Werner Enterprises / Drivers Final Pay

Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

I was a loyal and dedicated Professional driver for Werner Enterprises for almost two years. I drove over 130, 00 miles my first year with the company and was even a company trainer. when I decided to leave the company I gave notice to my Fleet manager and fulfilled my obligation to the company. I even went out of my way to drop my company owned truck to their desired location. this put me out of my way and I had to provide my own way home from there. Now I find out that because I did this favor and dropped the truck off on April the second the "Company" will be deducting over $400 from my final paycheck to cover the entire month worth of Health and Vision care. this was not discussed with me and I only found this out because I went digging. The company already took a $500 bond to cover any damages and missing equipment (which there wasn't any) and will return that 90 days from now so this is just insult to injury. when I called to complain I was quoted Policies and Procedures (I don't care about Policies and Procedures) I only care about the $400 that was raped from my final check because I did the COMPANY a favor and delivered their final load and truck to their location of choice. I could have dropped the truck in a safe company drop yard and walked home (its that close) and then collected my entire paycheck and at that time notified them that I was ending employment but as a person of Integrity I did it the right way, and this is how I was re-payed. Note to future Drivers of Werner Enterprises: There is no Honor in this company, you are just a number and they will take every penny from you they can. If you quit... Do so as soon as possible and don't let them take what isn't theirs. Their Motto is We are Werner and We care Werner cares.. it's a bunch of BUNK!

Comments

• So
      5th of Apr, 2012

My contract stated that my $500 bond was to cover any damages... there was never a mention of deducting Half of a paycheck for future Health and Vision insurance.

• So
      5th of Apr, 2012

As for you Anti-SEO... Policies and Procedures are put in place for the Employees in that department to FOLLOW not QUOTE. they are guide lines that are to be followed to resolve issues and to prevent issues from occurring. Policies and Procedures are NOT to be used to hide behind to avoid fixing an issue that has come up. When a company and Individuals representing a company Hide behind their P&P's they are telling the individual with an issue "we will not be willing to help you with this" thus leaving us with no other option than public discourse. Therefore, when I state "I don't care about Policies and Procedures" I am simply stating "I have an issue that I need resolved and reading a bunch of lines from a book isn't going to resolve it." I appreciate you bringing this up and I would enjoy hearing your further opinions on this.

• L8
      5th of Apr, 2013

i never got back my bond and i drove for Werner a 1year and 6moths also they told me went they hire me that i was going to be paid .34 cents a mile and they just paid me .25cents and also they say that dedicated accounts suppose to get paid 38cents a mile nope they drop me to 22cents a miles and also they put a accident on my csa that not even suppose to be on my csa and went i quit and apply to another company they said that i was terminated because my license was suspended i don't know why this company is even allowed to still operating i just say is was the worst decision i ever made to go and work for them

14th of Nov, 2013

A former driver for Werner Enterprises has retained my law firm (Law Offices of James M. Sitkin) and the Oakland, CA law firm of Goldstein, Borgen, Dardarian & Ho to investigate whether Werner has paid drivers all lawful wages required by the California Labor Code. Our investigation is evaluating information about pay practices for work performed by Werner drivers in California during the last four years (whether the driver was a resident of California or not). As part of our investigation, we would like to talk with current and former Werner drivers about their work experiences at Werner in California. This is not an offer to represent you or other Werner drivers. However, our investigation of potential class action claims could benefit from any information Werner drivers may provide to us as part of this ongoing investigation. Please phone or email me if you would like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim Sitkin