Western Dental / fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:
Western Dental
Western Dental does not inform you about the need to join their dental plan until after you have been seen. The fees they charge are sometimes double what is a industry standard. If you pay the extra $99.00 you are then charged a responsible fee, if you chose not to you are held liable for the higher fees. Even with insurance, you still are held liable for the higher fees. Had I been told this, I would not of gone in to see them. I asked several times if I was covered by my insurance and was reassured each and every time that I had 100% coverage and not to worry. After the exam, I was then told I would only be covered for 100% of their fees if I purchased their additional insurance. I feel very ripped off and am interested in a class action suit against them.

N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am also thinking about suing western dental (for other reasons). Either way, I found out that we can also file complaints with the Dental Board of California. The number is 916-263-2300. I spoke with an operator, who will be sending me a complaint packet in the mail before the end of today. I hope this helps!

Western Dental Logo Western Dental