Woodforest National Bank / Company lies continually

United States Review updated:
woodforest bank
it has tanken over 22 days for them to send a replacement debit card. when I ordered it I was told 7 days then when I called to see why it was not here I was told 10 days. 10 days come and go and still no card I was told that they would send one express mail to the branch and be there the next business day and here it is 3 days later and still no card. Plus there are an increasing number of local business who are not taking their checks even one of the walmarts wont take their checks and the banks are in walmart

N  1st of Mar, 2009 by
Walmart does not own this bank. That bank is like McDonald's - a private vendor inside a public building. You shouldn't get angry because Walmart won't take their checks. You should also understand that it takes time to send things via mail these days and it can take up to 72 hours to "express mail" a debit card and that doesn't even include the financial hit that that bank took so you could get your debit card that fast.
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
I do agree that Woodforest Bank is a joke. I also had a bad experience with this so call bank. I had to stand in line for about 45 minutes to deposit money in my own account just to later find out that my deposit was posted to the wrong account. The management there is very unknowlegeable about customer service and banking procedures. The manager appear to think that everything was funny and tried to be humorous about the situation. I was outraged!!
D  14th of Sep, 2009 by
Is there really such a word as "tanken". Ive noticed that most of these complaints are from people who can't even spell or form a simple sentence. Nice.
N  25th of Jan, 2011 by

ok to the person above me, have u never made a spelling mistake while typing? I really don't think u should be commenting on spelling. You aren't perfect so sit down and shut up! I personally signed up with Woodforest last week and so far everything seems fine. Just waiting to get my debit cards in the mail. The lady did tell us that we would only be charged an annual fee for one card but we have been charged for both. No biggy because I need this account regardless. It would be way more expensive if it were a credit card!
A  31st of Jul, 2011 by
i have the same issue. also, they dont' take a financial hit. they don't express mail it for free, of course. the charge is 55 dollars. i think the american banking system right now is rather primitive. they don't have much options and sensitive mail like debit or credit cards should have tracking. it is pathetic.

here is the stupid kicker. they send out debit cards with pin numbers first class but they won't send it out express mail which even has better security or tracking even when you pay for it to a home residence. they only send it to the branch. what backward totally illogical idiocy. i swear, who makes these idiotic rules?

Woodforest National Bank Logo Woodforest National Bank