Vitacost / Does not ship in 24 hours

United States Review updated:

I placed an order with Vitacost.com on Feb 04, 2008. I called many times and was told that my order was in the warehouse and ready to ship. On Feb 12, I finally was allowed to talk to a supervisor. He told me that there was nothing wrong with my order and that it would ship that day via UPS 2nd day air. I found out that my order shipped via UPS ground and that it would not be delivered until Feb 19. I called and talked to a very nice supervisor who agreed to call back the shipment in transit.

Vitacost's website states a 'ship in 24 hour' policy. I would say that an order placed on Feb 04 and shipping of that order on Feb 13 does not meet that 24 hour ship goal.
Va

Comments

Jb
  3rd of Jun, 2008
I also placed an order, after 3 days waiting for item to ship, I sent several email inquiries, all were ignored. I thought their prices were a little too good, but it seems I got NOTHING for my money. Good thing I paid with PayPal, now I have to fet a refund.
Bh
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I've placed an on-line order and received an on-line confirmation when i clicked to finalize. There was no e-mail confirmation which they stated would come shortly. I phoned their toll-free number the following
business day and complained. A rude customer service rep. told me that my order had to go to the manager for approval. I'm the paying customer and I was treated so disrespectfully. Plus, i forgot to mention
the real humdinger. when i was signing in with my e-mail their
internet site told me they had no record of my e-mail account. i've orderd from them lots of times.
They are unethical and lie. with millions of customers, purportedl, y they don't give a hoot!

The excuse I got from the nasty rep. was that they are being careful of credit card fraud. They are the ones lacking integrity!

In truth, they don't have certain items in and they are the fraudlulent
culpruts. We were also charged falsely for items that weren't orded.
Sometimes the credit card has been charged multiple times and I had to fight with them to credit me back.
I will no longer order from them, as, there are ethical
companies out there. My lawyer has sent them a letter and I've put complaints in.
Al
  19th of Nov, 2009
This company may be the worst in terms of guarantee of service and cohesive followup of any company I have placed an order with.

The communication is ridiculously poor: I have spent days trying to get through by telephone just to have the calls dropped or to get busy signals over 48-hour periods, and never had an email answered. I tried chat as a last resort and was never greeted and five different agents left the "conversation" before anyone responded. It was chaos. After the poor service was blamed on a number of reasons, the conversation was ended by the agent with no explanation. I have had orders held for over a month with no explanation and no answers provided.

Their selection of items is fantastic, but they are truly the worst company I have dealt with and I do over 300 online purchases per year. They do make just about anyone from the utility company to any online store look phenomenal however!

I'm unclear as to how they're continuing to operate like this without any consumer agency intervening.

Vitacost.com Logo Vitacost.com