Westgate Resorts / westgate resorts

United States Review updated:

Thank God!!! for the internet. My family and I was at Vegas this wk. I can’t believe that i got scammed by westgate salesguy. Unfortunately i’m still in that grace period of opting out on my contract. I want to know are they going to honor the cancellation? After we made the purchased, i had sleepless nights back at the hotel. I did know that you can still cancel the contract within the grace period, that was given to you by the state you are buying the property from, all states are different. I just got home from Vegas few days ago. I think my deal was the worst of all. I’ve almost cough up 33K then I told the salesguy the interest on that loan is too high. Guess what the salesguy do. He/she went up to the boss told the boss that i wouldn’t be paying that kind of interest. guess what the boss did, the boss took off 10k right there, so down to 23K, but the interest on that loan is still the same. I still took the deal at 23k.Then when I got back to the hotel I kept telling myself i could’ve bargain with them for less. I’ve been teaching my kids in life there is no such thing as a free lunch. Oh well, sometime adults might forget what they been preaching to their young ones. The offer was so enticing what the heck, 90mins tour turned into 4-5hrs. I don’t know if my story will help of you or not, but make sure you don’t make the mistake that i made. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed, it’s not a done deal yet if I could get out of this contract. please, forgive me if my grammar/spelling is out wrack. Oh, by the way reason we attended that tour is get back my deposit. To all of you out there remember THESE WORDS T*I*N*S*T*A*A*F*L(There is no such thing as a free lunch). I’ve learned my lesson. Thank you reading my blog.
Mi

Comments

Me
  30th of Jul, 2008
i read your email. and found that I feel the same way. I feel like my vacation was ruined and i was pressured into this timshare purchase. I feel like I didn't really know what I was getting to. Can you still cancel. How long do you have to cancel this contract. Do you know?
Da
  7th of Mar, 2009
Me and my husband were pressured into a timeshare purchase. We are going broke with this timeshare. Wish it were gone. Purchased in late October 2008. Tennessee
Ps
  18th of Sep, 2009
We just went through the same thing we just got back from Orlando. We did the whole 90 min tour bs that turned into 6 hour beleive it or not. We went in the off season and the parks only stayed open til 6pm. We got to WGL at 7am to take out tour and we didnt see a rep til 9am. The breakfast was horrible. They kept pressuring us to buy one and we kept telling them no even after 4 ppl came to talk to us. Well the 5th guy talked us into taking a vacation package with them and it would cost $795 didnt sound so bad...so we signed the contract and got it home and decided we didnt wanna do it bc we knew how it was gonna be...once we got down there we would be hounded into buying one and we didnt want it...we sent a certified letter today along with the membership thing they gave us saying cancel it...so i know how u feel just the sucky thing was our whole day was ruined bc of them the parks closed at 6pm we got there at 7am and didnt get to leave til 1pm. Oh and we got a free breakfast buffet in the Smokehouse Grill and we figured we would go and beleive it or not we was hounded again on trying to buy saying he was from corprate and the price we got was way to low and our agent shouldnt have even gave it to us for that price...ITS ALL A BUNCH OF BS!!! NEVER WILL I DO A TOUR AGAIN!!!

Westgate Resorts Logo Westgate Resorts