Wu Credit AcceptanceWithdrew money without permission

What I would like to know is how a company can withdraw $310.45 from my bank account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?!! I've since filed a complaint with my bank and they credited us back the money, but how the heck can this outfit pull money without me okaying it? I DO NOT have a car loan or any other type of loan with them. If there is some other type of thing going on, I've received no notification of it, neither has my husband. We pay all our bills (okay, running late on a couple of things but when you get let go from your job with literally 2 hours notice because of budget cuts that's hard to plan for :) ...) and have not received ANYTHING from this outfit. We drive cars that are 10 years old, paid for in full, so it's not the "car loan" excuse. Very irritating, very maddening ...

Pj

Comments

• Je
      Feb 14, 2008

I agree total scam. I just had to deal with the same issue today!! And not to mention the tea, doesn't even work. I decided to keep the tea, and not worry about returning it for the $37.00 either, but then when i got this other charge from living lean, I was #$%^ off.

Feb 20, 2008
    Wu Yi Source - Wu - Yi Tea - Did not get order and extra charges
    Wu Yi Source
    Ontario
    Canada
    www.wu-yisource.com

This company WU-YI SOURCE SHOULD be closed. I am sure I am not the only one who is out over $100.00 from paying UPS to return their products. That by the way I did not as for. In fact I cancelled in the appropriate time, but still got charged. Some thing should be done to protect people from this kind of thing. I wish I knew how.

• De
      Mar 02, 2008

I WISH TO CANCEL MY ORDER, BUT HOW DO I DO THIS I HAVE BEEN TRING FOR A WHILE KNOW. DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO CANCEL THIS STUFF.

• Rs
      Mar 03, 2008

This is a total rip-off! After being charged $37 for the box of tea (which doesn't work!), they also made an unauthorized charge for living lean, and when you try to call the phone number given, nobody will pick up the phone! They're making it hard for anybody to cancel at all! And then they give you another website, [protected]@usa.com, and as soon as you open it, you're automatically given another order #!!! even if you didn't make one! BBB should stop this group from doing business!!

• Ir
      Mar 03, 2008

I was just wanting to cancell my order and i will pay for what i have recieved which it has already come out of my account i longer want any orders or any deductiond coming from my account. Nothing against the tea but at this time of trouble i can no longer afford it.

Irene DaMeris

• Pa
      Mar 03, 2008

They will also give your credit card # to another Co. they will charge you for a web sight that doesn't exist.. $19.00 a month.. SCam.

• Fa
      Mar 04, 2008

my too i had same problem whith this wuyi tea source california they took 2 times money from bank of amrica and citibank- event i return the pakage the y refuse to rembourse my money this real rip off.

• Em
      Mar 04, 2008

I agree with all above comments. Total Rip off. Hard to cancel.

• Ru
      Mar 04, 2008

I feel I have been ripped off also. I have tried cancelling this order, but still get charged. Phone number [protected] I only get recording to send e-mail to cancel. Phone number [protected] for Living Lean tells me that they cancelled this and gave me a confirmation code, but I don't feel comfortable about this. I am taking to my bank tomorrow and will probably cnacel my card to stop charges.

• Li
      Mar 04, 2008

I orderedm from this company and they sent my e-mail address and my credit card imformation to Living Lean I am in the process now of trying to get this cancelled. They have already charged a month @19.95 to my credit card.

• Sh
      Mar 06, 2008

These people are crooks and scam artists! after paying for the worthless, horrible tasting tea, I got the first ding for the $19.95 for something else(?) I didn't order and never even received!!
    after calling the [protected] # 3 times over the next week and NEVER getting a live person. I then reverted to contacting wu-yi since they at least answer the phone/e-mail. Since they were the ones who have out my credit card # to living lean without my permission, I asked them to take care of it and cancel BOTH "subscriptions" and get me a refund for the $19.95.

One month went by and there was ANOTHER charge for $19.95 from living lean. I finally got through to above number and (tried) to talk to a CSR whose accent was so thick I had to repeatedly ask her to repeat herself.

After threatining legal action she offered me a refund of $19.95. We will see if I get it. It is supposed to take 3-5 business days.
    Either way, I will be writing a detailed letter to Better Business Bureau on both of these loser company's who are obviously entertwined.

I have absolutley lost patience and have never been so scammed in my life! DO NOT ORDER FROM WU-YI!

• Gw
      Mar 08, 2008

Yu tea has been taking authorized money out of my account under false companies.

• Ba
      Mar 08, 2008

All of the above has happenned to me too. I innocently took up an offer for a trial on this product - realised I was going to be charged the $37.00 but no way did I ask for
    or want the Living Lean.

After many emails back and forth I was assured that the Living Lean subscription
    had been cancelled - I live in New Zealand so cannot ring the toll free number
    provided - but then the next week my card is charged for LIVIN LEAN too and I have
    not even received anything.

It is unbelievable that this can continue and people like this exist and do this to others.

THEY ARE ### excuse my English - and I hope they get nothing but bad KARMA
    but in the meantime anyway to shut them down is the avenue I will pursue.

It is disgusting - and I hope they read all these comments but of course they wont because they are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Em
      Mar 10, 2008

I was also taken. PLEASE, listen to us, do not trust this company. Everything BAD you hear about them is TRUE. They DO give you credit card # to other company. Spent 4 hours on phone and on-line canceling everything. Only hoping that they will not continue to charge my CC. Tell everyone you know not to order tea on-line. Someone is getting rich with this scam.

Mar 11, 2008

They are true to form, I usually try to read reviews before ordering a product, but I thought it's just tea, why not. What a big mistake. They are doing the same thing to me. Stay away from this company. Canceling the program doesn't stop them from charging your account a $19.95 fee monthly and they want even admit they are doing it.

• Ll
      Mar 11, 2008

I have been billed AUS$21.73 on my Visa Card today. This charge is by Living Lean/Las Vegas and is totally unauthorised by me.
    This is theft, plain and simple.

As I live in Sydney Australia the toll free option is not available to me, so I am reporting this scam to our Federal Police HQ, for further investigation.

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH WU YI TEA or LIVING LEAN.

Mar 12, 2008

OMG I checked my balance on line yesterday and found 3 overdraft fees of $39.00 each total $117.00. I called the bank and asked them to check as I was very careful not to go over my balance. They said there was a hold for $19.95 for living lean las vegas. I had no idea what this was about GUESS WHAT? Wi-YU you guessed it . These slime balls had charged me even after I had cancelled before the trial was over. I cancelled because after asking three different people what the exact f/u fee for the tea was and how often it was sent and getting three different answers I felt uncomfortable. I asked why can't I get a straight answer out of your company the cancelled me. They NEVER did answer that question.Beware these people.

• Lm
      Mar 14, 2008

I agree with everyone. Stay any from this company they give your credit card to Lean living and they charge you 19.95 a month to use their website. I had to get a my credit card company to call them with me to stop the charges. I have since had to cancel my credit card to stop them from trying to put through charges

• Li
      Mar 14, 2008

After 2 weeks of taking this tea twice @ day,my period did'nt
    happen that month....never saw any side effects disclaimer
    and I'm really pissed off that this happened to me.I was stupid to think a tea would help me lose weight and I'm really sick of these
    Scam Artist's taking advantage of me and others.Don't buy it
    folks,it's all Bull!

• Co
      Mar 15, 2008

I am also going through this with the same thing . I cancel my trail before time and they charge me for a month . Now I have been charge for some Living Lean who are they? There is no telling who will be billing me next. Don't try detel if you see the ad.

• Ju
      Mar 16, 2008

I ordered this tea and found it repulsive. I have tried repeatedly to call to return my unused portion of my order without being able to reach anyone or get any kind of response. If I don't receive a response in two days I am going to take legal action. J.Krywult

• Na
      Mar 17, 2008
    Wu Yi Tea Source - Did not get order and extra charges
    Wu Yi Tea Source
    www.wu-yisource.com

So apparently my account was canceled a month ago and I just received charges on my card from living lean which is an online subscription. I have never received anything from them. Apparently it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions that when you buy the tea, you are automatically enrolled in the subscription. When you cancel the tea, it doesn't automatically cancel the others. PATHETIC!!! Just stay away from this company!!

• Ni
      Mar 18, 2008

I ordered and tired to cancel... and they told me per agreement that I would be charged $19.95... no biggy...I called my bank today and canceled my debit card...plus I told them about my situation and the red flagged it... they won't be able to charge anything. Further more there was no "AGREEMENT" They are nothing but a bunch of SCAM artist... Shame on them... I hope everybody finds out about this and put them out of business...I did have a live chat with a guy by the name Rick...and I told him I was copying and sending this live chat to Attorney Generals Office...He quit talking after that...
    Good Luck to Everyone... i will never again order any "Free" Trial Anything!!!

• Me
      Mar 18, 2008
    WuYi Tea - Never received product!
    Wu-Yi

You don't even want to go there... I ordered the tea online, and never received the product. Then after 2 weeks of waiting they started charging me for the product. The first time I called [protected]) the women didn't speak english very well, and she told me that they already shipped the product and she couldn't give me the refund until I sent the product back. After another week of waiting I called back and spoke with a man, again didn't speak english, and all he did was repeated what I said word for word. I never got my refund, and never received any product, what a scam

• Mi
      Mar 19, 2008

Hello,

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience or confusion any of you may have experienced with ordering Wu-Yi tea. Please email us at [protected]@usa or call [protected] as we would like to assist you with any concerns you may have and make your Wu-Yi experience a pleasent one.

Sincerly,
    Mike Stef
    Wu-Yi Source

• Sh
      Mar 20, 2008
    Did not get order and extra charges
    Wu-Yi
    Los Vegas
    Nevada
    wuyitea.free-trialoffers.com

I want to quit because I am been billed on Feb 22 2008 and its March 20 2008 and I have not received any product. Beware all!

• Br
      Mar 24, 2008

Will not allow me to cancel my subscription. Beware all!

• Le
      Mar 24, 2008

I agree with everyone above. Same crap happened to me. I called and threaten to report them if I didn't have a refund sooner than later. I was given a confirmation number and the funds should be in my account in 4 to 5 days. We'll see. I will, however, go ahead and report them to the BBB and I am canceling my debit card to keep these idiots from charging me for some other crap I didn't order or agree with. Please stay away from this company.

Mar 24, 2008

Today went to their live line to cancel, refund, etc. and went round and round to 3 people. Grrrrr. Told them I was joining complaint bloggers, also reporting this rip off to news media, telling everyone at fit center to stay clear of these ppl, etc. They kept saying how I had to pay the $29.95 plus shipping to send it back, blah blah. After 30 min online arguing, Tyler says they removed it, canceled, will get email confirmation in 24 hrs...will see, eh? Now, must spend time checking credit card and such...what a hassle. The product does not work and they need to be REPORTED ASAP. How about beginning a petition, sending it to better business bureau? HOW MANY 1000S OF INNOCENT VICTIMS WILL BE HARMED IF WE DO NOT SPEAK UP NOW? They are MISLEADING. Their so called miracle tea is just black tea 1 can buy any place for $3!!!
    RIP OFF SCAM taking advantage of ppl desperate to lose weight.
    PLEASE WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THEM, KEEP COMPLAINTS POURNG IN. They need to be exposed, investigation asap!!!

Mar 24, 2008

I am the husband of Janice Hendrixson. I am an amputee Navy Viet Nam Vet that served this nation 14 yrs. I am very angry, do not appreciate being ripped off by this company of our very hard earned money. Soon as we received it, we knew we had been ripped off, was just plain black tea in a little box. No different from the other black tea bags we buy for $3 at any store. My wife could not get through calling..she was cut off each of a dozen times. I watched her spend 30 VERY VERY VERY frustating minutes on their live help line, have to chat with 3 different people (who knows? Same person, used different names?), argue, and I worried her blood sugar (diabetic) would rise, she was SO UPSET. I plan to tell my VA counselor about this, too! PLEASE SPREAD WORD NATIONWIDE about this rip off company, put them out of business pronto! PROTEST STRONGLY!

Mar 24, 2008

I am Rhonda, daughter to Janice. I came over for a visit. Mom so upset, began to read...OMG!!! She explained her ordeal today. This is SOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG & this company needs to be shut down.
    I am very angry my mom was put through all this. Her health not good and she is 63. Diabetics cannot be under stress or blood sugar rises fast, can be life threatening dangerous, can lead to hospital/coma. She was shaking all over, scared me. I also know this product did not work. In fact, she began to GAIN WEIGHT while she used the product, followed diet plan, & she exercises daily at a fit center. She got dizzy. headaches. Soon as she QUIT USING TEA, no headaches, lost 5 lbs. This product might be DANGEROUS for some people, needs reporting. Who do I contact? PLEASE RESPOND. Now I am upset too!!! WHO CAN HELP ALL COMPLAINERS here? TELL US...WE WILL DO IT.

Mar 24, 2008

I too got ripped off, did not know my friend, Janice had tried this bogus tea, ran into probs same as me until I dropped by today. found here very upset. Want to offer my bad experience story too. The tea made me feel sick at stomach. Still waiting for refund promised...40 days now.
    Seems like a lot of us getting victimized? I am major pissed off! Faye

Mar 24, 2008

I just saw the charge by living lean in my checking account. I googled it, since i had no idea who had charged me the money. All i know is that this is a total ripoff and it is just a shame to know how dishonest and ruthless so many people can be. I just hope that something is truly done about this. It is

• Er
      Mar 25, 2008

i am from malaysia and same thing happened to me too. what to do?

• Do
    Wuyisource - Did not get order and extra charges
    WU-YI SOURCE
    fulfillment center 11701 e 53rd ave denver co [protected]
    [protected]@usa.com

i have been sent more wu-yi source teabags & they have taken £29 from my account without my consent. i i would like to cancel this account forthwith,

• Ga
      Mar 25, 2008

his should be reported to rcmp fraud also the better busness

• Ga
      Mar 26, 2008

Hello I had same experience but found help!!!
    1. Go to original site http://www.wuyisource.com
    2.click on blue sign "chat with us" right hand of page(small)
    3. tell operator you want to cancel your contract with them, you have heard too much about this "scam"
    4.print out copy of your conversation with them
    keep two copies send one to your credit card to show you dont owe them any more and the credit card can then dispute your case with them and not charge your card any more
    5. call [protected] living lean(sep place) and cancel your membership with them too and ask to have email sent to you to confirm
    6.keep all records of both cancellations
    I did this and all I had to pay was 29.95 and I will keep tea I see noone ever gets returned $ anyway
    what a lesson, I told people on phone and computer this is allready being investigated by BBB so cancel now!! It hopefully worked! good luck everyone!

Mar 27, 2008

I, too, have been sent 2 huge boxes of Wu-Yi Tea without having made a further order.
    Mavis Griffiths, Wales, UK

• Pi
      Mar 27, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM. DONT SIGN UP. I TRIED TO CANCEL 100 TIMES. THEY NEVER RESPOND AND THEY KEEP BILLING ME FOR THERE CRAPY PRODUCT. THEY SELL YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND BILL YOU 20.00 A MONTH FORM NOTHING. THE TEA IS SIMPLY OOLONG TEA THAT YOU CAN BUY FOR 6.00 ANYWHERE. BEWARE.

• Di
      Mar 27, 2008

I should of known better!! They make it sound soooo easy to cancel thats @#$&**. I talked to someone who wouldnt even give me his name then hung up on me! It took me 2 hrs to get through to someone because 1st of all I never received my tea! So finaly I talked to someone on the live chat and I gave them my order # ..they had my name right and they told me it was shipped to Texas...I live in Mass! They charged my CC no problem though! Anyways DONT DO IT!!! Lets see if I even get my tea to return it for a refund now!