Western Union / banned

Apr 22, 2015
I was banned from Western Union and they never gave me any explanations why I was banned. I have been using their service for the last year and I monthly send money to the same person in Mexico which is my wife, and the same amount of money which is $800 U.S. a month. I don't know why Western Union is so paranoid, laundry drug cartels don't laundry $800 U.S dollars a month, that is ridiculous, that's how much they spend in one meal!!! So I have no idea what their problem is, does anybody know what actions can somebody take because of this situation? I will appreciate any help.

N  16th of Jun, 2008 by

Western Union - Making a Payment
Western Union

My mother attempted 5 times to make a payment to my mortgage company on my behalf through Western Union only to have it not go through. Now as a result, I may lose myhome since the payment was due on June 15th. I have called and emailed the office to try and speak with someone and have not been able to get through.
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by

Western Union - sending money

I was in Rite Aid 3/5/09 to send money via western union. The manager had never done this before and had no idea how to. I waited for awhile then told her I would go to Ingles and get this done. It took the girl about 2 minutes and my money was sent. Your managers and other employees need to be trained on how to us western union.
D  25th of Mar, 2009 by
Not everyone knows how to do everything, even managers. A lot of stores don't have WU anymore, and the training can be tricky to get. The fact that you posted to a complaint board when someone was actually honest with you about not knowing how to do something, rather than being rude to you...well...it shows me more about th fact that you appear to be an impatient, spoiled jerk with no understanding, rather than someone who has been hurt by a truly rude or unhelpful person. As you said, you got it sent someplace else...and yet you still feel the need to go after someone...grow up! I feel sorry for that poor manager that has to deal with a jerk like you!
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by

Western Union - Transfer of Winnings
Sally Anne
England, Norfolk
United Kingdom

I have been advised by John Caswell of Western Union they have US$950, 00 for me and want my data. I am not expecting any money.
N  2nd of Oct, 2009 by

N  28th of Jan, 2010 by

Western Union - Unauthorized mastercard
Western Union

I received a debit Mastercard from Western Union - which I did not authorized issued by Metabank.

How could they do this without getting my permission?
A  21st of Mar, 2010 by
I am too a victim of theft by Western Union, and I am calling them thieves because I really believe they stole my money, I sent money to my husband who is staying in England for business, when he went to pick up the money, he was told he had the wrong control number and he was sent home to bring a copy of my receipt by the time he went back with the receipt, the Western Union agent had paid out my money to someone else who had presented the same control number my husband had in the first place, this means the employee was involved in this fraud, because he got rid of my husband while he paid out the money to an impostor who is probably sharing the wealth with this W.U. agent. When I filed a complaint, W. U. told me that they had paid out the money properly that the person had all the correct information about me. That doesn't mean anything, someone there knows something and they are not talking, my husband went to the Metro Police and they are investigating but, W.U. is not doing anything, they stole $1, 300!!
N  12th of Jun, 2010 by

Western Union - reciever unable to claim the money
Phone: 808 7563822

i sent money thru western union and when the reciever went to claim the money, she was told that the money has already been claimed
N  15th of Sep, 2010 by

Western Union - not full service without communacate
western union
5123 elmhurst ave.
Phone: 757-701-5943

i tell you western union is not pay attentioon to service to costumer need more knowledge and with out consideration stilling money and point...
N  5th of Oct, 2010 by

Western Union - unknown picked

I have made the payment by western union to Nigeria on last thursday but it hold and un hold on friday night.
i didnt give any one the MTCN# but when i check the status on saturday the status is picked up
N  25th of Nov, 2010 by

Western Union - Poor Customer Service
Western Union

Customer service rep has an indian accent I couldn't understand what he's saying. So I asked him to repeat the numbers, then he was yelling at me with numbers. Western Union should not do any outsourcing to country like India.
N  2nd of Feb, 2011 by

Western Union - does not work properly
western union

we are requested to you that your service does not work properly
and ur service is too good but appointed are not good.
plz say them that why they are notorious western union service
A  17th of Jun, 2012 by
my brother sent me money from Germany via western union but can't claim money due to some identity verification ### .
N  19th of Jul, 2012 by

Western Union - i recieved a message

i recieved a message from western union that i won150000 us dollars and i want to give information about my self
Name:zain ul abidin
E mail :zainulabidin185@yahoo.com
A  15th of Jan, 2013 by
Dear Western Union,
The rules set in Aruba are extreme and unfriendly towards customers. It is ridiculous!!!
My sister (lives in Connecticut) has been transferring some cash to our mom for over at least 3 years and almost every month, (and pays an enorm amount for the transfer). Each time the clerks in CT will add my third name in the last name field together with my last name and when I go at the counter in Aruba, I am refused to get the funds, while the clerk can see by my valid id that it is me and only me. The waiting time to get to the counter for help in Aruba could take you over an hour. The mistake is that of the Western Union clerk on the other end. They should know better not to add a third name incorrectly in the system.
Every time my sis cleary informs them as to my first names and last name at several outlets in CT, but the same mistake is done over and over at everyone of them. When I ask the Aruba Team to give me a manager's name that I can contact and it is told that Puerto Rico is who set these rules for Aruba. To me it does not make a difference where the head office or country is. It is our money that keeps your business alive and therefore you need to go over your service, rules and guidelines and be more flexible in handling with customers and especially when one needs to be sent away each time after waiting so long to be helped!!!

The understanding is incredibly poor and communication to get to management is also very poor. But the costs for transfer is so much favorable to Western Union... I think if nothing is done with my complaint, I will have to start making more advertisement in the news papers regarding your services!!!
A  5th of Apr, 2013 by
This happened to me as well, On jan 07 2013, I sent money to my beloved father who is a senior citizen in Hyderabad India. On the very text day my father went to pick the money INR 20, 000/ it was said by the agent that someone already picked the amount. So I made several complaints in dubai. But it was no use.
N  16th of Nov, 2013 by
i been sending 2 time money for western they give me a security question for valid i.d if is man are not scammer they will not give the detail to receipt the money but they don't work i almost send 5, 400.00 $ total but they gone thats why i don't trust anymore to western they can't help people are having victim even they told them they have security question they don't work i have a lot of evidences hoping to have a justice because its to far the scammer he stay in british but hoping you didn't throw the copy for the receiver because you can trace the guy hu stole my money.
N  23rd of Jan, 2015 by
is it illegal for western union to ban people from sending money without cause and not providing a reason for there discussion to discriminate against them
N  16th of Mar, 2015 by
I do not know, but if west union can not be available, u can try money gram
N  21st of Mar, 2015 by

Western Union - Money not received
Saudi Arabia
Phone: 00966536933055

Hi i have sent some amt through western union bank branch ghirnatah 176 khaled bin alwaleed road khaled bin alwaleed road riyadh, central +966 - 011 - 4798319
On dated 11 / 11 2014 but still its not received by receiver, now bank not responding me.

Western Union Financial Services Logo Western Union Financial Services