Zazzle / suspicious actions and discrimination to artists

I have been with Zazzle as a artist now for going on 11 years. Have designed many stores with them and have made them hundreds of thousands of dollars just my work alone.

About 6 years ago they started implementing actions that overnight took many of their loyal first time members down in earnings. Mine 3, 000 a month to now barely a 50 dollar threshold pay day. The reason for this partially as I was not well liked at their form by a male moderator that up until the day before Thanksgiving has been stalking me, banning me from the forum now 5 times and not one email showing what I did wrong. I in fact for 6 months was told I was not banned and it was my browser. Well again the day before Thanksgiving just like before with this moderator I get insulted, and I respond and I am banned. My posts and other members posts deleted when they tried to stick up for me and tell this moderator he was out of line what he said to me. Not the first time, in fact I have the emails and posts asking him to leave me alone.

My husband is going on 77 years old, and last year they sent us a email saying our 12 step graphics after 10 years were copyrighted. They knew very well they were not as when we started with them that was made clear to them that they were Public Domain. Since then the A.A. logo and use of the name has now been copyrighted and we have no problem with that. But they took down in 3 days 1304 of my products, and hospital posters which took me 10 years to promote to the level they were and consistent income. Even after finding out after I had A.A. World Services in NY contact them, they refused to reinstate but 3 of the 1304 they removed. For 3 days my email was flooded with hundreds and hundreds of take down notices, each item receiving notice they removed. My husband ended up in the Urgent care with chest pains as although we called, we emailed we begged them to stop they ignored us.

Since then they have pretty much continued their quest to ruin us and have. There are some very suspicious things going on a this company. One of them is their referral stripping. At one time we made a decent amount of their affiliate program. However they stopped our bonus program claiming it was just that a bonus and subject to being removed at any time. And since then most of our referrals are stripped using whatever form they are, with emails, even all the way to check out. I can refer a item and within minutes to a day or two get a sale on it. The cookie is suppose to last 90 days or so, it changes so don't quote me, but it always for me anyway comes back hijacked as a 3rd party sale. Something wrong in my opinion with a company that has a affiliate program and is also affiliating their own products, seems like a conflict of interest which should be carefully audited by a outside source like the IRS to make sure they are not using software like stealware and getting these referrals legally, if they are allowed at all.

I am not alone. After again being banned the other day, I received over 20 emails from angry artists that have become like a family in 11 years many that posted and were deleted, many who also feel they are being targeted after years and years of loyalty and sales that made this company.

I think it would behove someone to really look into things at Zazzle. The average age of the employee's there is mid 20's and they seem to be running the show, with either the owners unaware, or not caring.

I have pondered sending all my posts of the last years to them, but we are talking thousands, and/or just the insulting ones to me when asking a question and mocking my memory and intelligence to other members. Also I have asked for proof of one post I did that warranted the multiple time I was banned from their forum which I use to promote now cannot and chat with other members.

This time they used the excuse I posted a email I received from them about this moderator stalking me. The email had 5 people in the CC line when I got the answer back, and nothing about it being private. In the forum I did not say who it was from. The reason I posted it is this. It told me that from now on the moderators have been instructed not to answer me, and want me to get any answers from the members (something in that order) not word for word, so I posted it as now I had no way to get help without the members, and sooner or later I would have to tell them when the moderators ignored me per their instructions. I replied back and said so I get punished because your moderator insulted me? I then was banned.

I am up in the air on what to do, . I still have my stores with them, but sales have been destroyed for personal reasons. Oh and let me also point out. Not one other store on Zazzle selling the same niche as me was targeted, until I insisted the ones breaking copyright laws either be removed or I would contact the owners of A.A. Copyright. I was given disparate treatment still am, and hope someone looks into this company as they have hurt so many of us.

Thank you for the venue to do this.

• Updated by Bob Tinker Mellinkoff, Nov 26, 2017

I wanted to add. I now fear more retaliation for posting this here. They would not work with me, my husband and I are both seniors just trying to make extra to exist. I have been loyal send probably a hundred or more artists to them, and have over and over thanked them and it appears unless you have no concerns your welcome, but question anything and your now on a list. I need this income, this was not easy to have to do, but they have not been forthright with us artists and make us do things to keep our status that some have to work all day to keep up with for fear of losing their rankings and sales. I belong to 9 other companies doing the same thing and have never seen anything like this anywhere, where moderators bark out orders and if you do not like it end up like I have and many others. Thank you

Bo