Walt Disney WorldThey do not care

1 Review updated:

My family has been going to Disney World almost since it opened. Up until now, the trips have been magical and delightful. Key words are UP UNITL NOW.

On a recent visit with my two grandchildren we were given incorrect information when we purchased our tickets and what happened in the park to my grandchildren 2 and 7 years old is inexcusable.

We had purchased our tickets prior to going to the park. We purchased one day tickets for Florida residents. At the ticket gate we were talked into buying the "3 day Florida pass" tickets by the agent. I told the agent that I could not come back and he told me that my daughter could use my ticket to take my grandchildren on the other two days. I have now found out that that was an out right lie. Disney ticketers know full well that each ticket is person specific!

That day at the park I purchased food and drinks for my grandchildren. The food court did not have a table for us so we sat curbside. I sat my little granddaughter and grandson down and made a spot for them to enjoy their food. A Disney employee who was a sweeper came by and knocked the children's food over, didn't apologize for it, and swept the parts that flew into the street away! My grandchildren cried and I was speechless! I picked them up quickly and distracted them by going and purchasing them ice cream. I didn't want them to NOT have a good Disney experience!

Coming home I thought I would file a complaint. I have emailed complaints to Disney without any response! I have called the main Disney line 407-2222 to complain but Disney has no "complaint telephone number"?

What? A kid friendly family vacation place has NO COMPLAINT NUMBER? I couldn't believe this. I have never had the need to complain before, but who would have thought that they don't have any number to handle things like this? And who would have guessed that they'd ignore legitimate email complaints?

I have called every number Disney has listed. The only thing they are good for is to sell, sell, sell. They could care less what a GUEST thinks or if a guest has had any issues!

It is sad to say, but my family is now done with Disney! A lesson learned!

There are plenty of other alternatives to a Disney vacation and we will now advise anyone who visits us to not go to Disney. A very, very sad day.

Please don't write about your "good" experiences. We too had years of great experiences, this one bad one was one too many! My grandchildren did not deserve to be treated like this they are good kids.

Comments

• Lg
      Sep 27, 2008

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but you shouldn't let a couple of mix-ups ruin your love for Disney! Besides, since you've been going to Disney World almost since it opened, you should have known that tickets are not transferrable. They have been using the same technology for tickets for many years now.

• Ca
      Mar 19, 2017

@L G I guess we all want things to be as they were when we were young. Disney has lost its magic after the last Disneys were in control. Disney meant Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc. Now their little town is gone from wdw. Replaced by generic rides of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Those are not Disney. They are commercial projects. And all wdw wants are ticket sales. They do not care if you can enjoy your time there. I used to go for 5 days knowing some days would be crowded. Now all days are a mob. And the speed pass has completely ruined the experience. Instead of a stroll thru Disney, you must be glued to your phone and travel thru the parks as thought you are trying to catch a plane at lax. I am very saddened that Disney has ruined American culture. And now they want our children to learn about homosexuality. Really? REmove Mickey and Minney, and put gay behavior in? They really do not care

• Ra
      Sep 27, 2008
    Best Best Advice

I am currently experiencing the same exact things with their email address. I have now emailed them 6 times in hopes of a response to my complaint and all I ever get back is some generic email that says "A Disney representative will be contactin gme in the near future to discuss my complaint." What a bunch of crap! I am so ticked off at Disney I feel like canceling my Honeymoon there!

• Me
      Sep 28, 2008

I went to D.W. today with my family, my husband and our 4 kids. It had to be the worst experience ever. First off we live in Fl. We were suppose to get the Fl resident discount. WRONG never recieved that because all the lady did was push buying the 3 day pass. Then after that we found out they were closing @ 7 pm for their special event. The not so scary holloween party. Did you know that after spending $300 plus for the day if we wanted to stay we had to spen another 300 just for the party. WE had no fireworks, no night parade. We got screwed royaly. On top of that the people that worked there are so freaken rude. My daughter had a blister on her foot and we were waiting in line to see Buzz light year, of course my daughter took her shoes off (they were slip on sandels) while we waited, the lady yelled at me and ordered my 4 year old daughter to put her shoes on. half the rides were closed and so were the food courts that were half way decent. Needless to say today was our last visit to Disney World.

• Er
      Oct 15, 2008

Well, this is specifically to the complaint above me-
    You have loads of access to park info before and during your trip- especially utilizing the internet before you get to the 1 park for any hard ticket events and park times.
    There is a parade for MNSSHP- 2 of them, in fact, as well as the biggest nighttime fireworks display- where at the end the whole perimeter of the park is lit up- so it's alot like daytime for a few seconds.
    On the shoe thing- it's a health code violation in the state of FL to walk in any public establishment without shoes- for health of others and the saftey of your child. You don't know how many times I've seen sharp objects on the ground from trading pins to shards that get dropped during the day that aren't easily sweeped. Not to mention how much vomit and feces are carried by guests shoes either by tracking it without realizing they walked through it or a quick clean before the park is closed. Best to leave the shoes on- especially since that's one of the top things they tell the cast in training to tell the people- leave shoes on.
    Of course the lady handling the tickets wanted you to purchase the 3 day- knowing that the Magic Kingdom would close early for the party plus you pay LESS then paying for each day individually. You also coulda missed the MNSSHP to go to another park for the night and returned to Magic Kingdom another night on your pass to see the Wishes and Spectro Magic- that woulda been a money saver there- and the rides would most likely be back up the next day anyway.
    A little homework goes a long way to a magical day.

• La
      Dec 28, 2008

I can't imagine how many of these complaints would be irradiated if the chronic complainer did 5 minutes of homework. This earns a 5 on the Chronic Complainer scale.

• Im
      Mar 03, 2009

To LARRYOF ARABIA: What makes you so sure these people are chronic complainers??? That was not nice. This site is here for a reason..The reason is to do just what these people are doing...You may not like it, but try to put yourself in their shoes...ONE complaint DOES NOT make someone a CHRONIC complainer dear sir...

Mar 12, 2009

Why didn't you complain immediatly upon the sweeper knocking over your kids' food? That would have been the obvious thing? Now you won't know his name and nothing will be done about it. That would have justified an immediate complaint, kids or no kids, and I would have made them replace that food and comp my room for that. I am not a fan of children but that was an outright cruel act to do to anyone be it an accident or on purpose. Disney employees know that one complaint on them and they don't stand a chance! They're gone!

Mar 28, 2009

Complain here.
    jay.[protected]@disney.com

Jay Rasulo runs the theme parks for them.

Mar 28, 2009

By the way "not a fan of children", what does that mean?

I'm not a fan of the 18 to 35 demographic? The way their always atrracting advertisers and such.

We all start out that way douche.

• Ac
      May 06, 2009

As a yearly visitor to WDW parks and resorts, I am mortified to hear about what happened to your grandchildren's food.

I need to commend you on your reaction and your immediate distraction of your grandchildren. I have seen many a parent fly off the handle while their already upset children watch and listen.

That being said, I hope you will reconsider telling everyone not to visit there and never going again yourself. Don't let ONE person's rude and unacceptable behavior ruin everything you know Disney can be, not only for you but for the others you plan to advise not to visit.

I found the following on e-How, I hope it helps:
    Contact the responsible Disney World department directly and get the first and last name of the manager, as well as their phone number and, if available, email address. Contact them directly. Meanwhile, write an official letter of complaint and mail it to: Walt Disney World Guest Communications, P.O. Box 10040, Lake Buena Vista, FL [protected].

• Ac
      May 06, 2009

If the three day passes were for Florida residents only and the daughter was from out of state, she would not be able to use the tickets. They check ID with any tickets purchased at a residential discount.

• K8
      May 24, 2009

I sadly enough just experienced a less-than-magical week at Disney. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort this time. I am a travel agent and a Disney Specialist and have had many positive prior experiences with Disney World. With each visit over the years we have slowly watched service degrade to a pitiful level. My family and I have vowed to never return again. The cast members have gotten down right rude, housekeeping very poor and as long as everyone continues to fork over the cash...Disney just smiles, ignores the problem and wishes you a "Magical" day. We came across several other unhappy Disney guests who have shared the same experience over the past few years. I can think of much better places to spend our family vacation while spending the same if not less for an all-inclusive deal (unheard of at Disney...they nickel and dime you continually). If they could charge for the air you breathe...they would!! good bye Disney!

• Rh
      May 27, 2009

My family and I just got back from Disney this past Friday and it will be our last. We also are sick of the hyperbucks generated for mega mega marketing techniques. We will be spending our vacation dollars in a better location with nicer people and better establishments. The Photopass is a great invention until you get home and realize the cd is $140 or $15 per picture to download. That is simply outrageous. Changing the kids meals to only include ages 3 - 9 was it for us. Give me a break, most 10 year olds can not eat an adult meal. We are done with Disney World for good. Love the movies, skip the parks! ...OH, and I am a super planner and had everything worked out but this still will be out last visit.

Jun 25, 2009

With Disney, the key to getting your complaints taken care of is making them in person while you are still there. Once you have left Disney World, any chance you had of having your problem(s) resolved is gone. If something bad happens, you go to any Guest Relations or Hotel Concierge and explain the problem. They will usually fix the problem or come up with a way to make up for it. If you go through your whole vacation without complaint and then send a nasty e-mail to try to get your money back after you've left the property, then they will just assume you are a chronic complainer looking for a free ride.

Another problem is the economy. Even Disney World is understaffed and the employees have to work hard for minimum wage. Everyone assumes that because Disney advertises itself as a magical place that everything will indeed be perfect and magical. No. Disney is still part of the real world and bad things can and do happen there, too. If it's such a big deal, get it taken care of at the time. If you would have gone to City Hall on Main Street USA and complained as soon as the sweeper knocked the food over, I'm sure you would have gotten free food for everybody (you can also go here to get your tickets changed if what you got wasn't what you expected). If not, then just relax and forget about it and try to have a good time the rest of the time. But don't expect to go home and complain and get your entire vacation refunded over spilled food or a rude employee. And don't dismiss Disney and tell everyone not to go just because they didn't kiss your butt after you got home.

• Ol
      Jun 25, 2018

@Sarah Hmmm...not sure what planet your living on, but in this one, sharing experiences & venting is still allowed & on this site encouraged

• Mi
      Jul 23, 2009

Disney does not care about addressing guest's complaints. That is why it is nearly impossible to find a mailing or email address or phone number to address complaints. We tried to address our concerns with a "guest services" representative and then a manager. The nineteen year old "supervisor" was not help and complaint information on the Disney website is nonexistent. Disney is not about Magic, it is all about greed.

• Ri
      Jul 23, 2009

I am so frustrated and disgusted with the trip we were planning to make in the end of Sept. during the dining promotion. I am thinking I should stand up for what is not right and cancel our week long trip on many principals. (We too have gone to Disney for many years and this experience so far in planning has turned us off). We planned on going every two years and did so in 05 and 07 and then were to go here in 09. First the free dining offer changed I guess last year to no longer include appetizers AND the tips. That is a BIG change to just do away with those like that. It makes it not such a great of a deal to go in the intense heat during school time to take advantage of the offer. Also, we called on the exact first day we could start making our dining reservations within an hour of opening and could NOT get the places we want. That is ridiculous. We are trying to make our trip "magic your way" and it is nothing but. Then today we are "lucky" enought to receive and e-mail saying we will be given an upgrade for FREE for our upcoming trip to either Sarasota Springs or Old Key West. The e-mail went out at 10:00 am this morning and by the time I checked the e-mail and looked into the properties, I called 3 hours later and BOTH places were completely out of rooms for that promotion. I said then to the rep I hope they send out an e-mail to everyone saying...sorry too late all rooms are booked so don't waste anytime looking into it further. After that (and a rude and careless attitude rep), I will almost certainly cancel, but still want to send my complaints for what they are worth. I will give the guest relations e-mail and PO Box a try, if for no other reason than to say I voiced my complaint for what it's worth...nothing.

• Ke
      Jul 30, 2009

HELP! Who do I contact about a very bad experience that ended in my sons 6 stiches in his head? I have had no luck with the main line even after explaining about my sons injury. He was playing nicely at the "honey i shrunk" play area. He came out of a tunnel where the tunnel meets the stairs coming down... (huge design flaw) when a grown man trampled him unkowingly because of the way its set up and knocked him into one of the rocks. Let me tell you head wounds bleed alot!! The whole experience got worse from the injury onward. Disney handled it very poorly with little to no help. The end result was 6 stiches above his eye and NOTHING from Disney. Not that getting something for free would have made it all better but maybe showing a little kid some special treatment for his trauma would have been a nice gesture. Who do I talk to ? I also have $700 in charges from the quick care they sent us to. Thats right the MGM has no medical facility to handle this type of thing and not one EMT or trained professional even showed up while we were on Disney property. Email me directly if you have some info in who I need to talk to. [protected]@hotmail.com

• Wa
      Sep 10, 2009

Here is the first and second letter to WDW
    Guest Communications
    Executive Offices
    P.O. Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, Fl. 32830

Dear Guest Communications,

My family and I stayed at All Star Sports from August seventeenth through the twenty third, celebrating my birthday. When I initially made the reservations the reservationist went through my party and the type of room three times. They repeated, “You Wayne, Your Wife Darci and Your Daughter Asia. Two adults and one child. Preferred Room checking in the seventeenth and departing the twenty third”. Upon getting my confirmation in the mail I noticed my daughter was not on the reservation and neither was the preferred room . Immediately I called reservations and was told I didn’t book her or the preferred room. After telling the reservationist repeatedly, “My family and I have been Passholders for 5 years and have never left my now 9 year old daughter at home. Why would I now”? “We have stayed on WDW property exclusively for the past three years, many times, look at our old reservations”. “I had a lot of time to pay for the room so I opted for the preferred room, it’s only another $60.00 . “I’m handicapped and in a chair, I’d like to be close to the busses”. Receiving the same response, I asked to speak to Guest Relations. Voicing my concern. Guest Relations. looked at our reservations including the dining reservations I had made the same day I booked the room and concluded I was not being deceitful and added her. At that time all the preferred rooms were booked and the only thing they could do was add a note on the reservation that I “Requested a preferred room”, Not That “I payed an extra $60.00 for a preferred room”. After three calls to reservations and each time speaking first to a Reservationist then to Guest Relations, I still was never offered my money back or some sort of restitution.
    Upon arrival at the resort we again voiced our dissatisfaction, asked to speak to a manager (who was on the phone the entire time) but got a Guest Relations representative who didn’t offer any sort of compensation. She told us she would call me on my cell phone after she researched the matter and never got back to me.
    My family and I have stayed on the property many times and have never had problems with any of our reservations.

On the third day we were at Disney Studios. We were killing time before our dinner reservations. As Floridians we knew it was going to rain (hard). We decided to ride Star Tours before it started to pour. We approached the fastpass lane, I showed the castmember my Guest Assistance Card as I have done for the past 5 years. I was told I had to leave my power chair in the rain and transfer to a push wheel chair. I explained, (in the pouring rain) I was not going to leave my $5, 000.00 chair to get ruined in the rain. I told her, “For the past 5 years I was able to take my chair in through the wheelchair entrance and enter the ride through the back side”. She insisted I leave my chair and transfer. As I was getting soaked I said, “This is unacceptable” I asked my wife to get our ponchos and umbrellas out. The castmember shouted to another castmember who told her to let me in. We not only had to ride Star Tours soaking wet but had to ride two busses and eat dinner at Boatwright’s soaking wet. We would have gone to our room and changed but we would have missed our reservation.

On the fourth day, we went to Typhoon Lagoon. I decided to ride a raft ride, since there were ropes with stanchions to support myself and rocks along the way to sit on. During the ride I hit my thoracic area on my back right where a protruded disc is impinging on the thecal sack (a nerve bundle). I didn’t complain and am not one to make a big scene or try to sue, I just live with the pain daily. But for the rest of the trip and even now I can feel more pain than usual. Yes I know I shouldn’t ride certain rides with back problems but the pleasure is sometimes worth the pain.

I am aware this isn’t directly under WDW control. We had reservations at Tappan Edo. The entire time we were waiting for our table there was a loud obnoxious family of 14 behind us who kept arguing and bumping the back of my chair repeatedly. After a half hour they were called to a table, we were relieved to be rid of them. A few minutes later we were called and led to a room where that family was seated. Adults at one table and the children at the other. To add salt to our already open wounds, we got to sit at the kiddy table where all the angry children were watching their parents get drunk and even more obnoxious. The adults were taunting the chef and getting louder with every shot they downed. We were delighted when they finished their meal and quickly left to get rid of their kids and find more alcohol. We were left in peace to have desert.

The next day we were at the Magic Kingdom, We were approaching the covered wheel chair transfer area at Pirates of the Caribbean where we have always left my chair. The castmember told me I had to leave my chair out in the open. It was threatening rain and I said, ”I am not going to leave my chair out in the rain”. She pointed to all the rental chairs and said, “This is where you will have to park your chair”. I said, “I don’t care what your policies are for rental chairs, This is my chair, I’m not going to take the chance of coming back to a chair that’s dead”. “We have always parked my chair under here”. She begrudgingly let me park my chair under cover. It did rain.

On the morning of my birthday I called the front desk from our room to inquire if there was other locations to redeem my birthday voucher, letting the person know I was a annual passholder and didn’t want the day admission. I was told I could redeem it at either Guest Services locations at Downtown Disney. We wanted to shop there any way so we boarded a bus there. Guest Services informed me upon my turn that I was mis-informed and had to redeem it at one of the parks. I told him, “Now we have to board four busses take two hours and a half to get back to where we started. Our day is mostly shot now”. Guest Services castmember stared at me blankly, offered no retribution what so ever not even a fastpass for our trouble. Then motioned for the next guest in line.
    We were planning on shopping for a couple of hours. Going to EPCOT for a few hours and ending up at the Magic Kingdom so we could ride the monorail to The Polynesian for dinner..

Later at The Polynesian for the Luau. Upon checking in we were told they were over booked and we were booked at a non-excitant table. My wife was livid, she had to walk away. The manager, George came over to me. He said, “I am so sorry for the mix-up, reservations has been booking a table that doesn’t exist for months now and I get to deal with all the angry people. If you will wait, I will do my best to get you in. After a half hour of being under the impression we were not going to see the show, George came over with a hostess to seat us. I thanked him repeatedly, he saved the night from total ruin. All in all my birthday wasn’t a very happy celebration

On our last day it is our tradition for us to begin and end our stays at the Magic Kingdom. We were detained by a security guard who would not let us enter with my tool kit for the power chair. He said the screwdriver could be used as a weapon. I explained, “Through five years and two different power chairs I have entered the parks with my kit. Every time security has seen the kit and there has never been a problem”. My wife said, “If this chair breaks down I have to push it, We are stuck”. He repeated, ‘This can be used as a weapon”. He took the screwdriver and said I couldn’t enter the park with it. I asked, “OK, when will I get it back”? He told me, “Never”. I replied, “That won’t work, call a manager”. I told the guard “I’m a disabled vet, I served in Viet Nam to be treated like this”? After a fifteen minute wait manager approached, took one look at the kit and told the guard to let me in it’s just a repair kit for the chair. I got no apology.
    It was quite embarrassing to be pulled from the line and held to the side with two guards lurking over my shoulder. Every guest that passed through the area stared at us as if we were terrorists. We really felt we were being violated. It was very frightening for my 9 year old daughter she was afraid we were being arrested. I never want to see that look in her eyes again. That sure wasn’t a magical experience for her. I am sure every time we pass through the baggage check again she will relive those moments. She is still traumatized by the experience..That ruined at large portion of the Disney fantasy for her.
    In retrospect my wife brought up the point that she is Thai, could pass as middle eastern. She Said “You never know what he was thinking”.

We were leaving the park at the end of the day. We decided to ride Pirates of the Caribbean one more time as we were passing it and say goodby to George. My wife saw the row of power chairs and said “Lets forget this, it’s too much of a hassle”. I agreed and we made our way to the busses

Throughout the years I have been to WDW well over 1, 500 times, I still get butterflies in my stomach as I approach the Magic Kingdom Gates.. For the past 5 years as passholders, my family has logged at least 200 trips there. We have stayed on property about 30 times. We have spent many thousands of dollars during these trips. We were considering joining the Vacation Club next month. You won’t find a more devoted “Disney Family” then us. My wife and daughter still get teary eyed as we leave (not this time). We left depressed we weren’t able to have the happy birthday celebration we were anticipating.
    We are planning on coming up for the Not so Scary Halloween Party, another trip in November for Darci’s birthday and wanted to spend a week before Christmas so we could wake up there Christmas morning and decorate our room.
    Although we have many good memories there we are leery of what the future will bring.

With this letter I am asking for retribution and compensation from Disney. It’s not only the $60.00 I lost with the reservationist not keying the right key initially. Just an apology or some fast passes won’t due, serious compensation.

Dear Guest Communications,

With my last letter I didn’t want to misunderstood. As I had stated you would be hard pressed to find a more devoted Disney family.

Myself, I was weaned on The Wonderful Word of Disney and the Mickey Mouse Club the one with Annette Funicello. Later most of my highschool friends went to work at The Magic Kingdom when the park opened in “71". I took leave from the Navy to attended the opening day. After my enlistment was up I would go at least two times a week to hang out wile my friends worked. There was no where in the Magic Kingdom I hadn’t visited at the time. Through the 80's I would bring my nieces there a few times a year. The “90s” My first two daughters were frequent visitors. Then in the new century, my grand children and Asia my youngest daughter. I wear hidden Mickey earnings and for my last birthday a friend gave me a free tattoo (only the second I have) I opted for Sorcerer Mickey on my chest. My van I decked out with WDW regalia.

Darci, my wife got introduced to WDW when we ran from a hurricane (WDW is our evacuation plan). Her uncle and aunt both worked at MGM and brought us to the parks for Asia’s 4th birthday. Darci was raised in Escondido and had been to Disneyland many times but never realized how fantastic WDW was. She was amazed I knew my way around the Magic Kingdom so well. She saved the money on our return home to buy annual passes. She says she wouldn’t feel “right” if she wasn’t a passholder. A close friend, Melissa, who we call our (Disney buddy) not only got annual passes to WDW but Bush Gardens and Universal too. Darci called her a trader, later Melissa confessed her family was not treated as well at any of the other parks she had visited. Darci has 12 Christmas trees two of them are decorated with Disney ornaments exclusively. She is decorating one of our bathrooms as classic Mickey and our kitchen as Sorcerer Mickey. She took the planter in our front yard, it was a circle around a light pole and added ears to it.

Asia, our daughter from the time she could make any sort of decision, wore Cinderella dresses everywhere . She would introduce herself as Cinderella to everyone she met. This behavior was reenforced by her initial visit to WDW. She knew in her mind she was the real Cinderella and the Castmembers were just pretending. She has graduated to Hannah Montana, although she doesn’t think she is her. Her room has every Hannah decoration, along with Club Penguin and Puffles. At nine she knows more about the history and operations of WDW than most of the castmembers. There are over 8 books on the history of WDW in her room, she reads them repeatedly. She can spot a knock off pin at a glance, and she informs the castmembers of the fact.

We have infused our daily lived with Disney. We live and save for our next trip there. We have more Disney clothes than regular clothes. There are 12 pin bags with over 8, 000 pins in them. Disney art and decorations all over our home. Over the years we have celebrated our birthdays, anniversaries, end of school, start of school, every year attended Pirate and Princess, Not so Scary Halloween and Very Mary Christmas Parties. Not to mention any other excuse we could come up with. We have also learned to deal with the crowds and the rude tourists (we have them here also). Like on our last trip (yes, the bad one) on Star Tours a teenager sitting next to my wife was picking her nose and wiping her finger off on my wives side of the communal hand rest. We didn’t complain but were disgusted (we hope things are wiped off between sittings).
    One year we used our passes 52 times. In the economy we are in now, we have decided to make quality not quantity trips there. We have been trying to save for the Vacation Club but have used the savings for booking other visits there. My wife and I are dying to become a members of the Vacation Club. We are looking forward to many more happy memories of our visits there in the future. It would leave a very large void in our lives if we had a falling out with your company.

The booking incident, being told I had to leave my chair in the rain (twice), along with the over zealous security guard (catching such hardened criminals as my family) have left a permeant scar on us. What it has done to my daughter is beyond repair.

One percent of the power chairs in the parks are not rental chairs and are owned by the guest riding in them. Castmembers should be trained to recognize the difference and treat the guests accordingly.

I would like to talk personally to someone NOT have an email.

After 15 days I got my telephone call. From a polite castmember. All she could do was offer me some pins. WOW, Im so happy now.

• Ba
      Oct 29, 2009

if there are 10000 unhappy guests there are usually 100x's the amount of happy guests disney cannot be held responsible for your perception of what had happened

Mar 04, 2010

I'm sure your complaints are valid, but a more effective letter would be less than one page, to the point, and pick the ONE item that inconvenienced you most.

1 page,
    1 complaint,
    and finally 1 letter...

Unfortunately people complain about everything now - not because they've been inconvenienced, they're looking for a freebee.
    When you grocery list everything, unfortunately it looks like your more only interested in getting something for free.

• Do
      Jun 30, 2010

I have a complaint against Pixar and Disney in reference to "Day and Night" short before Toy Story 3.

"You would have to be pretty naïve to not identify the attempt to indoctrinate the viewer with a "more open and accepting view" of sexual experimentation, namely homosexuality as was artistically illustrated by the two male characters sharing a bewildering rainbow-in-the-crotch experience. The concern we should have is WHY we would trust them to indoctrinate our Youth with social, sexual, or political messages of any kind. Remember when stories had "Morals" and not "Immorals"?

Additionally strange is the exaltation of Wayne Dyers quote. That guy is a [censor] and a fraud, and why it would be chosen for inclusion in a children's animation must make perfect sense to only fools. Unless of course, it was chosen to once again punctuate the blatant cry for acceptance of other peoples' unorthodox sexual orientation. Creatively, this animated short was clever until Teddy Newton added his own dissolute agenda. "

Jul 30, 2010

What up Dog ??

[censored] Disney bro, get yo self a hot dog and cold beer and relaxin the Florida sun.

Jul 30, 2010

Disney has definitely down graded over the years. You want to go there to enjoy yourself and for the excitement, not to be Mickey's [censor]. Disney is all about their profit, if you want an experience like the commercials show be prepared to spend grands of money. Universal and Sea World were my two favorite parks. The only Disney park I really enjoyed was the Animal Kingdom and it was like hell getting onto the rides.

• Ju
      Aug 03, 2010

We stayed the weekend at the Contemporary resort... After going through my bank statements online, I have found that most of the TIPS for dinners have been increased from what I wrote on the slip!! Is this a common practice??? I plan to get into contact with them in the morning!!! This is ridiculous!

• Fr
      Jul 25, 2011

If anyone from disney reads ANY of the complaints posted, I would be very, very surprised. disney no longer wants to earn a good reputation. All they want is the almighty dollar. I believe that Walt Disney would be banging a few heads together were he still alive. To have his dream turn out to be as bad as it has in the past few years. It has turned into "customer no service". No one in that entire corporation gives a damn if you had a good experience or a bad one, as long as the money keeps comming in. I am retired military and have 16 grandchildren. I took two of them to disney last year and have just returned after taking two more in July. This will be the last year that I take any of the rest. I will find a park that cares about the people that are paying the bills. Congratulation disney, you have just lost ANOTHER paying customer. How many more can you afford to lose!!!?

Jul 28, 2011

They all sound correct I paid $350 dollars for myself, husband, 3 year old and 4 year old. We where able to get on a total of five rides in five hours. They will let any amount of people in that park to make money. If I heard the happiest place on earth one more time I might have turned postal. I truly believe Walt would turn in his grave to see how greedy this place has become, there must be 10-15 retail and food establishments for every ride in the magic Kingdom. I'm glad they got to see it once because they will never again. Horrilbe day at te park.

• Wh
      Aug 06, 2011

I've never been a big Disney fan and have never understood people who think Disney is the be all, end all of existence on this earth. In 2005, I was getting married in October. We planned a 2 week trip to Scotland, but my husband lost his job 3 months before the wedding. He got a job and started work about a month before the wedding date. They gave him time off for the wedding and 1 week for the honeymoon. We cancelled the plane tickets and took points from Delta. My parents have an Orlando time share. They were able to give us the week down there, so we ended up at Disney. The Epcot visit went by without incident. We went to the Magic Kingdom. At the time, I was semi-vegetarian, meaning I did not eat beef or pork. I had NO CLUE people booked meals a year or two in advance. Are you kidding me?!?! We tried to go to a buffet--a buffet, mind you--and were turned away b/c we didn't have a reservation. We asked where we were supposed to eat--noting that I was vegetarian and couldn't just stop at a stand selling hamburgers and hotdogs--and a Disney employee sent us to this one place that served asian/noodle type dishes. She said they cooked everything fresh, so if I wanted something left out, it would not be a problem. It was a long walk to get there. And when we did, surprise, surprise, everything is pre-cooked. By this time, we were both starving and I was shaking from hunger and low blood sugar and heat as it was. Now, I was also shaking from anger. I went off on them!!! To his credit, the guy at the noodle place was nice. I think he helped me find a place to eat (probably a veggie burger or something--which the woman from before failed to suggest as an option). It wasn't at all what we wanted, but it was food. Better yet, he actively tried to make things up to us. He got us into Cinderella's castle for a 3-5 pm setting. We didn't eat dinner, obviously, but had dessert and they gave us a free commemorative glass as we were wearing pins indicating it was our honeymoon. No, I'm not complimenting them. What they did was the least they should have done. A Disney employee flat out LIED TO MY FACE. Besides, you should not have to plan your meals at least a year in advance. We couldn't have done that. We didn't know we were going to Disney at all until about a month out. What are people in situations like that supposed to do? They want the visitors, they should provide more and better meal options. Period. End of story!

Well, in addition to that story, I'm afraid I had another bad incident happen during my honeymoon. We went to the Animal Kingdom. I don't think I'd ever been there before. Now, I am not fond of crowds. That means Disney already presents problems for me. However, I can handle the crowds as long as I don't feel trapped by them. Unfortunately, we ended up staying at this park a little longer than we should have. The parade started. Like I did at Epcot, I looked for a way to slip past the crowds and leave. But when the parade starts at Animal Kingdom, THERE IS NO WAY OUT, YOU ARE TRAPPED!!! Whoever would've expected them to have designed the park so poorly. I mean, seriously, it isn't like it was the first park they built. They already knew about crowds and what happened come parade time. The design of that park is completely irresponsible. I literally started hyperventilating and having a panic attack. My husband kept moving me around, dragging me by the hand, and trying to find a way out, but we kept running into that stupid parade. We drew the attention of a park employee, but I was so out of it just struggling to breathe and not pass out. She apparently asked if I needed "medical aid, " but I misheard her and said, "no, I don't want any lemonade." I'm not exaggerating. It was just a horrible experience. All in all, it added up to a pretty sucky honeymoon. Wish we had done the fish park instead. We did do Busch Gardens, I think it is, and had a much better experience there even if there wasn't as much to do and see. The following year, we went to Hilton Head the week before Christmas. It was deserted and fabulous. I now kind of think of that as our honeymoon. I'm trying hard to repress the Disneymoon from you know where.

Now, I even have another reason to be frustrated with Disney. They own the subsidiary company of Playdom, which runs online games, but their customer service is terrible. That's how I found this posting--I was looking for a way to complain to Disney about Playdom. I'm sorry, but Disney is so over rated. It may have been a bit better in Walt's day (though I've heard some disturbing rumors about him too). But today, Disney has gotten too big. It is almost self-perpetuating. They don't care about customer service because they don't have to care. Another mindless Mickey follower will come along and dump lots of cash on them. That's just the sad truth. The only reason I was bothering to try to complain of Playdom is because they are a new acquisition--purchased last year and supposedly Disney is planning on pumping $563 million into the endeavor. Lots and lots and lots of people are mad at Playdom. It is deplorably run. I've tried to work things out with Playdom to no avail, so I thought maybe going over their heads to 'get them in trouble with daddy, ' so to speak, might be a better tactic. Still, I have no delusions. Disney is just terrible, and likely to stay that way as far as I can tell. Sorry your grandkids were involved. But I don't see why you need to shield them from the truth. They'd be better off learning what Disney is like and falling in love with something else. Find a smaller park that still cares, or maybe even take them on some kind of charity/working vacation like doing habitat for humanity. There are lots of other options besides the messed up mouse.

Nov 03, 2011

I have been going to Disney World for 36 years. It has always been our favorite time of the year. Until this past week . I have never had a complaint in 35 years, until this week. I ran into multiple rude cast members, from the bus drivers and ride operators to the check in people. After telling our bus driver where I was headed twice, he rudely asked Where do you want to go? On the ride "Its a Small World", our group allowed 5 feet in between us and the people in front of us; and Doris yelled at us for it. After walking through a very thorough security check into the Magic Kingdom, with my two small girls, Clifford demanded I leave the youngest at the gate while I and my other daughter go through the security check again. I grabbed them both and returned to security. They were as perplexed as me and continually apologized to us. I will NEVER return to Disney World or any location associated with them.

• Mi
      Nov 13, 2011

My husband and I went to Disney world in 2011 for our 2nd honeymoon and stayed at the all star movies resort ! BIG MISTAKE !! worst place to stay ! not only did we have to hear a toilet run all night long but that resort has very thin walls. YOU HEAR EVERYTHING . We had stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside resort for our 1st honeymoon, we should of went back to that one, but we figured we save a few bucks and try a value resort ! Dont gip yourself, , go for the moderate resorts, because value resorts are terrible place to stay ! we are going again in 2012, but this time we will absolutely stay in a moderate resort and spend a few hundred more just to enjoy the piece and quiet of a wonderful resort !

Jan 09, 2012

Here are some numbers people. Hope you have better luck than we did. We have traveled to Disney for over 30 years. Our recent visit in December 2011 was terrible. We arrived with our familly, our children and grandkids to have an engagement party. We had ordered an engagement cake to have dellivered to our room.
    We arrived December 19, 2011, and left for a dinner celebration at Yahtsmans. After dinner we were returning to celebrate with our engagement cake and head to the Polynesian to sit by the water and watch the 10:00 holiday fireworks.
    While we were gone an employee entered our room and hit the door so hard that it knocked the topper of the cake and destroyed our cake.
    We returned about 7:30 and immediately called management. They said they would immediately call Leslie Smith who was handling this cake. We had no response and the next morning were informed that Disney was scheduling a lock interrigation on the room to confirm this employee entered the room. They needed a couple of days to do this and speak to the cast member. Three days later, it was confirmed. The executive management team was verly calous and had David Kong contact us. He offered an ice cream social in the Pop Century food court or another cake from the local Publlix grocery store.He stated that it was a busy time and the cake would not be as good though. This was not ok with us. Even after David King (Pop Century Guest Relations Manager) repeated this multiple times, he kept repeating the same thing and said these are your only options. We found this very disrespectful. To us, it's like having a Birthday party without the cake. Only worse. The event was already over. It was ruined. We even tried to contact Leslie Smith (Manager of guest services at [protected]) who was handling this cake from December 19 on with no response.

Mar 23, 2012

My complaint is not about anything bad at Disney. We just got back from there, and we had a wonderful time! Everyone was very happy and helpful. My complaint is with the powers that be at Disney concerning there not being any villians around the park...well there were the ones on stage for the show but that was all. We also wanted to buy a villian hat or shirt or snowglobe but there was none to be found in the park. In all of your movies you have villians that play an important role. I am not the only one that has said this. Please take in consideration what I have said. LOVED the Parks. Janey Stephens, N.C. P.S. You really can't appreciate good without evil...all of your movies show good overcoming evil. Without it there would not be much of a story line or excitement!

Mar 23, 2012

sorry, my computer is doing some crazy mess. I had checked everything but came back and read and OMG. I just wanted to say it is important in a story for good to go against evil...makes for a great story!!!

• Bu
      Mar 27, 2012

Why dont you just go to Universal? They are so much better and know how to treat a guest. I love Universal. Dinsey parks are too childish and directed towards little girls and all the fairy bull ###. What are the boys suppose to do? DW is a let down and far to exspensive. DW...thumbs down. Universal...Thumbs up!

• Tr
      Jun 28, 2012

I want Flik and Princess Atta to return to Animal Kingdom for a regular character meet 'n greet basis when I go to WDW again in October and December this year. I miss them terribly.

• Fa
      Sep 01, 2012

Walt and Roy Disney are Dead...If Walt came back to life he would be a very pissed off man...He would fire everybody and start over...This place has nothing to do with Disney anymore it is just a name people...When Epcot opened it was a real nice place..But not anymore...Just a run down money making greed park...When you pay $15 dollars to park your car you should turn around and go the other way...

•   Dec 29, 2012

Walt Disney World
    Posted: 2008-09-09 by Linda Elliott [send email]
    They do not care
    Complaint Rating:

Walt Disney World
    go.com

It is sad to say, but my family is now done with Disney! A lesson learned!

Comments United States E

30th of Jun, 2010 by Don't Apologize 0 Votes

Additionally strange is the exaltation of Wayne Dyers quote. That guy is a ### and a fraud, and why it would be chosen for inclusion in a children's animation must make perfect sense to only fools. Unless of course, it was chosen to once again punctuate the blatant cry for acceptance of other peoples' unorthodox sexual orientation. Creatively, this animated short was clever until Teddy Newton added his own dissolute agenda. "
    30th of Jul, 2010 by Joe Dog 0 Votes
    What up Dog ??

30th of Jul, 2010 by scoobydoo 0 Votes
    Disney has definitely down graded over the years. You want to go there to enjoy yourself and for the excitement, not to be Mickey's ###. Disney is all about their profit, if you want an experience like the commercials show be prepared to spend grands of money. Universal and Sea World were my two favorite parks. The only Disney park I really enjoyed was the Animal Kingdom and it was like hell getting onto the rides.
    3rd of Aug, 2010 by Justin1976 0 Votes

23rd of Mar, 2012 by janey stephens 0 Votes
    27th of Mar, 2012 by Buttercupblonde31 0 Votes
    28th of Jun, 2012 by Tracy Robben 0 Votes
    1st of Sep, 2012 by FATMAN WALKING 0 Votes

everything has been cut and pasted

• Re
      Jan 08, 2013

To Whom It May Concern:
    I just recently visited Disney in Orlando for just 3 days as the 9 hour flight had eaten up the other 2days of the 5 days package tour. what I had plan as a perfect holiday and a 50th birthday gift for myself turn out to be a disappointment. Growing up from a poor family is just a dream for a kid from asia to afford this dream vacation. i had waited till my 50th and save enough money to be able to live that dream. the three day Disney Pass to park is all been plan and we reserved the last day to go for the Magic Kingdom where we had plan to spend our New Years Eve 2013. we wake up early and we are already at the EPCOT train terminal when Disney personnel at the gate stop us and says that Magic Kingdom is only open to Disney Resort Guess and those who have an Annual pass. This is not mentioned or written in Disney Website where you buy the tickets. this is really a big disappointment and for to fly all the way to Orlando is really cost me a fortune and yet they dont allow us to visit the most important part of the trip which is the Magic Kingdom. I wasn't able to see the Castle and Park itself which i had been dreaming of going there since i was a kid. hope Disney will have to consider the feeling of people who doesnt have money to go back there and revisit the park. we were devastated to know about the last minute rule that only Disney Resort Guest can go to the Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve. if we know that we would have make this trip spme other days where it is not a holiday. Hope Disney can compensate us for the loss of opportunity and give us a chance to go back and fullfill my dream. thanks

Renato Sio

• Ro
      Nov 10, 2013

I do believe you should be allowed to protect your chair but I take issue with your complaint about riding something that caused you pain. Disney CLEARLY post signs at all their rides regarding certain conditions you may have and they do not recommend riding their rides if you have them. I have a severe impingement in my neck which causes severe pain in my right arm. I loved riding Space Mountain as a teen and before I my diagnosis. I have been wanting to ride the ride since it was updated a couple of years ago but I absolutely know my condition and my doctors who have also told me NO ROLLER COASTERS AND NO LIFTING ANYTHING OVER 10 pounds. And I LISTEN! You should not have even posted that complaint as that clearly is your fault and not Disney's! You must take personal responsibility for your choices!

• So
      Jan 23, 2014

I am having hell with DISNEY and a complaint they totally ignore you and that goes for the chief executive also. They are a total disgrace. Those new tragic bands are a nightmare if you are not us based and I had a horrible time and this was my 16th year in a row, as the tragic bands failed on our night at Fantasmic we could not go in until two minutes before the show and it was chaos. I got knocked down and broke my arm in the stampeded and I have mailed them and mailed them and mailed them they are
    Completely useless uncaring and don't give a rats once you have got home...they disgust me.

• Di
      Apr 15, 2014

#1 We purchased annual passed thru their ezpay program and there are 4 of us so it was 424.00 down then 136.00 a month. we went to the first park which was Typhoon Lagoon and was told our tickets we blocked because we didn't make our first payment. So in the fine print (and it is my own fault because I didn't read it) said the 1st payment is due within 24 hours? So shouldn't the down payment really be $560.00? Anyway with me not knowing that I had spent my money on a hotel because I had family from Boston here so and my money was tight. Anyway the Disney refused to do anything for us so I was turned away at the gate. Embarrassed as my family from Boston went in and me and my family had to go home. Disney was very unsympathetic. They sounded like robots I'm sorry for your inconvenience but there is nothing we can do.
    #2 We go back to the water park this Saturday and I am told we cant enter as we do not have Premium Passes-just annual passes. So I asked if they could upgrade me and they said no sorry there is nothing we can do but if you want to pay the difference in full which is $511.20 we can allow you in today. I asked if they could just include in my easy pass program and they said I'm sorry there is nothing we can do and sorry for your inconvenience. So again we were turned away.Now as big as Disney is I can not believe there is nothing they can do. I really feel that they are too big for their britches. They don't care about us little people. Unfortunately I am in a contract and I will conclude this contract however I will NEVER do this again with them.