Xbox 360 Helpline / very disappointed with the service!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have called the Xbox 360 helpline and e-mail line many times and they said they will come pick my xbox and have received no help i am very been very disappointed with this service. It has been 2 months.

Poor service!

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2007

I have been waiting for 2 months now my self and i have received nothing! The service is rubbish with Microsoft being a large company you would expect them to have a decent customer care line!

• Da
      6th of Jun, 2007

I have been trying to get help from Microsoft for over a month now and when they do answer the phone (mostly they just hang up with out speaking!!) they either pass you on t9o another number or they say it is not a problem and it must be something I'm doing wrong!!

So it's selling the 360 for me and going over to Sony, who's product is at least stable.

• Ke
      23rd of Jul, 2007

Played the console for about 6 months, got the "flashing red lights' problem. Took 5 days to receive the box to send it back. After 3 weeks, I decided to call. After being told three different dates I was going to receive it after three consecutive phone calls (and after talking to 5 different "supervisors"), I receive a REFURBISHED console after 5 and a half weeks. The REFURBISHED console did not work properly as it did not read CDs properly. Now have the name and number of director in the actual U.S. office. Still says its going to be another 4 weeks.

• Br
      25th of Jul, 2007

I bought my xbox 360 in january. Two weeks ago i got three flashing red lights, so phoned the helpline twice for assistance. they said they would send a box in five working days, and a contact number to arrange for it to be picked up and taken away, after which id get it back repaired free of charge in 15 days. that was two weeks ago. my guarantee is still in service. please help

• Ni
      18th of Aug, 2007

I can top all that, we got our Xbox360 and it broke down 3 days later so after a month of calling and complaining to microsoft we got it replaced and it was working fine for 2 months and we had to get it replaced again because of the # flashing red lights.

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2007

I purchased the xbox 360 for christmas 2006. 2week after we opened it the red rings appeared and we had to send it in to get fixed. I sent in a brand new xbox 360 and got back a refurbished one . that right there is not fair. Six months later the red rings came back and i sent it back in for service and received another refurbished one back. I am so disappointed in this product. I am sorry i ever bought it. I am now just waiting for the red rings to appear again because i know they will microsoft made an inferior product and cannot fix it that it will last. I will never buy any video games from microsoft again.

• Bo
      31st of Aug, 2007

Dude i had my 360 for 2 weeks and got flashing red light b.s, i took it back and they gave me a new one the same day... so i don't get why you guys didn't just return it to were you bought it from... DUHH!

7th of Sep, 2007

Wow where do i start, i bout my xbox in feb '07 and i had problems every now and then with it freezing then on june 1st it froze so bad i couldn't play any games so i went ahead and sent it in for repair. About 3 weeks later i got a "replacement" console to replace the one i sent in. i was like thats cool, yea i am dumb, i started to play the "replacement" unit and all of a sudden 10 min into a game the console reset on me. So began a new service issue, so i sent that one in and again about 3 weeks later i got the same one back but only this time it still reset itself on me and it now also wont eject the disc. Haha and check this out when i called xbox support i got some chick and she says shut off the xbox so i say ok, she says hit the eject button so i do and we all know when u hit that eject button the system turns on well for some reason she didn't know that. She kept telling me to shut off the machine... lol idiots. Anyway i have now sent that one back and a supposed manager had called me and said they would send me a new system once they received my system and they received mine on aug 31st and surprise surprise its now sept 7th and nothing has been sent... microsoft is bs!

• Bo
      10th of Sep, 2007

My XBOX360 has been out of action for the last two months, i've called the XBOX helpline multiple times and went through the same crap each time. I'm on hold for about 45min then I get some ignoramus who doesn't try to hear my complaint, then finally after nearly two hours on the phone they tell me they can't send the box to my location. It's been over a month now and the XBOX help line still hasn't helped me yet.

• Us
      16th of Sep, 2007

Xbox 360 sucks with bill gates having 45bil in the back thanks to us...steve jobs was right bill is a ###

• Ga
      21st of Sep, 2007

Can anyone give me the help line #? I can't seem to find my box with everything in it and my xbox has the red lines. Please help me, I'M DESPERATE!!!

• Ri
      22nd of Sep, 2007

My xbox360 is 2 months old and keeps crashing and has alsoscratched the hell out of forza2 so it wont play now, the helpline took 55mins to answer then told me UPS would take it away to be fixed and i should receive it back in 20 days,well ive waited for over a week and havnt heard anything.....and then i get told that ive gotta pay £15 for a replacement disc for forza2...this is WRONG!!! They produced a faulty console thats ruined my game and ive gotta pay for it!!!! ....I DONT THINK SO!!! ...Im gonna call them today and sort all this ### out and il keep u posted on what happens..........

• Jk
      24th of Sep, 2007

I strongly agree. I've been waiting 20 days for the return of my broken down lemon. Today I received notice that my 360 had finally been repaired and shipped. To my surprise when I checked the tracking number I found it had been shipped to the wrong country! I live in the United States, MS had shipped my unit to Mexico. But, was it my unit? It had my serial number, but a previous email I received from MS listed a different serial number than the one I sent in. Phone support is useless. I berated two poor shmoes in India this evening. All they could do is tell me to expect a phone call from the service center supervisor within 48 hours. I told them that was unacceptable but they were absolutely useless. On the phone for over an hour with no satisfaction. I will be contacting them again tomorrow demanding a console be shipped for delivery within the week. We'll see how that goes.

• As
      25th of Sep, 2007

Resp Sir,
    this is ashish Wabkhede. Mailing from Mumbai (india). This is Regarding My MCP's Dot Net Certification. I hav cleared Dot Net's Paper but still now i havent received my Certificate.

If u could help me for that or Guid me How to get my Certificate Please Reply me ASAP.
    I'm waiting for positive Reply from u's Side

25th of Sep, 2007

I got a call today for my xbox coming back through ups and there are suddenly no devices registered on my account so i called today and they said its on its way. Then later that day i got the call from ups saying it will be here tomorrow, but when i look at the tracking number they give me is says it is being shipped to somewhere in mexico. So i am wondering if they somehow sent it to the wrong country and why it was sent there.

4th of Oct, 2007

I too have recently sent in my 360 for repairs. I had no problem with doing so but i am now changing my mind about it. I would still like the 360 back and have no intentions of changing over to the PS3 as i dont find it to be better than the 360. But the service i get when phoning the repair company is pathetic. I hope someone from Microsoft does read this. When phoing your repair company there are a lot of silences indicating to me that the advisor has no idea where my console is. Twice now i have been told that i will be getting a call back from them and not recieved any sort of call or message. So heres to the repairs department.....Where the hell have you put my Xbox 360?..

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2007

hey what do i do if i sent my box in with the xbox 360 but forgot to write down the ups code is their a way to find out. also whenever i try to register my xbox 360 on the microsft site i always get an error message. HELP

10th of Oct, 2007

I've been having trouble with my Xbox 360 console too. One night I started to play a game of: Gears of War on Xbox Live, when suddenly, the game froze with a strange multi-colored screen... At first I thought it was the game, so I shut the console off and went to sleep... The next morning I woke up and started to play Bioshock, everything was fine. I then decided to attempt: Gears of War again for a second time, but no success. I kept trying and trying, until... RING OF DEATH! I was so p*ssed off! I then contacted Xbox Customer Support, to find out that my console needed repairing. (Luckily I was still in my warranty). So, 9 days later Xbox 360 comes back, I play: Gears of War for a few hours, which worked fine. Then I decided to have a game of: Bioshock, after about 10 minutes of playing, the same thing happened again, that happened to: Gears of War. (Froze with a multi-colored screen). Yet this time there was no sign of the dreaded: RING OF DEATH!... Same thing happens again, yet this time I have to wait 15 days on console coming back, and this time I get a letter explaining to me that: ' The DVD Drive had been replaced'. So I thought to myself - "Oh good maybe that's what was wrong with the console?"...... But, after playing Halo 3 for about 2 hours, the strange screen comes up again, and by this time I was really starting to get so [censored]ed off with this silly console! Then straight after that happening the: RING OF DEATH again! And now UPS have taken my console away again for the 3rd time, really bored without it! Oh, and.. I was told that I wasn't allowed a new console, I had to wait and see what happened to this one... I mean What The Hell?! Obviously it's not going to work if the last3 have broke! Anyway we'll see what happens...
    Leave Comments please!

Bye,
    Martin.

30th of Oct, 2007

I have had a problem with my xbox for along time now and I have called the help line and emailed them so many times it is getting very disappointing that they can not be bothered to help people.

• Sr
      1st of Nov, 2007

I came across an internet ad saying " For $24 you can download a manual with which you can repair the XBOX 360 's three red lights issue or THE RING OF DEATH". Any one know is this real or a hoax? Please advise as I'm planning to buy a xbox360.