Yatra.com / yatra charged money but did not book the ticket!

1 India Review updated:

I bought an international ticket from ay to New York and back on Yatra.com and paid via my credit card an amount of Rs 94184. The amount was charged to my credit card and yatra sent me an itenarary proving the same. Now when I called Air India on the 12th of March I find the ticket was cancelled by the airline as the ticket was not issued by Yatra by the line.

I have been emailing and calling yatra for the last 18 hours with no response. Every time they assure me and nothing happens.

I am supposed to fly on the 12 March night (today) and payed huge sums of money for lodge and business meetings and the ticket has not yet been confirmed by yatra.

This is such a ridiculous case.

NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM YATRA!

Comments

• Kk
      9th of Jul, 2007

I have been charged an amount of Rs.2331.51 dt 6th june to my credit card. No tickets were booked or confirmed during that period and moreover the amount has been opted for payment in 3 EMI's at Rs.777.17

I never opt for EMI payments and I would make full settlement only. I need to know entire details of this transaction.

• Si
      12th of Jul, 2009

Dear All,

I made a hotel booking through YATRA.com for my guests and to my surprise the hotel said that YATRA.com is not paying them the money hence the booking is not confirmed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now what about my guests? Where do I ask them to stay? I trusted YATRA.com, made the payment and now the booking is cancelled. All my money is lost. I will now be taking up this matter with Consumer court if my money is not given back to me. OTHERS do not make any reservation through YATRA.com. THey are complete liars and cannot keep up to the commitment.

If Yatra representative is reading this, you may reach me at cyberchamp@gmail.com

Regards,