Washington Mutual / Harassing phone calls

1 TX, United States Review updated:

They start calling at 8am and follow two more times- Mon- Sun- Very harassing and cannot understand English nor speak it- they are helpless when it comes to answering questions- I wish I had read about this company before ever getting a credit card from them- no other creditor is this difficult

Ke

Comments

• Un
      4th of Oct, 2008

i cant even write the damage they did to me lies mistreatment giving them all my blood money. disrespect they destroyed my credit and racked up false charges late fees totally wrongful they do not care they intentionally give u the wrong imfo and destroy u. no one will contact u or rectafy any of the damage. Im telling u because of them i cant sleep at night and its the situation is distroying my kids. never believe anything they say ever.

• Da
      2nd of Dec, 2008

They (Washington Mutual) have been harassing my wife and I via phone calls for months now. They call daily, asking us to make a payment over the phone, and they began doing this even before we were late on a payment. I have kept a call log on them since October 30th, 2008, and in that time, they have called our house more than 70 times. One day, a Sunday, they called our house 7 times in one day. I have told them verbally several times to stop calling, that I would not make a payment over the phone. I have alse sent them a Federal Trade Commission letter telling them the same thing, but they are still calling. Evidently, Washington Mutual feels that they are above obeying the law when it comes to harassing phone calls.

• Ta
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Maybe you should try paying your credit card on time, that would stop the calls altogether. Just a thought!!! hahahaah

• Se
      8th of Sep, 2009

Ignore the last comment. She obviously cant read (as you stated you were not late), and thinks this is myspace.

You are correct. They did all this to me. They call them a courtesy call to remind you to make a payment. This starts the day after your due date (note its not late for an additional 10 days). I too have a log of 7 calls on a Sunday, the first one at 8:30PM, the last one at 8:30 PM. This is the legally allowed period I believe, but they push it right to where the phone is ringing at the last minute. I have told them to stop. They dont. This is a mortgage, so I just cant pick up and move to another Mortgage company. I'll start my legal action and let you know how it goes.