www.horizongoldcard.com / scam and rip off!

1 indiana, PA, United States Review updated:

I recently received a postcard saying I was Approved for a $500 dollar unsecured credit card. After going to the website and reading the privacy policy I knew it was a scam. Thank you for everyone that has wrote about this company because you saved me from falling for this scam. If you want to complain about this scam go to usps.com and put in a complaint so we can get these ###s from taking our money that we don't have and them living off it.

Comments

• Vi
      21st of May, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL MY HORIZON GOLD CREDIT CARD.

• De
      9th of Jun, 2008

I would like to cancel my horizon gold credit card. would also like to be refunded the $ 89.95 that was taken from my account.

• Tr
      7th of Jul, 2008

this card is no good, this is a rip off

• Ca
      11th of Jul, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL AND CLOSE MY HORIZON GOLD CARD!!

17th of Jul, 2008

I WANT TOCANCEL SO CALLED "GOLD CARD' I CANT FIND AN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR A NUMBER.I WORK TO HARD TO BE RIPPED OFF.I AM A RECENT WIDOW WHO HAS BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO GET A REFUND.I AM GOING TO CHANGE MY BANK ACCOUNT SO THEY CANT STEAL FROM ME.LETS ALL BOYCOTT THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD.

19th of Jul, 2008

I received an e-mail from horizon gold card.I tried to call them .no answer.please do not steal from me and retiyn the money u owe me.You are a phony company.you are ripping off hard working people.How do you sleep at night?we deserve a public apology, whoever you are.Do the right thing.You are no longer authorized to take from my account.The time is now.I will be notifying the local legal people who know about scam artists.

27th of Jul, 2008

You people are so stupid that you don't even know that this website does not belong to the Horizon Card Services. It is a general complaint board you ###ed hillbillies.

• St
      31st of Jul, 2008

thank for the post..i just recieved a horizon post card in the mail..saved me a lot of trouble

thanks again
    Steve

• Li
      31st of Jul, 2008

why would anyone give a credit card number to get a credit card?? duh!! where do they even get our info from to even send us this stuff. i just got married nad they know my new name already. i haven't even applied for anything with my new name yet. i'd rather do it the old fashion way by mail

• Do
      7th of Aug, 2008

I KNEW WHEN I RECIEVED THE POST CARD THAT IT WAS A SCAM .

• Be
      18th of Aug, 2008

Thanks, I was just about to apply. Figured I check out the complaints first, You guys saved me a lot of trouble

• He
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I just receieved a post card in the mail saying hat I was approved for $500 unsecured., thanks to you guys that I did not get BUCKED! I knew that it was a rip off from the start, yeah someone need to handle this or alot of others are goingto get ripped off.

• Bi
      11th of Sep, 2008

got one of these post-cards in the mail. they seem to send them to people who seek bad credit approvals online. look out though i will agree with this piece of info, any company asking for your account numbers online with no security that they wont sell that same information, is a risky proposition. also, please take a moment to read any policies people, these people clearly tell you they will charge your account periodicly to so called "verify that your account is still active". any legit. company can and will verify your account through conventional means, a phone call or secured electronic mail, not through charging your account. common sense my fellow bad credit brothers, the only reason to charge your account is to take a lil money. good luck.

• Gl
      24th of Sep, 2008

It's true Horizongoldcard is a rip off. Today I spoke with C.Service Rep Dan he tried to keep me from canceling this card so I ask to speak with a Supervisor an Michelle got on the Phone her I.D# is 277. I had my Attorney on the line also while I was speaking to both of them. You will not believe the conversation HGC was trying to pull. The good news everyone who wants to cancel this card is having your Attorney or someone to listen to your conversation with HGC they are scandalous. My card was cancel today ending in cancellation#62623 Phone number for HGC is 1-800-251-6411 Customer Service. Everyone stay away
    do not get involved with HGC get your refund back NOW!!! Call your bank and report fraud claim against
    HGC.

• Gl
      24th of Sep, 2008

Here is an update on info for cancellation of HGC CARDS Kimberly Alamo General Manager of Customer advocacy Dept.
    Toll free: 1-800-837-4997
    Fax: 1-724-599-1580
    Get your refund back

• Je
      24th of Sep, 2008

I can tell this was a scam. As soon as I read the complaints. NO thanks It dosen't have a logo on it either.

• Mi
      25th of Sep, 2008

YEA I ALSO RECIVE A POST CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY, WE KNEW IT WAS A FAKE JUS T BY THE NAME. NEVER HEARD OF THAT KIND OF CREIT CARD. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

• Ju
      27th of Sep, 2008

I tried to find the web site for the horizon gold card but it kept saying no file found now if you were a true company google should be able to find you with no trouble I dont like to be lied to and taken advantage of I am a single mother of three and need all the money I have..

I also want to thank everyone who made this page about complaint because I was really going to go through with it

THANK-YOU

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2008

I RECIEVED A CARD FROM HORIZON AND IT SAID I AM APPROVED FOR $500 BUCKS. I LIKE THE OTHERS THAT RECIEVED THIS SAW THAT WASNT TRUE. THERE WAS NOTHING ON THE WEB PAGE OF HORIZON SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT IF YOU GOT A CARD TO GO TO THE WEBSITE AND PUT YOUR APPROVED NUMBER. THEY SHOULD NOT SAY THING THAT ARE NOT TRUE.pEOPLE ARE NOT RICH. EVERYONE NEEDS THEIR MONEY EVERY BIT. THANKS

• Tr
      15th of Oct, 2008

get these mutha f... off line rippin people off, i received it too.