Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / harassing calls!

Wells Fargo is my last choice for future mortgages. I currently have two mortgages with them, one is a rental property. I’ve had the rental loan for 7 years now. I’ve never had to pay a late fee. The tenants have until the 5th to pay, so I send out the payment to WF on the 8th. I have until the 15th according to the loan docs. Since last year they call my home at all hours, weekdays and weekends to harass me until they get the payment. They wake up my toddler and interrupt our family dinners. Whenever I talk to a rep, they are rude and condescending. I am outraged!

Comments

• Ab
      9th of Mar, 2009

I fully agree I also will NEVER do business with wells fargo again!

• Gl
      14th of Mar, 2009

yes i fully agree with you on this the bank says were not behind but yet the collections says we are and they are constantly calling us, the best suggestion i can tell you is not to even answer your phone and oh yea right after they call and you see their number they will go to 1800 number so becareful with that. I wish there was someway they can get in trouble for all this try talking to them about hardships and they dont even help you.

• Di
      11th of Jan, 2010

Yes I am having the same problem. They are harassing me with phone calls when I am not late until the 15th of the month. I have been paying them 1/2 my mortgage payments every two weeks when we get paid. This helps with our budget. I have all my receipts and have gone to the bank locations to get help communicating with the mortgage customer service. once we are done with the call everything sounds like it is a okay and they will be fixed. Oh no, next month comes around and it starts all over again. Wells Fargo is posting my payments incorrectly and I am receiving harassing phones stating I am behind and if I am planning on staying in the house. I am sick of them threatening me when I am not behind on my payments until the 15th of the month. This has got to stop.

• Gr
      12th of Feb, 2010

if they keep it up they can have the damn house. They have more to lose than I do !!!

12th of Mar, 2010

We are having the same problem. Our Mortgage was with Wachovia and got bought by Wells Fargo in October and this has been the WORST experience that we have ever had. We have never been late with a mortgage payment since we bought this house. We have until the 16th to pay the payment and depending on the way our bills fall we have to wait until the next pay period to pay it. The thing that has us mad is that we never were notified that our mortgage was switching to Wells Fargo we only recieved a statement in the mail. Two months later when one of the customer service reps called her comment to me was "we did not ask for you business", not to mention how rude she was from the very beginning. So I rudely explained to her that it was us that did not ask for their business. It clearly has on the the statement "pay this amount after the 16th" so if there is an issue with me paying my mortgage in between that time then maybe they shouldn't have a grace period. This morning they called AGAIN and I was told that the contract I signed with them states, So I had to explain to him that we never signed a contract with Wells Fargo only with Wachovia. So his statement to me was that we need to pay our mortgage on the 1st to stop recieving the phone calls. Who the hell are these people. Then he wanted to take the payment over the phone. Sorry I make my payments online and then I explained to him that I will wait for their phone calls every month b/c I will wait until the VERY LAST MINUTED to pay my mortgage payment.

• Te
      2nd of Apr, 2011

I have the same problem, my mortgage was with Wachovia, and when Wells Fargo took it over the nightmare began. They call not once, but 5 to 6 times a day and keep calling even after I've paid it! I have had the bank call on my behalf, and the bank manager got no where with them. Three times they have promised to send me a cease and desist letter, which has never arrived. my statement date is the 21st it says I have till usually the between the 4th or 7th of every month to make my payment. I pay at the bank in person, they have checked my records for the last 5 years and there has never been a late fee assessed so why the heck am I being hassled? when I ask they say your payment is due on the 21st and anything after that is late! I JUST WANT TO REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE... with a TWO BY FOUR! I pray they sell my mortgage quickly!

• Ki
      6th of May, 2011

A Grace period is a GRACE PERIOD...it means you have a time given to pay - it does not mean to contact and harass for payment. The only reason you are fdoing this now is because corporate said so... you've never done this before and Ive been with you for over 10 years. STOP HARASSING YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! 2 freaking days after. You are unbelievable.

• Do
      20th of Dec, 2011

My husband and I have been in our home for 3 and a half years. At first eveything was going great. We never had a problem with Wachovia, but as soon as Wells Fargo took over we have been miserable. The worst customer service and rude. We were late for the first time in November. We sent the payment along wth the late fee. December's payment has been made on time howeverer the phone calls and threatening letters won't stop coming in. And forget trying to refinance with them. They just don't want to help. We are currently paying 6.5%. Wells Fargo states they do not feel we are eligible for a refinance. Sounds to me like bulls*** to me.

• Pe
      17th of Jul, 2014

I have had my current loan with Wells Fargo for 4 years and for the 4 years every month i paid in advance and never had an issue. I changed because i lost my job to pay in the month it is due. I was never late over the grace period, never had a late charge. YET i receive 11 calls a day or more starting on the 2nd every month. I used to answer them and say the payment will be made by the 16th as always. The customer service people are down right NASTY. They even called my neighbors and asked them if i live in my home and what i drive. If i have problems. OMG really what right do they have. They told them they were trying to collect a debt from me and that they should tell me to pay my bills. OMG Lawsuit on the way because my neighbor got it on TAPE. Ever since that i don't take their phone calls and i pay my bill every month, they tired to get me for 3 late payments when the auto payment was already make on time. I refuse to pay late charges when they get the payment on time. I told them to take me to court and i will win and they will have to pay off my loan. They dropped it and took off the late charges. Listen They stink, i will never have them again i don't care what i have to do. Wells Fargo is the worst company around, their customer service stinks, their practices are shoddy and they should be ashamed of themselves.