Windstream / stay away from them

United States Review updated:

Windstream promised broadband in our area three years ago before I decided to build here in rural Kentucky. They have not come one foot closer to me and refuse to deal with the issue. My wife is disabled and I have a heart condition and we depend on the internet. The dial up service is essentially worthless. I cannot even pull up a news story let alone any kind of internet research. The simple fact is that rural customers are treated like trash. Daily I see Winstream ads for $49 service for local, long distance and broadband. We are limited to having to have two lines (one for internet) at the cost of $100 a month. On a fixed income that is tough.

Ma

Comments

• Wi
      4th of Feb, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST so we can check the availability of Broadband service in your area. You may also email us at [protected]@windstream.com.
    Windstream Customer Support

• Su
      16th of Nov, 2010

This must be an every day occurrence with Windstream service. I have been trying to help a hearing impaired individual in Olive Hill KY since July 2010, and Windstream has the worst customer service that I've ever encountered. I even made a special trip to his home on November 8, 2010, in order to try to get him better internet service with Windstream, as it took 20 minutes to download a picture. He agreed to pay an additional $5.00/month to upgrade his service. Windstream representative informed me that his new service would be effective at 7:00 PM on November 8. To this date, with many phone calls and email messages, Windstream has not done anything about this gentleman's internet service, and he has had NO internet service since November 8. I spoke with an ombudisman on November 12, 2010, and he assured me that a technician would be arriving at this gentleman's residence on Saturday, November 13, 2010. I even had a neighbor watching for a Windstream truck. No Windstream technician showed up, not even a phone call from Windstream, yet this gentleman stayed home from 9-12:00 noon, awaiting their arrival. I'm assuming that Windstream has a monopoly of service in this area, but there is something that customers can do, I'm sure. Contacts need to be made to the FCC and the Attorney General's office in KY. I believe an advocacy group needs to be formed in order to get Windstream to quit taking advantage of customers and upgrade their lines, for better internet service. To this date, November 16, 2010, this gentleman has NO internet service, and NO assistance from Windstream. Nobody should have to endure this type of customer service, from anyone. Since he's hearing impaired and not computer literate, this has been the most frustrating situation that I've ever encountered. Hello "Hughes.net" as their service has to be better than Windstream.