Weight Watchersweight watchers english toffee crunch ice cream bars

WW recently changed the quality of the English Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Bars. My husband and myself used to each eat one every night, and we loved them. They have decreased the amount of chocolate coating by half -- literally only dipping them maybe 2/3 of the way into chocolate, leaving bare ice cream on the bottom portion, and seemed to have decreased the thickness of this chocolate coating. AND there are fewer English Toffee crunchies, thereby ruining the perfect proportions they used to have! I will not buy these ice cream bars again!

De
Mar 11, 2016

Comments

• Da
      Mar 12, 2016

I have been buying these for awhile now, just goes to show that you had better look at the package to make sure you are getting what you think you are getting.
    They should have changed the packaging to bring attention to the change.

• Ki
      Apr 02, 2016

How could anyone NOT NOTICE? I can't tell you how disappointed I am that Weight Watchers made this change! I bought the new ice-cream bars thinking they made a mistake with the picture on the package. OMG, they're horrible! I've been eating these ice cream bars for a couple of years now, having one every night. What was great about them is that the chocolate coating hid the flavor of the sugar free ice cream. This ice cream was always the first to sellout in my grocery store. I would be so disappointed when they weren't there. I felt like I was playing a game with the other shoppers as to who could get them first, seriously! Now, the new ones are always there. I hope Weight Watchers will start listening to their customers because you went too far on this one for the sake of cutting costs. It's a slap in the face and I think you'll pay the price. This is one horrendous mistake. I certainly won't buy them anymore!

• Mi
      Apr 06, 2016
    Best Best Advice

I could not agree more. Those commenting are right on point. I am extremely disappointed and will not buy them again. Wouldn't be surprised if Oprah had something to do with this!! Great ice cream treat perfectly ruined!!

• Lb
      Apr 07, 2016

I so agree with everyone else. I loved the old bars, the new ones are horrible. Hey, I guess they work with losing weight! Since the old bars had 100 calories, I won't be eating the new ones, thus saving 100 calories. Less chocolate coating and less toffee crunchies, makes the bar "eh". I'd rather have the old bars at 100 calories than the new ones at 70 calories. 30 calories are not enough of an incentive to me. Well, there's always Skinny Cow products, even if a few more calories.

• Dj
      Apr 09, 2016

There are many of us disappointed and no longer purchasing these new Toffee Crunch bars. Hope WW is listening and watching the sales trend downward. Loved the original version and will have to try something else. Any recommendations?

• Ly
      Apr 13, 2016

The WORST product change ever. These new Toffee Crunch bars are terrible.
    I guess it saves Oprah money. These are tasteless, cheap substitutes for the excellent originals. Buy no more.

• Jj
      Apr 22, 2016

The NEW English Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Bars are a total disappointment. The quality of ice cream has decreased along with the outside chocolate coating. Did you test market the NEW bar or just make a decision to economize? The difference of 30 calories is insignificant when a product is enjoyed. Let us regulate the input if calories are a factor. But not to worry, you made the decision and so have we. These bars were great as originally produced but no longer.

• Li
      Apr 26, 2016

Hate the new English toffee ice cream bars! Agree with everyone else...the chocolate (what little there is of it! ) is real thin, hardly any toffee chips and the half ice cream is tasteless! Used to have one, maybe two, every night . Won't be buying the sad excuse for a toffee bar you're peddling now!!!

• Ke
      May 10, 2016

My husband and I would go to our local grocery store just because we ran out of ourToffee Crunch Bar sat home - the ORIGINAL Toffee bars. They were awesome. The flavor was perfect and for 100 calories it was well worth the extra money that they cost. The new design with the change in ice cream flavor and skimpy coating is by far inferior to the original. When our local HEB was out for several weeks while Weight Watchers made the change-over the manager said that many, many customers were asking for them. Well, don't worry, I'm sure the raspberry and the NEW 2/3's coated inferior Toffee Crucnh ice cream will sit there and NOT sell. It is flavorless when compared to the original. Weight Watchers won't be getting any more business from this family.

• Ho
      May 23, 2016

Agree with all the comments about the major reduction in quality. At first we thought it was a production error.
    We try to give WW a little benefit of the doubt, at first, that the change had something to do with revamped point system.
    Now, it is just a corporate decision to cut cost and boost profit. As customers, we have to vote with our feet, and not buy the now inferior product

• Mj
      Jun 27, 2016

Well, I don't know if Weight Watchers actually looks at this stuff, but if they do, we have to agree with all the comments above. We weren't aware of the change until we opened the bars and saw the new look. Where's the slightly thicker crunchier coating? Why stop 2/3 of the way down? Where is the crunch at all? We're with the folks who say they probably won't buy these again. We can only hope they haven't ruined the raspberry ones in the same way too. It's gotta be a bottom-line change from their R and D geniuses. Give 'em less - charge the same price. Hate to have to look for another brand but at least we'll start with something fresh rather than being disappointed by the memory of something better.

• Si
      Jul 03, 2016

Why?? Not only are they not as good, but they also look ridiculous. Should we form a group and take up donations for the chocolate crunch. It looks as though you have a shortage on chocolate. Why did you fix something that wasn't broken??? The original pops were soooo great - now they're nothing. This change is pretty upsetting for someone who loved these pops - and I and many others did!!! Usually companies strive to make something better not worse - this was a poor idea. I hope there's a possibility that you will go back to the original. It's healthy to admit being wrong and to correct it - give it a shot!!

Jul 21, 2016

After reading all these, I feel vindicated. I just sent an email to Weight Watchers complaining about the new English Toffee Crunch. I'm glad to hear it isn't just me. The old bars were so exceptional, my husband and I would say "Boy, are these good" almost every time we had one, which was frequent. I wonder why the change? Cost? Research? Can't imagine anyone would prefer the new ice cream versus the old. I hope all these comments have an affect.

• Al
      Jul 26, 2016

The toffee bars were one of my favorite dessert products . . . they were perfect in every way. Now they're disappointing. I actually threw out most of the contents of the box because the skimpy chocolate coating just broke my heart. What were they thinking when they made the change? That we'd like an inferior product better? Sob!

Aug 04, 2016

I agree! what happened to the rest of the chocolate on the toffee bars, raspberry bars and probably others i don't usually buy. Unless you appease your customers who crave that last bite with chocolate, i am on a quest for a new low calorie bar.
    They were my favorite dessert for many years!

• Mo
      Jan 31, 2017

I hadn't bought these in quite a while even though I think they're delicious. But I splurged when they were BOGO free. I was surprised when I ate the first one since I didn't remember there being so little chocolate and thought it had covered all the ice cream. I figured it was a dud that wasn't dipped properly. Nope!! What a disappointment! I won't be buying these again especially since it looks like this change took place almost a year ago and they haven't listened to anyone. BOOOOO!