WhyNotLeaseIt / tires leased

Killeen, TX, United States Review updated:

As I read these reviews I have to say-the same thing has happened to me. I was at sears in July 2018. I was told by rep I needed tires ASAP and he tells me about why not lease it. He explains that I pay on them biweekly and at the end their mine and I'm done. So sounds great. Well I'm paying and then I call to ask how much I owe cause I'm going to pay them off and the man explains I still owe 600$ but the total was only $717.91 (3months ago).I feel they purposely misinformed me to get my business and that this is a total scam. So it's no wonder sears filled bankruptcy and there are tons of complaints about why not lease it. You would think the company would get the hint that they are not handling this the right way when it comes to transparency and customer service. Wondering how many lawsuits they've been involved in over these same practices?

Je
Oct 21, 2018

Comments

• Km
      Oct 28, 2018

I don't think you were intentionally misinformed, more like you got an incompetent associate who doesn't understand the whynotleaseit program themselves. Personally I wouldn't immediately trust anyone who thought I want to work for Sears for minimum wage. I wouldn't exactly go to them for financial advice. I doubt there have been any lawsuits over this type of misunderstanding. As most of us know verbal agreements mean nothing when you have a written agreement. It would be a waste of time for any lawyer since he'd know there is no chance of winning. Only reason a lawyer would take this type of case is if the client was willing to pay lawyer fees upfront, but I don't think most clients would be willing to pay lawyer fees upfront considering in that case the lawyer would be required to let the client know this is going to be a very lengthy and expensive legal battle with little to no possibility of reward, and a very small reward at that.