Windstream / porting phone #

1 Boyertown, PA, United States Review updated:

For a whole month we have been trying to get Windstream to release our phone number to Comcast. It's always something stupid, some little thing doesn't match up. We've been on the phone numerous times and think everything is solved and tell Comcast to put the order in again and Windstream rejects it. We've gone so far as having Comcast at our house ready to hook it all up and it doesn't work because Windstream hasn't done what they said. I'd go with a new number but we've had the same number for 15 years and would like to keep it. It seems others in my area are having the same problem.

Comments

• Wi
      23rd of Feb, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com

• Im
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I am having the same problem with them trying to switch to Vonage. They say my address doesn't match what they have on file, however, I had a conference call with Vonage and Windstream Friday 2-26 and it has been rejected for the same thing again! I have been working on this for the past 3 weeks.

• Da
      10th of Jan, 2011

Yes..stay away from Windstream, their customer service and porting departments are seriously uneducated in their fields, that is why so many people has problems with this company
    I got 7 rejects and 2 months worth on time.
    It is sad a company can be like this and nobody accountable

8th of Feb, 2011

I had the same problem with Windstream. I am switching to ITP for VOIP service similar to switching to Vonage. Windstream has a lock on my county, so no one else can get ported. It's this attitude that is causing me to switch. Windstream is far too expensive. This is extremely frustrating since we've had this phone number for years.

• Rk
      18th of Oct, 2011

Windstream customer service, yeh right maybe customer interferance! No number porting for a month now! We've had conference calls, probably have over 12 hours time into this so far and my number is still being held hostage by them.
    Don't go near windstream/nuvox/fdn communications! I've filed a complaint with the fcc and two with the georia public service commission one urgent that still seems to be ignored by their management. I've called Clark Howard and I guess we'll be on the radio after a few more days. They keep saying wrong address, a typo, no customer password, incorrect name, information doesn't match, even after conference calls with both companies ending with winstream promising to port within "24-48 hours"
    I'll be spreading the word as much as I can.