Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / liars and cheats

United States Review updated:
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Help me, please!
Spring of 08, my daughter, son-in-law and 3 yr old granddaughter moved in with my wife and I due to him getting laid off from his job.
While he did odd jobs for cash and helped when he could while looking for a new job, it put my wife and I behind on our bills. Utilities went up, gas for vehicles used went up, groceries went up, etc., etc.
Contacted wells in nov to arrange payment options to get back on track. Didn't hear back from them until dec, when a lawyers office sent me a letter wanting me to let an appraiser into my home to appraise it's value for foreclosure sale. What?? I couldn't believe it!!
I called the lawyer office and they wouldn't talk to me without authorization from wells. I called wells and they told me to call the lawyer and ask for a "reinstatement amount".in the meantime, I gave them my information for a "loan modification" program. The lawyers office said I need to pay wells $2400 to get reinstated. I did.
I called wells again to verify they had recieved the $2400 and they had. The guy then tells me that my payments would be suspended until the loan modification cleared, and that I wouldn't have to make a payment until may (This was in jan). I still sent in payments.
In may, I authorized my bank to do electronic 'bill pay' to wells, 1/2 my monthly each two weeks. I recieved a letter from wells, my 'modification' letter, that said for me to pay $1900 in may, $972 a month for 6 months afterward! My monthly is only $554.
I called them back and told them I couldn't afford that, could they please put what was owed on the end of the loan and let me continue to make my $554 payments? They told me to resubmit another loan modification form, with all the same information as before, and they'd let me know in a couple of weeks. Didn't hear from them until july. Got a letter in the mail again from a lawyers office wanting me to let an appraisor in again. I called wells again. The lady told me to resubmit my hardship letter and all the other things again. Meanwhile, all the money i've sent in hasn't been applied to my loan, therefore, putting me further and further behind, and racking up more and more late charges and fees. Why won't they work with their customers? Wouldn't if cost them less to help them than to take their home and sell it in this market?
Please help if you know how I can get out of this mess!

N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
After submitting my original complaint, I contacted the ceo of wells fargo through their email address. I obtained this from www.wfhmcaught.blogspot.com.
They emailed me back with phone numbers to contact them at.
After talking to them, they understood my frustrations and assigned a manager to handle my case. They are currently working with me to rectify my situation. I'll post updates as they come available.
A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
Hey - You are not alone! WF has messed with me, too. I'll spare the details, but I'm up against them in court on Friday. They will NOT get my home! I found this number searching another website. A LOT of people have said that calling it works, you get a "smarter" WF employee who really works out the mods. It's called the "executive line" at 1-800-853-8516. Give it a shot! Do another post on here and let us know what happened! Also, you may want to check out that website at www.loansafe.org. Fantastic site... to vent or gather phone numbers or get advice! Best of luck against these idiots. Don't give up the fight!!!
N  16th of Nov, 2009 by
After calling, and calling, and calling the executive number, I got in touch with a higher up manager. She put a mod specialist on my casse and got all my issues fixed. I'm now at a lower interest rate and lower payment per month. I've set it up with my bank to do auto drafts so there will be record of each and every payment made to them from now on. I'm currently 2 months ahead on my payments and I inted to keep it that way. Due to the lowered interest rate, I doubt I'll be able to find another loan company to refinance with so I'm stuck with WF for now. As long as I can stay two months ahead, I don't see any reason for any more problems out of them.
I advise anyone with problems with WF to contact the executive numbers listed in the other emails. The lady I dealt with was fantastic and worked to get my problems resolved quickly.

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo