Wellness Watchers MD / My bank account charged $59.00

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

My bank account has been charged $59.00 and I have not done any business with this company that I know of.

Comments

• Ha
      9th of Jun, 2008

Same problem, charged my CC $59 on May 30, 2008, I've never heard of this company/service. Promptly called the CC and reported the issue...

• Am
      10th of Jun, 2008

I have been a victim also on 5th of June 2008. They also charged $59 on my CC. I have reported it to my CC company. They have issued me a new CC so that this company can not charge me again. My credit card company are also sending me an application form to furnish the details of that transaction. They have also promised me that they will investigate the same as soon as they receive the filled up application form. Although, they were not commiting anything whether I will get a refund or not.

• Bo
      12th of Jun, 2008

they charged my child support credit card for 59.00 i have never heard of this company before.i dont even know how they got my information. this is unfair that they are doing this an i just want my 59.00 back

• My
      16th of Jun, 2008

I was also charged 59.00 on my credit card.

18th of Jun, 2008

THE SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME, THEIR STAFF WORK FROM THERE HOMES THIS IS DEFINITELY A SCAM WE SHOULD WAGE ALL OUT WAR AGAINST THIS COMPANY.

• Ph
      25th of Jun, 2008

Same situation. I tried to put a stop to my account but they already took $59 out. Don't even know what the hell this company is all about. I'm gonna try to fill out a form for refund but seems like the hope is low.

• Ca
      9th of Jul, 2008

Today i check my account and 59.00 is missing form it for a wellness watchers, and I have never even herd of till today.

• Mr
      15th of Jul, 2008

I checked my account and $59.00 was withdraw from my account. This company is a scam. I called Wellness Watchers and told them about the withdraw account and the representative said to me that I click the button so that I can be a member with them. I nver heared of this company. I was dealing with QFL not Wellness Watchers. She also told me that they sent out 2 e-mails to me that I never recieve. What I did called the bank that I deal with and the customer representative told me she will handle this case and I will receive my money back. I will make sure this will not happen again.

22nd of Jul, 2008

WellnessWatchersMD is not a scam. We operate at 366 Nassau St. in Princeton NJ and have a prestigious MD, board certified in internal medicine, a bestselling health and wellness author and numerous other professionals on staff to help our members.

Members are enrolled in our service when they check a box on a retailer’s website stating that they would like to try it for free and that they understand that the card they used that day will be charged in 14 days if they do not cancel. We then call, email, and mail each member their welcome information. But we understand that in today's hectic world you might forget you checked the box, delete the voicemail, throw out the letter, and have the email go into your spam folder. Hundreds and hundreds of new people sign up for our service every single day. Most get the letter, the call and the email. But a very small number might miss all 3, so we offer refunds.

I am the customer service manager and I apologize if any representative told anyone that you could not have a refund. That is not our policy. If you know the date you called and who you spoke to, I will track down the call and discipline and train the representative in. All customers are sent refund forms. If they send those forms back within 30 days, they get the promised refund.

Our phone number and email is posted on our website. You can reach us between 9 am and 9 pm Monday through Friday at 1-800-591-6383. Our average hold time is less than 30 seconds. You can also email us 24 hours per day at support@wellnesswatchersmd.com.

I apologize on behalf of the company for the confusion that we clearly have caused some people. Hopefully this will help a few more get in touch with us so that we can help them with our valuable service.

Janine

• We
      30th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me. A charge (debit) of $59 was showing up on my account today - transaction date 7/29/08. I called my bank and they reversed it since it was in pending status. While I was on the phone, I googled 'wellnesswatchers' and found this complaint board and told the bank about it. They said to NOT to give them any account numbers if I called the company to unsubscribe. My bank told me that they got my banking info from an on-line purchase I made at Urban Nutrition on 7/15/08. Even though they say what they do is not illegal, it is evident that there is something WRONG with their process and they need to address it. I did not get any emails or phone calls from them either.

• Bi
      6th of Aug, 2008

I also got chaged 59. I called him back. He told me he is going to credit back to me.

• As
      10th of Aug, 2008

I was also charged 59.00 from this company, i have never heard of them. i don't know how they even got my card #. I called visa and talked to a woman who new what she was doing thankfully, she put a dispute on the charge (credited me back the 59.00) and the company must have proof of the purchase. she also looked at the history of my account and noticed 2 other internet transactions, and i had no idea what they were from one was from W.C Value for 1.95 and the other from erc gen???? for 71.39 she told me that they were most likely linked in some way. I did order stuff online, she said that these transactions will keep coming. I got a new card with a new card #. i still have to contact these other 2 company's and get a cancellation #??also no emails phone calls or letters, when you get a membership to something or buy something online you should always get a confirmation letter or e mail!!

• Al
      18th of Aug, 2008

Alright whatever person posted that stuff saying WellnesswatchersMD is not a scam is completely lying. I was charged that 59$ never even been to the site or accepted any membership offer by them. That phone number they left doesn't even work either I called it and it says the phone number is not available. Any help I can get to resolve this issue I want this stopped I see it isn't only me out there getting this problem so what can we do e-mail me if there is anything at thefunnybman@hotmail.com

• Ga
      19th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened here, only I was charged $1.00 first, then charged $59.00. Called wekkness and got a very unfriendly rep with an attitude! I have called our credit card co. to file a dispute and have
    also contacted the Mn. attry gen. to file a formal complaint. Everyone needs to follow through with these scam artists!

• Mi
      19th of Aug, 2008

I got my 59.00 back. I had definitive proof that I never subscribed to the company via another company that I ordered from. They (WWMD) nonetheless did not ask me to provide that information, and refunded my money within 3 days. I think they link up with a bunch of other companies and when you order from them WWMD has an incentive to be part of the transaction. I declined because I did not need the free shipping as the incentive--so I got my money back without incident

29th of Aug, 2008

They got me too! $59.00, I filled out the form and still no refund on my c.card. I called today to inquire and was told "the check is in the mail" they are having "technical issues" with their bank and can not refund me in the way they debited me. I have now called my c.card company and disputed the charge.

10th of Sep, 2008

I am being charged 29.90 for something I did not order from this web site or these people. I ordered a trial size diet pill, but I did not order the supportwellnesswatchersMD and I expect them to repay the payment they took from me. I do not appreciate being scamed. I want my money back. They will not answer the phone you are put on hold.

• Mi
      24th of Nov, 2008

They are a bunch of thieves, this is very decieving. You are not given the opportunity to say you accept and want to enroll in the service. They charge your card automatically after 14 days.

• Ke
      16th of Feb, 2009

When you purchase celebrity sexy teeth whitening and opt for the $50.00 rebate you are automatically enrolled in a membership for wellness watchers md. If you do not cancel this enrollment you will be billed $29.95 a month. I found a phone number for them. If you call this number they will cancel your membership and email you a refund form. The number is 800-591-6383. It takes several phone calls as they disconnect the call after you are on hold for 1 minute. Dont give up. KEEP CALLING, it will adventually go through. GOOD LUCK

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Hello, I am with WellnessWatchersMD. We would like to apologize for any problems that some of our customers have been experiencing. We have recently made improvements to our customer service system as well as our phone system. Please contact us via email at support@wellnesswatchersmd.com or by telephone at 1-800-591-6383 (this is a working number I assure you) and we will resolve your issue promptly. Thank you for your patience!