Vodafone / illegal fine from vodafone

1 Netherlands

I have signed a contract with vodafone for internet. I waited around a month for service delivery, as there were numerous technical problems, which vodafone was unable to cope with. Every time I had to call vodafone customer service (and of course pay for the connection!!!), eventually they managed to fix everything and I became a happy owner of internet connection. Till last week - I have received a letter calling me to pay 80 euros fine because I was late with bill payment - I was late 3 DAYS. The letter was not sent by vodafone, but intrum justitia nederland BV (!), I paid the fine, but still I keep receiving bills from them - the last one for 120 euros. In Vodafone they told me that apparently they HAVE FORGOTTEN TO INFORM intrum justitia that our payment is on order now. How can it be that they communicate so well if it concerns fines for customers, but they cannot inform them that they received the money from me??? Customers of Vodafone HAVE NO PROTECTION - THEY CAN BE CHARGED FOR UNREASONABLE AMOUNTS OF MONEY JUST BECAUSE VODAFONE HAS THAT FANTASY! I will send an offical complaint to Vodafone, but still I want to share that experience with potential customers of Vodafone - think twice before you decide to sign a contract with them!!!

EURO 08.