White Pages / information removal

Tallahassee, FL, United States Review updated:

Whitepages.com has a link to remove listings from their website but it seems to be a SCAM.

I found someone on their website that is listed using my address and phone number. The person DOES NOT live at my address. I went to their "remove listing" link where they require you to copy an image for the listing to be removed. The letters and numbers are so blurry you can hardly see them and they are case sensitive. I tried to use this link and entered the images 15 different times. Each time I would get a message in red stating that the images and characters I typed don't match.--try again. I went to their sponsored site 411.com and tried to remove the listing there. After 10 attempts I got the same error message on that site.

This seems to be intentionally set up so you can't remove errors or remove your entire listing. Customer support is no help--they give you instructions for listing removal that don't even work! I don't know where they get their information from on people's names and addresses . This is an invasion of privacy because they are publishing information about people who did not give their permission--especially if it is wrong information.

White Pages should be reported to whatever federal agency handles privacy rights. I would encourage others to check out White Pages and all of their affiliates to see if they have done the same thing to you and report them. Shame on White Pages!

Comments

• Pu
      25th of Mar, 2012

Yes 100% true.White pages do not let remove MY personal information's.They redirect to phony links and nothing happens. Crucks.

• Fr
      12th of Jul, 2013

I have had essentially the same problem. They have published erroneous information about me and other family members, and I have not been able to get the erroneous entries deleted. They have confused me with my dad, using his first name with my middle initial, and claiming that he lives in my house, which he doesn't, and never did. They also claim that the person which is half my dad and half me was born in 1946!! No one in my family was born in 1946!! Where did they get that from? I just wish they would delete all the garbage and leave us alone. I tried to delete the erroneous entries myself, and they falsely claim that a person can delete them, but that is just not true. They can't be deleted.

• Li
      31st of Jan, 2014

Another problem with 411.com, whitepages.com and yellowpages.com is that you have to pay to get the information. If my number is listed, it should be available to ANYONE. If it is NOT a listed number, it should be available to NO ONE no matter how much they pay to one of these sites. It seems all number have been sold to PeopleSoft or some other company to rip off the public. I pay the phone company and businesses pay Yellowpages to put their numbers in the listings. No further money should be required to get valid information. What a ripoff! I actually paid one of these sites for a year of service. The next time I tried to get a number they had a DIFFERENT site doing the search and they claimed I was not a member. What is wrong with these sites? I've never seen in all my 67 years such lack of integrity by businesses.

24th of Oct, 2014

I attempted for 2 hours to remove my name, age, address, etc. once I discovered it on www.whitepages.com last night. They make you create an account with them to do this but the information is never removed. You just go in circles and get nowhere. whitepages.com, radaris.com, salesspider.com, etc. are making private information public and making Identity Theft easy. I am disgusted that the root of my problem is a posting made by another person using my name and address on FCC.com. The FCC refuses to remove my personal information as well.

• P
      17th of Nov, 2014

I agree with the above. AND they ask for additional information. So I submitted a formal demand for them to remove my info. I've noticed that the fake emloyment agencies that pretend to have quick gigs at the EDDs are mining our information -- but I believe White Pages gets lists from the Registrar of Voters. They have more information than my immediate adult relatives do!

• Je
      6th of Jun, 2016

To white pages: I went on the website for directions and the directions for 936 Grayson dr. Springfield, ma are wrong. I was so upset and I got lost. When it says turn right onto N PKWY. then turn right onto Grayson dr., a taxi driver told me you can't get there that way. You have to go down Boston Rd. etc. Please fix this error.

• Je
      18th of Jul, 2016

My records have gotten mixed up with those of at least 2 other people with my (relatively common) name. It says I have 26 arrests and citations! I've never been arrested & have gotten 2 tickets. When I tried to edit the information, I was told I couldn't, but I could have my listing removed IF I signed up for an account (ie gave them more information about me and verified my phone number, which they will then SELL). Even then, some of my info (former addresses, family members) is on the other people's accounts, so people could still think they were me. Ugh. Just terrible! This company has a LOT of similar complaints about them.

26th of Aug, 2017

Another BOGUS set of listings from Whitepages.com shows someone of similar name (almost the same) as my wife living at almost all the same places as my wife for the past 20 years, who supposedly now lives with my wife's parents and lived with us, but has like 4 aliases and lives in 2-3 other states currently. Also after checking her parents address it shows different information (a completely different random person living there) than if you select their address from the link in our information. (should be same info if WP data is legit.) 99% sure this is a WP scam to get you to pay for membership and background checks. Dishonest and borderline criminal company service to start with, .. not sure why I thought they would be ethical at all.

• Th
      18th of Jan, 2018

The scam is that I will have to BUY a premium membership in order to get the URL that has my private, otherwise unpublished, info on it, just so I can 'request' White Pages delete it! That amounts to holding MY private info hostage for ransom - even if it's only $1, and assuming they'd actually honor my request to delete my info. I want these creeps out of business!

• Fi
      15th of Apr, 2018

I looked myself up a couple of days ago, whitepages.com has me living at my current address and an old address from 6 years ago. They also have a former phone number of mine listed under my name and my Uncle's name at the same time a number I had YEARS ago when I lived in Utah. and they have my Uncle listed as if he lives in Oklahoma when he and I both live in two separate homes in the small town of Mesquite, NV where he has a three bedroom home and I have a beautiful 996 square ft condo I have lived in now for the last four years.

• Fi
      16th of Apr, 2018

My complaint is I never placed the old number on the whitepages that is showing as mine and supposedly is also my Uncle's number which is not the case. The old number of mine from St. George UT is: 435-688-2898 I left Utah behind me in 2008. Moved to Oklahoma for five years. and have moved twice since then. As I stated yesterday. I and my Uncle both Live in the Small town of Mesquite NV and have done so for the last four years. Our phone numbers which are completely separate and different have never been ONE number but two different numbers all together MY number has always been under my name and NO One else's. I now have a Voip number that is not listed with whitepages at all and it is a 480 number I have kept since living in AZ for one more year in 2013. My Uncle's phone line is a voip number and is under the state of NV and current time. Not Oklahoma or Utah in any way at all. We both Pay our bills separate from one another. My bills are in MY name only NOT that of my Uncle James.

• Ca
      3rd of Sep, 2018

I have the same problem. They have a "suppression request" website but it does not work. They require a membership (not one time, monthly fee till the end of the time) to do anything with my information they display. This is a website from hell. They need a class action lawsuit.

• De
      30th of Sep, 2018

My information is being displayed again without my consent. I've tried to deleted and their system doesn't allow me. This is a nightmare since I'm being harassed by private calls numbers and am receiving nasty letters in my mail.

• Gr
      10th of Nov, 2018

My husband passed away nearly 3 years ago and is listed at our same address as before but with a person half his age whom we have never heard of and my name is not listed. We also have received a little mail for that person (just ads). How can I remove the stranger from our listings?

• To
      27th of Feb, 2019

Requested on more than one occasion to OPT OUT of there reporting data base. Providing false information that falls under defamation of ones character plus providing data that does not comply with statue of limitation laws is a clear violation of an individuals privacy rights and said laws set forth.

• Hl
      19th of Mar, 2019

Just found out that they are listing someone else as having the phone number that the Mrs and I have had for nearly 40 years - and I can't find a way to call them to get it fixed. They want me to contact them online so they have my email address - like I need more spam! I'm wondering if they are in collusion with Identity Theft spammers - because the persons who supposedly owns my number seems to only exist in whitepages.com - my internet searches for the person in their 20's who supposed own's my number come up blank, not 1 social media account... Go figure.