Window World / installers treated like dirt!!!

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

First off let me explain to you the "Window World" pay scale. They want the subcontractor to remove and install a window for $25.00. Now in that $25.00 we have to pay for caulk and everything that might come into play during the installation. But the catch is we have to buy all the products from Window World. If you are caught buying and using any other products that is grounds for termination. Now also in that 25.00 we have to pay for fuel to get to these jobs that are sometimes 30 to 40 miles away, one way. Also we have to pay for liability insurance, workers comp, and vehicle insurance. Now if you have a helper that makes 10.00 to 12.00 add that in. Stay with me now. A job of 15 windows pays 375.00. If it takes 8 hours, usually longer because of salesman mismeasures and told to make them work, that's 96.00 for a helper, around 30.00 for fuel, and around 30.00 for materials ( caulk, trim, etc.). We are at $166.00.that leaves $209.00 for the installer and out of that we must pay for expenses including wear and tear on a vehicle and tools, insurances and any other thing that comes into play during the install. What I'm trying to say is that when I started with WW they promised me the world and great pay. Needless to say it didn't go that way. What they attract is bottom of the barrel, incompetent installers that rush to get the job done because they get paid on volume not quality. I can honestly say that all jobs that I did were done with care and treated like it was my house, which didn't pay off in the long run. You can not possibly do a quality job and make money with this company. I know that some of you are saying I am just a disgruntled employee looking to give WW a bad rap. You're right! I am just telling the gods honest truth. Now let me get into the windows itself, JUNK! I was actually embarrassed to install these windows. Poor quality control, non fitting screens that just fell out, and windows that were drafty and cold. More than half the time the windows were mismeasures and told to " make them work". This company preys on uneducated consumers and sweet talks their way through their sales pitch, which was the big joke for the salespeople. You can take my opinion and disregard it if you want but I am just telling you that they sell an inferior product and have people installing that have no business having a power tool in their hands. Do your homework and research products before you buy it. Lastly, type in Google search area " Window World complaints", and spend the next couple of days absorbing all of the negative reviews and poor installation complaints. Enjoy!

Ro

Comments

• Pe
      3rd of Sep, 2011

At the Window World in Pittsburgh, PA not only charges the contractors for the materials, they also charge the customer. In other words, they are getting paid twice for the material...from the customer and the contractors.

• Ri
      5th of Feb, 2012

As far as your complaint, Dont work for WW, find a contractor to pay you what your worth. As far as WW wanting you to use their products, do you blame them? For example, you buy Kmart brand caulk for .22 cents a tube that washes away in the first rain, WW is resposible. I know, Kmart doesnt make caulk, I think you get the point.

• Dr
      11th of Aug, 2012

Window world came by June 4th, 2012 and gave us a good price.perhaps we should Havel been suspicious. They promised our windows would be installed in four to six weeks. When August 1st came we called. They said "oh, your windows are here but we lost your phone number." we had given them both of our cell numbers and our home phone, so not true. They said the.y would come on Wednesday, called and canceled, okay Thursday, called and cancelled. Set an appointment for Saturday between 11-1. Showed up at 2:20, no phone call. Installed the windows, putting a piece of wood between the brick and window, no insulation, no caulk, did the entire thing from inside so no sealing from the outside. Put some cheap looking trim over the gaps and did a sloppy job of caulking. Spend some more money and hire someone reputable who does good w, ork!