World Education Services / fraud/rip-off

United States Review updated:

This company does not help anyone. This company is just a "Middle Man" just to take advantage of immigrants and take their money. I requested to cancel my application and have them to send my transcript back to me, however they refused. Because they refused to send my transcripts back to me, I then requested for them to send at least a copy of the transcripts to the institution that I requested; they refused again. World Education Services are a Rip-off company who only wants money.

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2008

This company does not help anyone. This company is just a "Middle Man" just to take advantage of immigrants and take their money. I requested to cancel my application and have them to send my transcript back to me, however they refused. Because they refused to send my transcripts back to me, I then requested for them to send at least a copy of the transcripts to the institution that I requested; they refused again. After disputing with them I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor, she refused to connect me and continued to argue. After asking to speak with the supervisor repeatedly, she finally she connected me with an answer machine. World Education Services are a Rip-off company who only wants money.

• Ad
      30th of Jul, 2009

I agree. I had similar experience with WES. They take your money in advance and once they have the money they will not respond to your emails. There isn't a contact email for them other than a form that you can fill on their website. These guys are crooks. Do yourself a favor and get your evaluation done somewhere else.

24th of Nov, 2009

yes they are terrible. complain here:

i'm trying to get my money back right now. What a nightmare.

The NY Better Business Bureau has handled 129 complaints about WES in just 3 months, and for any business what makes it to the BBB is the tip of the iceburg.

If anyone else is having problems you might get a resolution by complaining to the Better Business Bureau who seem to have resolved some of the complaints:

- http://charityreports.bbb.org/public/complaint/complaint.aspx

(check out WES's BBB file here:
    http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/educational-consultants/world-education-services-inc-in-new-york-ny-9023/ )

also complain here to New York Attorney General Charities Division;

- http://www.charitiesnys.com/complaints_new.html

You can also post a review of them as a charity on the GuideStar database which is an important nonprofit reference, taken seriously by funders and nonprofit researchers:

- http://www2.guidestar.org/ReportNonProfit.aspx?ein=23-7396384&Mode=NonGx&lid=494030&dl=True

• Di
      20th of Feb, 2013

How do you cancel the application??? I was trying to do it online but no success finding a link

• Di
      20th of Feb, 2013

WES is horrible company, I tried to work with them for 7 months and I missed two semesters. Can anyone help me to cancel my application? Their website doesnt have the option to cancel or withdraw the application.

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2013

Awful and the worst agency I ever dealt with since I moved to the USA since 2000.Lot of hidden policies, horrible customer service the only clue they can help with is to hang up the phone also managers or supervisors careless about clients convenience or shows any serious actions to get things donefor ex:(since last week till now waiting for a manager her name is Rana to call me and till now heard nothing from her and every time trying to reach her they will give any lie in order not to talk to no manager or supervisor although this is a very important right for any customer), no recorded complains.I applied to evaluate my credentials from The University of Alexandria one of the oldest universities in the world on July 18, 2013 and I read their checklist with the required documents I sent all the required doc. 3 times and up till now they still claims the haven't receive my transcripts with the grades although I sent for them 2 times in sealed envelope from my school and asked them to provide them in person they refused as there is no walk ins also I asked them to send me a copy of the documents they had so I can figure out what's the problem so it could be solved they also refused . they are scam bags who like to take your money which BTW is one of the highest services cost and offer no clue, no service, no customer protection policies, no refund policies, slow processing although they claim on their website it only takes 7 business days to get the evaluation done, waste my valuable documents, which took long processing to issue from back home, with a very cold blood and irresponsible attitude and waste my time.
    I had been so stressed, being treated very unfair from this agency and I wish no one got trapped in the same situations please go get your evaluation somewhere else Globe is way better.