VISA Reservation Rewards / unauthorized charges

1 PA, United States Review updated:

About 3 months ago I noticed a $12 charge to my VISA for reservation rewards. I had no idea what it was and just assumed it was a charge I received when I traveled. The same thing happened last month and I didn't think much about it because I was away for work again. Well, I just noticed another pending charge from VISA RESERVATION REWARDS in the amount of $12.00 that is unexplainable. I looked up their number and spoke to a customer service rep who told me I signed up for it when I ordered flowers from FTD.COM. Watch out!! I do not recall signing up for anything on their site even though she insisted I clicked ok and said I wanted a trial membership. I do remember them asking if I would like to receive promotional offers and birthday reminders (FTD) but no recollection of VISA RESERVATION REWARDS. I was able to cancel my membership and they are supposed to be refunding me. I am very disappointed in FTD and do not plan to order from them again.

De

Comments

• Mi
      17th of Nov, 2008

The same thing is happen to my parents, but from two companys:

it have been happened since march 2008 to them, we dont know how or who signed up. Any body has any idea what or how can we deal we this?

• Ni
      4th of Dec, 2008

this is true, the same thing happened to me!!! i am hoping for a refund and am wondering how they got my information!!! This is scary!!!

• Ha
      4th of Dec, 2008

The same thing happened to me only - I don't travel and have never in my life ordered anything from FTD or anything for that matter. There is a "Fair Credit Card act" website that you can report issues to - http://www.bcsalliance.com/x_faircreditbillingact.html
    or the BBB. http://welcome.bbb.org/

• Ne
      23rd of Dec, 2008

I have been charged $12/month for Visa Reservation Rewards. I had no idea where these charges were coming from. I did not receive any information about the benefits or where I apparently signed up for this. I called the number (800) 732-7031 and cancelled the membership. I will say that the woman I spoke with on the phone was polite and she told me that I signed up for it online when I purchased airline tickets through Orbitz. I will never use Orbitz again, and the woman refunded me $60 for all previous charges. I will forever be skeptical about online purchases!!

26th of Dec, 2008

Dear Nell:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitorsthe blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Reservation Rewards.

We would like to speak with you directly to address your concerns but do not have your contact information. If you would like us to provide you with more information on how your membership was enrolled or address any other questions you have, please contact Webloyalty.com Customer Service at 1-800-732-7031 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Mary O'Reilly
    Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
    Reservation Rewards

• Sw
      19th of Mar, 2009

This is very scary I ordered movie tickets and now all of a sudden for the past 3 months I have been charged $12 to my account. I called Visa Reservation Rewards and they said the service was cancelled, that was far from the truth because I am sitting here looking at another pending $12 transaction. I am so angry. I called my bank and they said that it would be stopped on the Visa Reservation Rewards end or I would have to cancel my debit card and pay $7.50 to get a new card for something that I did not ask for. This is a mess.

• Di
      10th of Jun, 2009

Guys,

I also faced the same problem and this is how I resolved it.

1) Made a call to my bank (PNC) and disputed all transactions for the previous months.

2) PNC disputed all these transactions, canceled my current card, is going to send me a new card within 4 working days.
    A provisional amount equal to the total amount of the disputed transactions has already been transferred to my account. (I simply like the girl operator from PNC who took my call. She was too sweet and extremely helpful.)

3) I was given 2 phone numbers from which these transactions happened from the PNC bank

4) I called up these numbers and they canceled my so-called membership for these services, and refund the "entire amount" which has been payed by me until now.

For step 4 break it in 2 steps
    i) Call to ask for refund for the current month and membership cancellation --> both of which should be agreed readily
    ii) Call again and say that your last call was hung up, and ask for entire refund. Basically however wicked the company is, the operators are basically humans. If you talk properly you only increase your chances. For me they refunded the entire amount.

If any of the above two fails, write down the most dirty slangs you ever know and make a point to call every hour with full flow of your dirty tongue until you get your entire refund back :)

• Ra
      15th of Dec, 2009

Even I am a victim of this scam. I cancelled the membership immediately after I saw the first unauthorized charge on my checking a/c (i purchased movie ticket on Fandango.com). I had also spoken to the lady and insisten on a refund, and they obliged. Can someone prevent this from happenning ever ?

Here is the contact info:
    customerservice@reservationrewards.com
    1-800-732-7031

• Ti
      1st of Jan, 2010

A few months ago I noticed that I was being charged $12/month for reservation rewards. I did not sign up for this and the charges began on 7/26/09. I called them in either late August or September at 800.732.7031 and ask them to cancel the membership because I had never signed up for it. I also asked to have my money refunded since 7/26/09.
    I was told that they had canceled my membership and I would be reimbursed for the previous charges, but it may take up to 2 months for me to see the reversal of charges on my Visa card. I have not heard from them at all and I received no refund. In looking into this today, I have read about many people who have gone through the same thing.
    I have tried to call them at least three times after my charges continued in November with no luck.
    What can I do about this? How can I help stop this company from continuing to do this to other unsuspecting consumers?
    I will cancel my card if necessary and have my lawyer look into this. It's expensive but the best time to stop fraud is when it happens to you.
    Thank you I look forward to hearing from you

3rd of Jan, 2010

Hello:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-732-7031. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at mary@reservationrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs

• Ad
      4th of Jan, 2010

I had a similar experience. I wasn't sure how I got signed up for Reservation Rewards. I didn't notice I was being charged until months later. I immediately cancelled my membership.

• Ze
      18th of Jan, 2010

I signed up for rewards and the banker who processed this for me made it seem like a wonderful thing to do. After reading an article posted by the NY Times on Visa last December 09, I agree that signing up for a rewards program isn't going to get me much in the long term because big merchant stores (that I shop from) are now only allowing PINs to be entered. And, if I'm not mistaken, it costs more for a store to verify signatures than PINS and our households are paying the tax for signature charges. Has anyone had a problem trying to cancel rewards on their credit card?
    I've bragged about Wellsfargo/Visa to many of my college friends and recommended this bank/company to them, but after facing late charges for early payments as well as being told I couldn't have a fee waived for a one-time "mistake" and a refund for rewards, I'm disappointed and hurt. I ALWAYS make minimum payments in excess and am never late, but if Visa/Wellsfargo card services are going to take $39 from my CREDIT account because I made a one-day too early payment and am not appreciated for having a good history, I plan to leave VISA/Wellsfargo next month for this.

• Th
      21st of Mar, 2010

I just found this scam on my card too. Canceled on their web site, but they gave no option for refunds. I send an email asking for my money back. I do not expect them to reply. Has anyone else been successful in obtaining a refund that way. There should be laws against this type of scam.

• Db
      14th of Oct, 2016

My husband just cancelled his credit card and spoke to me about a $12 charge that the bank teller told him that we had been charged approx. $400 over the last three years. My husband asked me if I knew anything, the only thing I could think of was that our card is a rewards card and that was a monthly fee for having the card. I now see from the above that we have been totally scammed!!! Next time I will ask what is going on right away. :( :(