Connecticut Department of Labor Logo

Connecticut Department of Labor

Having problems with Connecticut Department of Labor?

Connecticut Department of Labor reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 26, 2009. The latest review Impossible to get answers was posted on May 6, 2021. The latest complaint mail put in wrong mailbox was resolved on Jun 26, 2009. Connecticut Department of Labor has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 5 reviews. Connecticut Department of Labor has resolved 1 complaints.

Connecticut Department of Labor Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Connecticut Department of Labor Customer Service. Initial Connecticut Department of Labor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Connecticut Department of Labor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Connecticut Department of Labor. Discuss the issues you have had with Connecticut Department of Labor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Connecticut Department of Labor Complaints & Reviews

Connecticut Department of LaborImpossible to get answers

What an ordeal I have had with the DOL. I applied March 26, 2021 after being on an unpaid leave due to Covid restrictions at my job since November 9, 2020 and then being terminated. I received my confirmation email from the DOL shortly after.
It is now May 6, 2021. I've been calling the DOL every day for weeks trying to find out why there's been so long of a delay. Every time, I get a recorded message stating they're too busy and cannot answer, and are not scheduling call backs at this time, then disconnected. Yesterday, I called the governors office. They weren't very nice, told me to start calling the DOL at 7:00am in order to schedule a call back.
This morning I did, and got a recording to call back later because it was outside normal the hours of 8am - 4pm
I called back at 7:55 am, and was able to input my number for a call back. They called back and when I (very politely) asked why it had been so long, the rep hung up on me. Just hung up, no explanation at all. I called the number they called from back immediately and got a different rep. After about a 20 minute wait, she said the application department apologizes that they never contacted me they had no explanation, just "oops" sorry… They said they needed more documents emailed to them, and now they're saying it will take another 6 to 8 weeks to process this claim.
My tires are bad. Struts are gone. Insurance is due in 5 days, registration is expired, savings is GONE, no health insurance, owe the electric company over $1k, phone is shut off and internet is next.
I will be applying for food stamps ASAP.
This is unacceptable.

Connecticut Department of LaborCustomer service

I am an Independent Contractor who has suffered temporary shutdown due to COVID-19.

The CT DOL customer service number 860/967-0493 is not accepting messages and emails are not replied to. My claim has been in effect on or before March 29, 2020. I have NOT received any monies from UI benefits that I have paid via gainful employment since the age of 16-years old. I have made at least 100 calls and emails. ‘Melvin' a DOL employee called me back two months ago only to hang up on me hen I questioned why the weeks CTDOL held in my benefits was not applied to an overpayment that I had disputed.

The State and its reps need to take lack of manpower at DOL seriously. Too many claims are erroneously or negligently processed. My family is suffering needlessly.

Connecticut Department of LaborI filed unemployment five months ago

I filed for unemployment 5 months agobut today was the last straw I collapased today in a wallgreens today and almost died becuase I couldnt count out my 7 dollars in quarters fast enough for a pack of [censored]ing benadryl I dont even care that I havent gotten they money yet im just utterly discusted in the lack of conection between the people and the goverment especially in times like these all I want is an email that says your working on it or something I dont know if I can survive another week

• Updated by John jjl · Jul 13, 2020

i wrote a complaint yesterday that was very incoherent i was to upset to even type i filed for unemployment benifits almost six months ago i missed a week becuase i didnt have internet and had to completly refile but yesterday was the last straw i was stung twice by a wasp and went into anaphylactic shock and by the time i mad it to wallgreens i collapsed and couldnt breath and it was becuase i couldnt count out my seven dollars in quarters fast enough im just so upset and discusted as an american i dont even care about the fact ist been five months all i want is somebody to send me an email and let me know their working on it

Connecticut Department of LaborNon-payment of unemployment compensation due to covid

I've been claiming unemployment for about 5 wks. I've been out of work due to the Covid-19 Virus since May 2020. I haven't recieved any unemployment payments, not even qualified to apply for the Covid Pandemic benifits when I'lm out of work due to Covid-19. CT Dept of Labor needs to take care of CT Residents and pay us our money to be able to live

Connecticut Department of Labormail put in wrong mailbox

I have been waiting for a response from the Connecticut Department of Labor for many weeks now. Finally I open my mailbox which is attached to the unit where I live and needs a key to open to get the mail.

I finally received the letter with the envelope wripped open which of course someone had to open it and read it.

I blame the mail delivery person who might have put my mail in a different unit. It happens all the time. This letter is very personal and confidential which also has my social security number printed in the front page.

I wish something could be done about this. Of course the person who got my mail had no business openning my mail and reading it.