[Resolved] Complete Saveunauthorized charges

E Review updated:

I have had £10 a month taken from my account by completesave.co.uk and none of these payments were authorized by me. They slipped past my attention because the amount was only £10. I advised my bank these payments were never authorized by me and they have cancelled further payments and put what I already paid in dispute. There is a phone number for them [protected] and I rang it. I spoke to a woman called Pauline Morris who behaved in a very defensive way and was all too quick to insist that I had signed up, even though she hadn't even checked. I asked her to check my name and she had no information on me. Then she started to suggest a member of my family signed up with my card. I said to her that I would be surprised if a representative of legitimate business would be concerned at these fraud allegations I was making and would want to understand fully what happened. She, on the other hand, was merely trying to justify taking unauthorized payments from me. The business has an address 'Sentinel House, Airspeed Road, Portsmouth PO3 5RS. I have written to the police (NFIB) with the details I have on this.

• Resolution Statement

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response · Sep 24, 2015

Hello Forum Members:

Complete Savings is an online membership programme ideal for those who shop online regularly. Complete Savings members have access to a wide range of cashback deals, including an initial cashback reward, a monthly cashback reward, discounted gift cards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores

We will be very happy to assist you with your queries about Complete Savings. However, to do so, we first need to identify your record and without knowing who you are, we are not able to do that. Please get in touch with Complete Savings directly using the following details: [protected]@completesavings.co.uk, [protected], or you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk. You do not need you to provide your bank details for us to find your record. If you provide us with your full name and email address in most cases we can find your record.

We hope you get in touch with us soon so that we can resolve your queries.

The Complete Savings Team

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response · Jan 11, 2016

Hello Forum Members:

We will be happy to assist you with your queries about Complete Savings but it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each of you are. Please get in touch directly with us so that we can assist you. You can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk or you can telephone our customer service centre on [protected].

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response · Apr 03, 2016

Hello Zahia:

Please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you. You can contact me at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk or you can telephone our customer service centre on [protected].

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response · Jun 17, 2016

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response · Dec 04, 2016

Hello Forum Members:

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following the 30 day trial membership period, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

Jun 14, 2012

£10 was taken out from my account without permission.
    I found out that the company scammed naiv people who think that just will save 10%off next purchase,
    This company must be closed as there are towsends of coplains obout that

Jul 10, 2012

Horrible company have charged us over £70 in last few months recently increasing payments from £10 to £11.25 with out permission or authorisation. Why would a company like trainline allign themselves with a company like this it seems totally senseless. Have complained to train line so we will see if they can keep their reputable image or if they are as bad as completesave.
    What con artists!!!

Jun 24, 2018

@Amber28 Just been fiddled out of 90 pounds myself over 6 months. I will find out through my bank what has happened and who gave them my account details. I can only think it being amazon prime but not jumping to any conclusions yet. Disgusting behaviour if so many companies are associated with the said company. Talk about having a licence to print money.

Aug 06, 2012

Mr r osborne, i discovered that £10 was deducted from my bank account by Completesave.co.uk without my permission. this was taken off my Clydesdale bank account on or about the 3rd of august, i informed my bank about what amounts to fraud The bank gave me their phone number, They are based in portsmouth, so i phoned this company to tell that i was angry at someone who had taken £10 off my account without my authorisation, the gentleman at complete save told me that i would be reimbursed, this the clydesdale bank told me that it would take about 3 working days for the money to be credited back to my account, i sincerely hope so, yours sincerely mr r f osborne, PS who can you trust nowadays, i'm an oap.

Aug 06, 2012

i have submitted my complaint.Well a company called Completesave based in Portsmouth took £10 off my bank account without my permission, i phoned them telling them i was very angry with what amounts to fraud, they said i would be reimbursed.I phoned the clydesdale bank, they told me it takes about 3 working days until i am reimbursed.yours sincerely R F OSBORNE.

• C
      Aug 21, 2012

i have also had 10pound taken out of my bank account every month unauthorised it seems when you book with trainline you sign up for this scheme but i did not book any tickets on line at allI Ionly looked on their website now complete save th have put the monthly charge up by another £1. 50 i only discovered it this week when i checked my statement .does trainline know this happening cmurr

Sep 03, 2012

Unauthorised payments of £10 monthly have been taken from my Bank account, and, despite my Bank contacting this Company to cease these payments, requests have been ignored. Has anyone else been taken in by this scam.

Mar 01, 2019

@Senior74 I haven't a clue where they got my bank details from but they took me for £15 as well, totally illegal, I don't even know what service they provide, I've left a message on their site and will wait and see what the response is. If negative I suggest we get together and sue.

Sep 09, 2012

Hello Senior74:

I just read your post and it's important to me that your concern is addressed and that your query is resolved. If you would like my assistance, please contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk. If you do contact me directly, please reference this post.

Best regards,

• I
      Apr 12, 2017

@Maryo FRAUD - LOCK THEM UP

Mar 01, 2019

@IrishPaddy Agreed.

• B
      Sep 28, 2012

We have just receieved a call from Goldfish to question what were two regular (and thus OK) transactions and one from completesave.co.uk. With the automated system available, I almost missed the £10 taken by Completesave, but then discussed quickly with wife to discover neither of us had authorized this. Luckily we have only actually paid for one £10, which will be credited. However, it appears many 'premium' organisations such as Audible and Experien operate with similar ethics. Audible, using my Amazon information and a signup for free book, subsequently took out £50 before I noticed and stopped further transactions.
    We have to be very very careful indeed

Oct 01, 2012

very angry - just checked my credit card statement and found that a company called Completesave.co.uk have been taking £10.00 per month from my account without authorisation. I have e-mailed them to stop doing this, will also telephone them and if necessary, report it to the Police as a crime.
    Jennifer

Oct 07, 2012

i was very annoyed to realise that you have been taking £10 a month from my account without my consent, and i want to put a stop to it
    right now, and would appreciate my money back, if you take anymore i will be forced to take legal action, my bank will be auarized
    to stop paying it, ao please stop right now.
    mrs reid

Oct 12, 2012

We have just noticed today that we have had 8 payments of £10 taken off our credit card... I phoned them today and was told it was a savings club for several companies like Arogs for instants ... how do I get my money reimbursed any ideas ? Mrs Green

Oct 30, 2012

Complete save company have scanned thousands by taking regular monthly visa debits
    of ten pound without permission, consent of such debits being taking out of their account.
    All victims of this scam share the following characteristics. None of them where even aware of the company existing until their name appeared on a recurring visa debit on their bank account.
    To refund some of your money you can ring this number where they will claim you signed up for their services which is a lie as any one of normal mind would know for sure if they are willingly allowing a company to take ten pound out of the bank a month
    Their number is. [protected] ring this...ask for a refund which they will refund three
    months and than ask you to fill in form sent through email to claim another three months back.
    However, there is further action you can take...report it to action against fraud which you can find online..., which i have...report the company to trading standards which l have, and report the activities to watch dog, the bbc news, and all mayor news papers
    which i have. l think everyone on this site should do as i did and stand up against this
    company and get it closed down!!!
    l also reported it to the fraud police...for them to look into.
    Do not be leave the matter at getting your money back just for the company to scam others. Stand up and report it. i have sent email letters to all the mayor newspapers
    requesting their investigative journalists to look into the matter as a potential public
    interest story. Completesave can only continue to get away with this Fraud if its victims
    let them. Don't! Fight back and fight back hard
    my email is [protected]@hotmail.com

Dec 06, 2012

###! I did just what 'sinrisex' above advised. Be strong with them and ask for all of your money immediately.
    Ask how did you get my details?
    Why are you taking money out of my account without my permission?
    They will offer you 3 months refund. Say you want it all refunded and they will send you a form. The telesales staff are quite helpful if you keep your nerve. The guy i spoke to sounds like he does refunds all day to be fair to him.
    They tricked me into it when i booked train ticket. Write to trainline or who ever they say links you with them and complain.

Dec 06, 2012

I got drawn in to this scam when I booked accomodation with Travel Lodge. The hook being register for discounts on further bookings. DD to be cancelled forthwith.

Dec 10, 2012

Bloody cheek! They have been taking £10 every month since Jan 2012. Contacted my bank who said they would investigate and send a provisional payment to me. They have had loads of complaints regarding this company. There must be an "offcom" for Internet robbery. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Aug 11, 2018

@Atmissbell I've just noticed 15 pounds a month coming out of mine since last Jan after I booked with trainline told my bank and they have cancel any other transactions is there any thing we can do to get money back

• N
      Dec 19, 2012

Completesave is part of Webloyalty which is a limited company registered in Switzerland, you need to report all transactions to your card issuer and claim back all of what they took if you didn't authorise. Try your local Trading Standards Office for further advise. Let's make them do more work to refund monies and since they have no more money coming in hopefully they will call it a day.

Jan 02, 2013

MINE WAS SAME AS EVERY BODY ELSE EXCEPT
    EBAY OR TRAIN LINE WAS THE CULPRIT JUST BE CAREFUL TAUGHT ME A LESSON
    IN THE HANDS OF THE BANK NOW

Jan 18, 2013

3 unauthorised payments of £10 taken

Jan 24, 2013

I have just realised £10 been taken off monthly my account since 01/12 by completesave.co.uk. I had bought online tickets from trainline.co.uk and then forwarded to this site . I did not authorise ( at least that's what I thought) direct debit payment from my account . It was done in a very sneaky way . I called the company and asked them to stop any further payments and lodged my complaints . They said they will refund me 3 months and will send me form to refund rest . I am disgusted with what these company do . I will also complain to trading standards SP

Jan 25, 2013

I'm glad, in one way that so many people have been scammed by these people. It has happened to me by booking a train ticket
    with the trainline. I also checked my bank statement and as someone commented as it's 10 pounds didn't really think much
    about it and suddenly realised it was complete savings. I'm really angry that a company can just take monies from your personal
    bank account. I informed my bank and there will be no more payments out, but the only thing the bank would say is that from now on
    they will re-emburse me if it happens again. I keep sending them emails but they come back 'failed' You have to be so very careful
    and it's taught me a lesson. I hope they loose whatever kind of licence they have and that people listen to these comments.
    I live abroad and cannot call the 0800 numbers so cannot contact them to tell them what I think.

Jan 25, 2013

I'm sorry I didn't mean other people have been scammed, I meant I'm glad it wasn't just me! These people have to be stopped!

Jan 27, 2013

Same here! 10 pounds gone from my account after I placed an order with Pizzahut. Contacting bank tomorrow to prevent further damage!

Twitter is the best way to get companies like Pizzahut and Argos to get their act together :-)

Jan 30, 2013

Exactly the same with me as above, got my bank statement this morning to find out that they had taken £10 from my bank without my permission, I booked a room with Travelodge and unbe known to me i clicked on save £15 on your next visit and hey presto this was the result, shame on you travelodge for condoning such a scam!!! an utter discrase WHY IS THIS COMPANY ALLOWED TO CARRY ON???

• N
      Jan 31, 2013

Yep, happened to me too.
    This has really made me think twice about booking train tickets online with thetrainline.com. I hope these company’s eventually realise that selling your customers to these con-artist’s is not good customer service.

Mar 01, 2013

Just discovered that they have had 15 payments of £10 ie £150 since 27/11/11.Have cancelled with bank but also contacted the company.They say that I had filled in a form.I say i had not.They have offered me 3 months back into my account which I have taken but I also said I want a claim form to get the rest back which they are sending.If this was all above board why would they do this?I am fuming with this and I am, as soon as possible contacting anyone I canie FSA, TRading standards, newspapers etc until I get satisfaction.There seems to be 100's of people in the same boat.This company wants investigating.If anybody wants to collate their details we can form an action group .My email address is [protected]@aol.com

Mar 02, 2013

they got me too, scamming ###.
    i remember clicking on the £10 cash back button and as soon as I realised it was a scam closed the page down. I do a lot of internet shopping so cannot remember which page it occurred on. Could possibly have been trainline.
    I have e-mail'd them to instuct cancellation and full reimbursment of monies. I did look at the action fraud web page but wasn't sure if i should, however after reading the above I will go back and report it.

• 1
      Mar 07, 2013

I also just noticed that £10 a month was going out of my bank account to completesave.co.uk. I found an old bank statement from October 2012 and £10 to the same company but with a phone no.[protected], I phoned and asked what was completesave.co.uk and was told it was a site that you could claim back money each month on your on-line purchases. I told her I hadn't signed up for this and she said that I filled in a questionnaire after I had made a purchase on play.com in December 2011. I told her I never signed up for that and I wanted it cancelled straight away and she said no problem and sent me an e-mail saying that membership was cancelled. play.com and other site should stop this company from using them to divert money from their customers in such an underhand fashion. People think they are going to save money on their next order when really they are giving completesave.co.uk money for nothing.

Mar 08, 2013

I EMAILED THEM TOLD THEM TAKING UNAUTHORISED MONIES .THEY ARE STILL TAKING £10 A MONTH.

Hello Peter:

I just read your post and will be happy to assist you. We were not aware that you wanted to cancel your membership until we read your post. If you previously sent us an email, we did not receive it and that is why you were still being charged. I have checked our records and found your Complete Savings membership and cancelled it as you requested. I have sent an email directly to the email address we have on record for you with details of your membership and confirmation of your membership cancellation. If you did not receive this email, please contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

The Complete Savings programme provides great value to people who shop online regularly. We have thousands of consumers who save hundreds of pounds each year. Our discount offers and cashback deals make a real difference in this difficult economic environment. Membership is free for the first 30 days so that you can try it out, and after that it is £10 per month. Members are free to cancel their membership at any time. Our customer service team can be contacted at [protected] (freephone) or I can be contacted directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

Mar 08, 2013

they say they sent an email to address on record well i told them that email had been hacked and not in use, can they not read ?why not send me the email to my new email? Do i get a refund?

Mar 10, 2013

Hello Peter:

We did not receive an email from you and so we were not aware that you have a new email address. I am sorry if this has caused you concern. Please contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk and provide me with your new email address so that I can provide you with details of your membership cancellation. Alternatively, if you feel you are having difficulty with your email, you could telephone our customer service centre on [protected] (freephone) and they would also be happy to assist you.

Mar 20, 2013

I noticed this payment from my bank account after I had moved banks, because it is only £10 I had not noticed it before. I called the company and asked them who they were, after the lady had explained that I had been paying them this for 10 months I was very angry so I put the phone down thinking how stupid I had been. After a while I calmed down and rang them back demanding a full refund, they didn't really argue when I said that it was a very underhand way to conduct a business and that I would be reporting them. Also that I have never accessed any offers via their company, he agreed that I had never logged onto my account and he offered a full refund. This is totally unexceptable behavior and borderline fraud, let's promote and share this ASAP.

• 1
      Mar 23, 2013

This is an update-RESULT- after I posted on March 7th about being ripped of by completesave.co.uk I phoned them and demanded my money back and told them I had informed my banks fraud team, they said i could have 3 months back, and when I said I wanted it all back they said they would send me a claim form by e-mail, I down loaded it and sent it straight back to them and inside a week I had all of my £140 back in my account. Please keep posting and complaining about this company and claim back your money. Good luck everyone I hope you all get your money back.

• F
      Apr 02, 2013

Yup got me too AND through thetrainline as well. and since Jan 2012... just saw it tonight when I was going to transfer some cash and saw a £10 defecit waiting to be taken in the morning. When I checked it goes back to Jan FFS what a cheek.
    It's £10 a month as well same as everyone else. I have mailed them but it's late and I am in Sweden just now. Will be into the Bank ASAP and on the phone first thing in the morning.

• T
      Apr 04, 2013

Hi,
    I was away on a holiday and then when I came back I realized that these idiots have deducted 30£ from my account without my consent or permission. I was not even here when they started deducting money from my account.The problem is that they do not appear in any of the standing order or payment lists in my account and I dont know how to cancel their monthly deductions.Its so evil of them to rob ppl of their money and now I am really concerned whether my account details are safe or not.

• T
      Apr 04, 2013

I am very frustrated by this, they have robbed me of 30£ without any intimidation or permission. I was on holidays and then when I came back I realized that some idiot has taken away 30£, for no obvious reason. I never had any such membership since I was not even in the country. What is really worrying is that they have all the details of the card and I am wondering how safe is it in this country to use online booking systems and how easy it is for anyone to rob ppl of their money.
    I can not see any standing orders or payment drafts in their name either and yet they hav managed to get hold of my money.

Apr 26, 2013

It seems I am joining a long list of people that have been ripped off by this company . I today found out that they have been taking £10 per month from my credit card which my partner signed up for (without her knowledge) after we stayed in a Premier inn last June.I rang them today and asked for my money back, they have stopped my payments and said they would return £30 but no more. I asked if I had taken advantage of any of the benefits of this £10 per month payment and he said that I had not but would still not return any more money. I am taking this further and intend to report them to trading standards no matter what the outcome is with the company.

• C
      May 01, 2013

I have had two payments of £10 taken from my account. On phoning them and asking on what authority they advised me that it was when i made an order with Argos. I can only assume that bank details are taken from the Argos order as I certainly didn't complete any separate authority. I contacted them via a freephone number, [protected], and was advised that they were situated in Switzerland!
    Lewis

May 04, 2013
    Complete Save - Money
    Glasgow
    Scotland, Central
    United Kingdom

Hello Jake67:

We just read your post and we would like to assist you.

The Complete Savings programme provides great value to people who shop online regularly. We have thousands of consumers who save hundreds of pounds each year. Our discount offers and cashback deals make a real difference in this difficult economic environment. The only way you can become a member of Complete Savings is by completing an online registration form where you need to input your name, email and postal address, and your credit or debit card details. You also need to create and verify a password and then click a yes button to agree to our membership terms and conditions. Membership is free for the first 30 days so that you can try it out, and after that it is £10 per month. Members are free to cancel their membership at any time.

Currently we are unable to identify your membership record to resolve your query. Please call our customer service team at [protected] (freephone) or you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk so that we can identify your membership record and resolve your query. If you contact me, please reference this forum.

•   May 04, 2013

Read the Terms and Conditions and follow their membership cancellation procedure.