Vodafone / harassment for sim card activation

India Review updated:

A SIM card was issued to me through a sales boy on 10/02/2008 with SIM number: [protected]... via vadafone letter dated 20 feb 08, the Customer id allocated was: 11056214 and mobile number was: [protected] and relationship number was 1.20660854.

There was a defect in the SIM and the same was informed at the India, Noida Vodafone branch... However there was no SIM card re-issued... In-fact I got a bill dated 06.03.08 of Rs.415/-... This is definitely not expected... how can vadafone send me a bill without the SIM card itself being activated?

This has been a huge wastage of my time and an irritating experience… I was no more interested to take this card and had put up request to deactivate the SIM and return the Rs.250/- paid as registration charges to the sales person from a TPA, Abstract Solutions, Delhi, India

I took a new Vodafone connection no: [protected] on 29 July 08 by paying another Rs.250/- as registration charges... I am surprised to know that the earlier hutch number [protected] is still not de-activated... I had got confirmation from Vodafone customer care executives that the number has been deactivated and that I need not pay the earlier bill.

Now my new number [protected] never got activated, reason stated is that there is a due of Rs. 415/- pending against my name... Though all Vodafone front desk executives confirm that I need not pay the bill and that the mobile will get activated in next 24 hrs but nothing seems to happen... This is not acceptable and I feel cheated in the whole process.

My Expectations are:

1) Dues against my name on the mobile number [protected] need to be closed immediately and brought to zero value

2) My new number [protected] needs to get activated

This is pure harassment and unfair practice, which is not expected from a company like vodafone.

Comments

Bb
  9th of May, 2008

nokia6080 with vodafone sim - My mobile was thefted in my room
India

My mobile was thefted by someboby while i'm sleeping in the hostel.
It is thefted between 1am to 4am this morning.please give me the details that how to proceed further to trace the mobille.
Thanking u