[Resolved] Yatra.comhotel booking

I was booked in to Hotel Ashlesh in Manipal for 16th Nov 2018 night (Yatra booking reference number [protected]). Booking was done on 13th Sept (through my son's Yatra account). I was unceremoniously shunted out to a smaller hotel with no facilities and a much poorer room, quoting 'Overbooked' at Ashlesh.

I had to perforce use the second hotel as I had no other option as I was in Manipal to attend my son's convocation and all hotels were fully booked. Hotel Ashlesh told me that they had advised Yatra to stop taking bookings for them sometime in August itself as they were fully booked.

This is a total rip-off. Yatra makes their money (commission on the higher tariff room booked through them), Ashlesh makes their money (difference between rate at which their room was booked and what is paid to the smaller hotel), the smaller alternate hotel makes their money (they get bookings they would otherwise not get and possibly at higher than their normal tariff).

The customer gets ripped off by all three. I don't think I will ever again do any booking thru Yatra.com and I intend to let others on social media know of this massive rip off by Yatra.com.

From reviews and complaints posted online on various platforms by large number of aggrieved users, this appears to be standard operating procedure for Yatra.com. I am surprised they continue to be allowed to operate this scam with impunity despite the large number of complaints. They should be shut down for this reason alone.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Madhu Balakrishnan, Dec 02, 2018

Also must mention that complaints posted on their website have received no response or acknowledgment.

• Yatra Online Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2018

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Yatra.com !

As per records, our customer care team would have contacted you for all your concerns and have shared the required information with you. Refund of Rs. 840.00 is processed form our end as a difference in amount for the alternate offered to you.

Should you require any further assistance, Feel free to write us back.

Best Regards,