Volkswagen 2006 V8 Toureg / I will never buy one again!

I purchased my brand new 2006 V8 Toureg on 11/20/06. 4 Days after the check engine lite went on for the first time. Since then it has been at the dealer 5 times and so far 18 days in the 2 months I have had it. It is still there they say for at least 10 more days. They have replaced 2 ignition coils, a fuel injector, re-attached a hose, purged the coolant system, drained and refilled the gas tank and now they say there is a coolant leak inside the engine and that they will have to take apart the engine, see what additional damage has been done and re-build the engine. Meanwhile VW has generously given me a $25/day shoe box on a roller skate Enterprise rental car to drive when I have paid $45,000 for a luxury suv. VW has said no to an upgrade for the rental car. No to replacing my car w/a new one. No to a buy back. They have basically said oh well, we will fix it no matter how long it takes. They should fix it, but on their time not mine. Well, that is what my attorney is going to tell them. I meet the requirements of the lemon law and at this point I don't want a VW. I will never buy one again nor will I ever have anything good to say about them.

A  2nd of Mar, 2007 by
This is awful .... i cant believe how bad VW has been with this customer. I hope his lawyer does well with the case and i sure won't be buying a VW , i was interested in the Toureg now i am not even interested in the company ... they should have replaced this mans car right away or bought it back . What a huge disappointment to learn this about what i used to think was a good company.
D  27th of Nov, 2007 by
vw has strict buy back procedures
if buyback is going to occur or even think of happening the following goes on.

vw feild tech comes out to the shop its at and deals with the dealership / tech.

A engineer/buyback guy comes out and does a 4-5 hour inspection on the car does not leave any bolt untouched, no control module unspanned and leaves with tons of pictures and data received from the vw scan tool.

This car does not sound even remotely close to a come back.Nor does it fall under any lemon laws for what the car is in the shop for. Please check your lemon laws before bashing such a prestige company who delivers a high end car.

its surprising how many Americans complain about a car that Germans love. Just sounds like a cracked out customer to me.

Volkswagen Logo Volkswagen