Yes Loans / fraud

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

i am among hundreds of people who have believed yes loans that they have been accepted for a loan and paid a £49.00 fee for the privalage , please do not fall in to this trap , there is no loan , you have been conned out of your fees , desparate people believe con men , yes loan is a scam beware

Comments

• Li
      25th of Feb, 2008

As a lone parent and attempting to start a buisness i was conned into thinking yes loans could help. After explaining my situation to the sales man, and stating i was with very little financial means, i was endeed led to believe they would find me a good loan. Please note i did not go looking for them they found me. It was not long before i realised my mistake and asked to cancel the application,this was back in november 2007 less then a month of the application starting. To date i have had no reply to my emails and letters. Phone calls are just a no go area.

The shame of it. Today i have had anther text asking do i want to apply again, this follows the phone call last week. I only wish i had looked here before i was hoodwinked into parting with my credit card details.

Todays date 25th febuary 2008

• Su
      29th of Mar, 2008

Lets get them into court, as their activities are fraudulent.

11th of Apr, 2008

I starting to apply but realised that it was a bit dodgy so i pulled out and since then all i get are texts to my personal mobile phone from yes loans saying you have been accepted ring this number etc... i have rung them 4 times to cancel everything including the text and still i am receiving the texts!!!

Going to ring them for the 5th time to kick off about these texts, what a rubbish company, how can companies like these keep ripping people off and get away with it?

• Ra
      1st of May, 2008

My fiance recently applied to Yes Loans and was told he'd been accepted. He had to pay just short of £60 for the administration fee and then had a phone call today (1st May 2008) to say something has changed with his credit report in the past two days, and he can no longer have the loan.

We checked his credit report and nothing has changed so basically its all a load of bull!

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY - do not get a loan from these people. We are contacting our solicitor about it to try and get the admin fee back.

• Kc
      8th of May, 2008

We applied to yes loans and got accepted, we paid the £59.50 fee straight away and got the letters the next day. we found that borrowing £15, ooo would mean paying back £25, 000 so we decided to cancel it. Since then we have spent 10 hours on the phone 9 of which have been on hold the rest is us being passed from person to person no one would give second names no supervisors were available and then when we did get a supervisor they told us we were wrong and put us back on hold!

We have emailed and complained and written and had nothing. The worst bit is they pestered us to do it and got in touch with us and now no one we have spoken to exists and we have to wait 10 more days for our refund. yesterday it was 2 days the day before it was yesterday!

I cant believe this is happening i was looking for someone to complain to like watchdog or something but it seems they have already had that done. Wish we would have watched it more often now!

I will not stop until i received my money back even if it means going to wales myself! They will not and cannot get away with it.

DO NOT USE YES LOANS THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE A BAD COMPANY AND WILL RUIN YOU IF YOU GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.

• Du
      12th of May, 2008

ok u guys must be dumb if u read ur terms and condidtions then it all states in there that they are not the loan company but act as a broker wat they are doing is totalli legal as there wording is within guide lines so advice to you shmoo's read ur all terms and conditions before signin any agreements!!!

13th of Jun, 2008

Oh my god, I cant believe i am reading this. I have just spoke to Yes loans today and paid my "£59 admin fee" after she told my "CONGATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED!!" I am furious, my somach is turning. How can they get away with that!?? I said to the agent on the phone - "If I pay the fee, will I get my loan?". Her answer was "If all the information you have gave me is correct, the Yes you will get the loan" So basically she was lying through her back teeth!!! Surely they must lend some people out of the millions that apply?????!!! OMG, I'm Guttd :(

14th of Jun, 2008

hi got conned a week ago.
    to the person who talks about reading terms and conditions, there is nothing on the website which tell t=you they are a broker. it just describes them as a loan company.

since paying my fee i have mailed my mp Mick Gibb, contacted watch dog and wote to money mail (daily mail.).

if everyone gets intouch with their mps, the papers and watch dog, someone will have to do something... you can contact watchdog via the internet.

its about time this scummy company was brought to justice. they cheeky gets done even reply to fax's and emails

• We
      17th of Jun, 2008

hi guys is there any body here who knows how we can take yes loans to cort would any body back me as i got aproved of my loan to and payd the fee and i cant get the money back from them every time i phone them they transfer me to another number and it never works no one ever picks up i have sat on the phone for 2 hours with no answer pls help pls

25th of Jun, 2008

admin@yl-uk.com, enquiries@yesloansuk.com
    these are two emails that you should use to email them, in the email tell them that you have contacted your local mp, to find out who he is go on to the local gov site. also tell them you are giving them 7 days to pay you then you are taking them to a small claims court to recover the oney plus costs plus intrest. tell them youve sent a copy of email to your mp etc. email a few times and you should get the money back.

good luck

25th of Jun, 2008

p.s i did get my cash back after 3 weeks. but you need to hassle them.

19th of Jul, 2008

hi i am just in the proces of been ripped off by yes loans they sent me a congratulations letter took my admin charge now i cant get through to anyone on hold all the time i am sooooo gutted wish i had read this forum 2 weeks ago i am emailing watchdog with my story we should all do the same then maybe this so called company will be closed down...

• Gl
      28th of Aug, 2008

i wish to have a refund as i no longer need the loan and im feed up with spending 45mins on the phone all the time at my cost. ive emailed you twice and still no refund, please can we get this sorted. regards glenn hale

• Kl
      30th of Aug, 2008

I have just applied with yes loans and have only just found these reviews... i feel sick to my stomach. I havent paid the fee as i explained i didnt get paid until Monday I am now worried that they'll continue to try taking it. ive tried calling them back but no answer... :o(

• Pa
      3rd of Sep, 2008

my partner i applied for a loan but failed to tell us bout the fee of £59.50 so we cancelled it but stiil took the money out of her account anyway, trying to get it back some how!!! of all the money they have taken of people they must be minted they cant keep doing this to people

15th of Sep, 2008

this company is rubbish. i applied for a loan a couple of days ago and paid my amin fee i then decided to cancell my offer and was told that my money would be refunded straight away! i have phoned up the company numerous times (at my expense) only to be fobbed off and had to wait for at least half an hour each time i called. i am just about to complain to watchdog about this. i suggest everybody else does the same. THEY ARE ###!!!

• In
      21st of Sep, 2008

I unfortuately work for Yes Loans and I dread going into work - it is true what everyones says on here - the sales scripts are so well written that it boarders 'fraudulent' and you are conned... There is no nice way of putting it. Yes Loans claims to deal with 50, 000 applications a month and accept 93% as clients - trust me, only about 3% actually get a loan - there is no panel of lenders, only - Welcome Finance and first for credit... the other lenders won't do business with YES any longer.

If you want to get your MONEY BACK - threaten them with legal action and say that you are going to go to the press, ombudsman and also seek legal advise - they tend to act quicker. There is no Refund Department - you only get transfered to the debt management people (money worries)... that is why you are on hold for so long as everyone is transfer to them eventually... and they don't have the man power to deal with it...

Managers and Supervisors are gutless and won't come onto the phones for anything or anyone - they expect the floor agents to deal with the calls and tell us to 'fob' the clients of with the usual rubbish (no managers/supervisors available) the law states that there must be one on the floor at all times...

My final advise - DON'T DEAL WITH YES LOANS.

• Co
      4th of Oct, 2008

Hello ALL,
    I am still in the same predicament as you all and wish to help you if at all I can.
    I just don’t want anyone else to get scammed and above all I just want this company to stop behaving as they are.
    Yes I requested the loan and yes I accepted their conditions plus paid the fee, but surely if you are told you would get a fee back you should get it back – especially if they cannot find you a loan!

Anyways thats my rant over with ... I would highly recommend going to the following link and emailing Yorkshire-lad400 who has very good advice on what to do.

Wish you all the best
    YesLoansMyA**

• Su
      11th of Oct, 2008

Yes loans ripped me off, saying i was accepted for a loan and they would put the money into my bank account after signing the papers they send to you. This never happens they lie to you and take your £50.00 this happened a year ago.

And a friend of mine recently applied for one without knowing what kind of fraud company they are, she got accepted and the same was said to her she has now lost the money and has no loan like they said she had. She is trying to get her money back but this is very hard to get back. And i never got mine back after constant calling being put on hold and then to be hung up on. And having to go thought it all again.

Yes Loans con people out of money and after a year i can not belive they are still doing this, why are they not shut down. They are thiefs and stealing from people who are desperate for a loan im very upset they can get away with this and i wish someone would shut the company down. So no one else has to go thought with this.

• Ti
      12th of Oct, 2008

Unfortunately I work for yes loans and I have been with them for almost 4 weeks now. I agree with everyone on here who says they're criminals. I'm not reall interested in the job, but they were the only people who have given me a job as the South Wales Fire Service have fobbed me off even though I'm ex-armed forces and was with the welsh guards for four years. As some of you know, Yes Loans is a broker and not a loan lender and Welcome Finance is the loan lender and the only one they deal with. I've recently found out that the hierarchy dont even treat the staff very well even if you can't make it for work and have to phone in sick. I was told that they take away your best days wage off you if you phone in sick, which is totally illegal. No-one is allowed to take any sort of wage off you at all. But just to let you all know, they do refund you your application fee but it is only £54.50. They keep £5.00 of the fee after they refund your admin fee. The problem is it does take a while for the refund to get back to you and its either sent by check or direct debit. So I'm really sorry for all you people who have applied for loans with this theiving company and I hope you get things sorted as soon as possible. As someone previously said before threaten them with legal action if you fell unsatisfied.