Walmart Stores / awful place

1 Millenium DrCortland, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 330-372-1772

I worked for walmart for nearly one year, and in that time I witnessed a violation of EPA regulations in relation to the amount of silver waste (which is highly toxic) allowed on site(25 gallons). when I reported it to my manager he told me to hide it, in front of other associates, I talked to my assistant manager who told me to just do as I was told, I called out MEM and out general Market Manager. the issue was resolved, but I was yelled at for not telling my manager that it was a violation of our EPA mandates(which as the manager over the photo lab he is REQUIRED to learn through walmarts computer based learning) and was then written up and summarily fired within 60 through no fault of my own. I firmly believe that walmart does NOT actually inspect its stores, and fails to ensure that its management follow the laws that govern them.

I have, of course, been granted unemployment.

Ma

Comments

• Kn
      27th of Sep, 2009

I'm glad you received unemployment. You should have not been fired. Have you considered suing?

• Jw
      25th of Feb, 2010

You should have not been fired. The walmart managers don't care about the employees. They are there to get a big salary and to ### on anyone they can.