Western Union / online fraud by western union money transfer

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Recently i had transferred some money to my parents in India by Western Union Online Money Transfer on 6th of Dec. On 8th of Dec, I received one mail from Western Union saying that the money was picked up, though my parents never picked up the money.

I tried calling up the customer care but in vain as they had no idea of what is going on. They gave me an email id (uk.customer AT westernunion.co.uk) to which i mailed my complaint. But I have not received any response from them also till date.

I dont know how to get my money back.

All i can say is that dont trust the Western Union money transfer. Chances are your money will never reach the intended destination.

Va

Comments

Bh
  21st of Jul, 2008

Its really very bad to cheat by someone especially in case of money..but i hope you will find some ways to get your money back. thank god my brother is using remit2india online transfer to send money here, we are regularly getting transactions and quick delivery. he is also getting good exchange rates and we are much satisfied with it. I think you should also try remit2india after all its your hard earned money.

Good luck

Ap
  9th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The same thing just happened to me. I sent money via western union from florida to cairo egypt. They closed their doors and will not allow anyone to pick up their money - I tried to get a refund and they tell me that the money was picked up on the 3rd of June - They werent even open.. The intended receivers did not receive the money and I am lost for answers. I called hte fraud line - they told me that they will open an investigation and in 20 days I may or may not get my money back - but since the system says the money was picked up - they are saying I am a liar.