Xoom Energy / OVERPRICING

New Jersey, United States Review updated:

Was introduced to this "Energy Company" through ACN business opportunity - they presented themselves as a less costly alternative to both JCP&L (First Energy) and PSE&G (Public Service Electric & Gas). The bottom line here is that THEY ARE NOT LESS EXPENSIVE! - To give you an idea this month alone I paid $368.01 MORE for my GAS and $134.51 MORE for Electric versus what I would have paid from the utilities default supplier. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! You will end up paying significantly more if you "switch" to this so called supplier. If you complain.. they will say that you should commit to a lower 6 month "fixed" rate program as opposed to the variable rate program ...which I investigated and it actually was still more expensive (based on the last 6 mos rates) AVOID this COMPANY at all costs!

Ad
Mar 23, 2014

Comments

21st of Apr, 2014

Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud, Fraud by inducement

I have the same problem with XOOM energy.
    For most of a year their prices were close to the PSEG price.Usually $1-$2 over or under.
    Then when the winter hit their prices rose to 300-500% of the local utility price.
    I don't care what the market that month did. The entire purpose of allowing third party suppliers to piggyback
    onto the local utility bill is to "Save money".
    Once I cancelled these third party services the prices jumped even higher than before.
    Between XoOM and another provider I was overcharged at least $1000 between January and April 2014.
    That is intolerable for a money saving program.
    Since they hold out their services online and through their sales force as "money saving" and bill for the outrageous charges on the PSEG bill, my finding is, that these business practices constitute mail fraud, wire fraud, and fraud by inducement. Look it up.
    Furthermore they were adamant with me about never adjusting a bill when it is obvious at the BBB site that they do, if you make enough noise.
    Their telephone reps are rude, and it is like pulling teeth to get them to tell you what city they are in much less who their superiors are. They are unnecessary to the process of energy delivery and should be shut down.