Wells Fargo Bank / atm processing dept.

NJ, United States Review updated:

I went to the ATM to deposit a personal check made payable to me. I also had a 2nd check from the same individual made payable to a travel agent. I inadvertently deposited the check made payable to the travel agent into the ATM. Immediately I entered the bank to notify them of my mistake. I was advised they could not remove the check from the ATM however, when the ATM Processing Department views the check and see that it does not bear my name, the check would be returned. Everything sounds reasonable to this point. Actually what transpired is ridiculous. Wells Fargo accepted the check and attempted to debit the funds from the other person's bank. Because the funds were not available, they then realized it should have been returned to me before they attempted to process it. The funds were debited and credited from my account and from the party who owns the check. I contacted Wells Fargo and was credited the $24 return check fee however the customer service representative told me in the future this could occur again as "They don't have time to check all the checks". I asked for a supervisor (Reuben Nuev) who was worst. When I told him this makes me uncomfortable & I will be looking for a different bank. He said, "I don't know what you expect to get from a different bank". Wrong answer. Unfortunately anyone can deposit a check & Wells Fargo will attempt to cash the check even if your name or account number is not on the check and the check was not signed.

Mu

Comments

• Pr
      7th of Nov, 2012

This was Monday went to bank deposited $40 in bank wells Fargo. I did took $20 owe my friend last night then in morning I went to atm checking need $20 out of cash my feeling so shocked wf took $20 makes me angry!!!