Zazzle / zazzle is rude and unfair to artists they use

United States Review updated:

After many years with this company Zazzle accused me of stealing my own work without explaining who made the complaint or whose work I was supposed to have copied. As if that wasn't bad enough, they flooded my inbox with over a dozen e-mails containing these accusations, but not once did they explain the reasons or offer proof. Zazzle also took down many of my original designs which took days to create without even asking me about the thefts I am supposed to have committed.

This company has made a profit off my work for years and expects to profit on my remaining designs, and yet they do not have the courtesy to properly research malicious complaints from unidentified persons. Any troublemaker or greedy seller can flag your original work as stolen just to eliminate competition. Zazzle is a horrible, rude, unprofessional organization that exploits artists for their own gain, and never show any consideration for the people whose hard work and abilities they depend upon.

To all independent and competent artists who are considering selling their work on Zazzle.com, I will tell you in advance that you are not guaranteed fair treatment or courtesy. They may profit off you for years and never provide support or service in any way. I recommend that artists stick with CafePress.

I have been with CafePress years longer than Zazzle and it is well worth the $60 annual fee. For $60, you get fair treatment and time-saving product creation. CafePress also provides actual customer service so your customers won't be angry at you for poor quality printing, errors, and late delivery. I have bought my own designs on CafePress and was never disappointed.

CafePress good, Zazzle bad.

Comments

8th of Jun, 2013

Zazzle recently decided to get rid of the Volume Bonus Program. This was the only thing that separated Zazzle from CafePress. Not there is no advantage to choose Zazzle over CP. However, at CP, you have a better chance at selling your designs due to their Marketplace function. Zazzle punishes anyone who sets their royalties over 10%.

Zazzle has also made more changes. The minimum royalties is now set at 5%. Which is a slap to the face to everyone who devoted their time and effort to Zazzle.

9th of Jun, 2013

I suggest all sellers who have problems with Cafepress and/or Zazzle to try Wordans.com . Wordans is a promising company from Canada e they are very friendly with shoopkeepers. If you open a store on Wordans.com, you decide how much comission you want to make!!!

9th of Jun, 2013

In my opinion Zazzle and Cafepress are the same. Cafepress seems to desire to pay only 10% for their sellers.
    Companies like Wordans, Prinfection and Spreadshirt do not have so many bad reviews like Zazzle and Cafepress. Try to give more attention to another PODS.
    I ask GOD the punish all dishonest PODS! All honest PODS will grow and Name of Jesus!

10th of Jun, 2013

I do not think Zazzle got rid of the Volumes Bonus Program. I do not think Zazzle punishes anyone who sets their royalties over 10%. Zazzle is good company and always be better than Cafepress in my opinion. I have several stores on Zazzle, I have a new store on Spreadshirt, Wordans and Prinfection. I will never open a store on Cafepress.

12th of Jun, 2013

Angrymoms, I was doing some research about this Zazzle change and I believe you are right. It seems like they Zazzle will make a change on their Volumes Bonus Program. Sorry if I disagreed with you. I really did not believe they want to make changes.
    Zazzle is not the one POD for people. There are wonferdul PODS like Wordans, Spreadshirt, Prinfection and etc...

• Ra
      29th of Jun, 2013

I ordered my wedding invitations from zazzle.com BEWARE: Even though you pay full price for their printing, they print your stuff with their website all over it. I was so embarrassed to find that my RSVP Cards and custom postage was printed with Zazzle advertising. I didn't have enough time to send it back. And even if I did, I would have had to start all over again with a different printer as they weren't going to fix the problem. They thought it was perfectly acceptable. I don't recommend this company.