Westwood College / terrible everything

Westwood College sounded great to me when I was 18 in high school. I signed up and started the August after I graduated High School. I was an excellent student, and several times received Executive Director's List.

I had to take a break in my studies at Westwood, and I wish I never would have went back. When I went back, I was asked to sign a paper that said I would not sue Westwood for the quality of education received. I do want to sue Westwood for something else.

I recently tried to apply to Ohio State University to further my education. What I found was Westwood is demanding 9, 037 to release my transcript, and because I can't find a job, my federal student loans are in default, and I can't get federal student aid.

Westwood promised to help me find a job, but all they do is send me links to jobs that I'm not qualified for! I wish I could give all the money back to federal aid so I could actually go back to school. My life is completely ruined, dreams killed because of my being young and taken advantage of by Westwood.

Je

Comments

• We
      13th of Apr, 2009

We recently came across your post and want to hear more about your experience. Please contact Westwood College’s Student Resolution Hotline at 888.331.3036 so we can begin to work through your specific concerns.

• Mr
      13th of Apr, 2009

$9, 037 for a transcript release? Those things usually cost like 10 bucks. Sounds like there may have been a mix with a tuition payment or something like that. Though if they've placed a hold on releasing your transcript I'm surprised the hold didn't prevent you from graduating. Call the number, sounds like they're willing to help.

13th of May, 2009

So...how'd it turn out?

• Sh
      5th of Dec, 2009

I want to sue them as well I resigned mid term and they charged me a whole year

• Dj
      23rd of Jun, 2013

I attended Westwood College from 2007 until recently, taking two breaks in enrollment due to surviving an attempted murder and the aftermath and emotional toll it took. When I first began the enrollment process in 2007, I was told that if I decided on-line schooling was not for me that I could transfer my credits to another school in my area since Westwood does not have any campuses near me. Westwood has shown some unbelievable audacity in their business practices. The last time I was called and persuaded to re-enroll, I was upset to find out that the Interior Design program I had been taking was being discontinued and that I would have to take a course overload in order to even come close to graduating. It proved to be too much, attempting to complete 18 credit hours shoved into a 9 week term while working full time (and some overtime) at about 55-60 hours per week. I had no option but to drop from the Interior Design program and call it a wash. I was still interested in obtaining my degree, however, so I asked my student advisor if there were any options that I could put my current credits toward that may at least help further my current career in property management. I have spent 5 years of my life on my education due to the interruption nearly losing my life caused, and still have nothing to show for it. I was contacted once again just three weeks ago by an assistant admissions director and asked if I would be interested in re-enrolling in a different program. Since I am looking to further my current career and brought that option up to my student advisor when I dropped from the ID program, I mentioned that I would be interested in the Bachelor of Sciences program for Business Administration majoring in Business Management. After completing my FAFSA and jumping through all the little hoops the assistant admissions director had me go through, I was then informed that Westwood would not take me back because I wasn't a good risk. When I asked to speak to the legal department I was hung up on. This place needs to be shut down.