Virgin Mobile Canada / prepaid over charges. poor customer service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I am real ly frustrated with Virgin Mobile Canada. They do not provide online billing or any monthly statement and they always over charge on prepaid service. When asked for statements for verification they take more than 2 months to send.
Even the statement s do not show the why the excess money was taken out.
I tried to talk to the Manager and they don't give the details of higher Managers . They take more than 2 weeks to reply to emails and the reply does not even resolve the problem.
I will be changing my cell phone company soon if they do not refund my over charges. I am looking to get the contact information of the virgin mobile management.
I will be filing a complaint on Virgin mobile canada for not offering prepaid usage viewing online .
Their web site is only for top up and other sales. There is no place to view your usage when you log into prepaid accout in the web site.

Kr

Comments

• Ge
      12th of Mar, 2010

This is becoming a common problem I suppose. Last night I top my 13 year old son's pre-paid phone up through inter-ac online. It was processed for $20 dollars and I saw my balance to reflect this top up amount. When I was gonna use it for the first time again few hours after ...my $20 dollars is gone. It felt like I just dreamed of going online and making a payment then when I woke up, it vanish in the air.

I feel really sorry for those minors who are getting taken advantage of cell phone providers.

I spoke to the client service rep but they cannot discuss the matter to me (to think I am the mother) only my 13 year old junior high school son can or can authorize me . Had I not tried to follow up on this I would have not known that this is not the first time but the third time this happened to my son. This must be addressed to the consumer board, as this does not affect working adults only but affecting unemployed young kids who are lured into this kind of gadgets not knowing or fully understanding what they are getting into.

• Bz
      20th of Apr, 2010

These guys are the worst and i went on there site and there is know where to contact anyone or complain just top up and buy stuff im super frustrated with them.And i tried to get in contact with a manager and they wouldnt let me til i hung up cause i was getting ticked off

• P0
      24th of Jun, 2011

Virgin has terrible customer service; they think they're cool but they're not. Ever wonder why they don't publish head office phone numbers or emails? Because they don't want to hear from their cusomters. My son suspended his phone, they said there was no charge for this, next thing we know, they are phoning us for an overdue account; I said I was paid in full and asked for a deatailed statement but never got one; then the sent us to a collection agency. Noboby will talk to me because I'm the mother even though I paid the account on my credit card! Stay away from Virgin.

• Tm
      7th of Jul, 2011

pd off mother is typical of the type of people causing their own problems. No one cares that you paid the bill. If the account isnt in your name, it is ILLEGAL to disclose account details to you without the actual account holders permission. Whether you suspend the phone or not, you are still responsible to pay the lowest base monthly fees for the CONTRACT that was signed. If you have a 3 year contract, you committed and agreed to pay a contract fee for 3 YEARS! not "until i want to suspend my line". So of course if you didnt pay, you got sent to a collection agency. Instead of refusing to accept the RULES and POLICIES that companies HAVE to follow by law, you refused and now there are conseqeunces. I can tell you from personal experience, had you done a couple of very small things and followed up properly, whatever issues you had would of at the VERY LEAST, been explained to you. Whether you could have paid or not is irrelevant, you would at least be educayed enough to know what was going on. You sound like an idiot to anyone who knows how contracts or cell phones work. Refusing to take responsibility for anything that isnt done to your liking...

• P0
      10th of Jul, 2011

Tman1980, my son called and suspended his own phone which wasn't on a 3 year contract, it was a monthly plan. They told him that there would be no fees for suspension; he was obviously misinformed. We handed it over to our lawyer who took care of the matter. Virgin was wrong and the account is closed nothing is owing. In future, before you shout your mouth off, you should know the facts.

• Pr
      27th of Sep, 2011

I think it's just a matter of understanding how cell phone companies work. Not alot of people do so it can be misleading. I have been with virgin for almost 5 years now and Im one of the few who understand how cell companies work so I'm a very satisfied customer. That said you say your son is on a monthly plan, which means he is indeed on a contract. Unless his contract is up and you literally are paying month to month. If your contract is not up then you did indeed owe virgin mobile that money. You say the account was suspended. Suspended is not terminated. You would still owe the minimum monthly balance. Even if you had terminated you would still owe money for termination fees. Now if your son was on a prepaid plan then similar rules apply. You would not owe a monthly balance however you would still be required to do some sort of top up every month. Even if it was just $10. I'm surprised you were able to get your Money back because all these rules and regulations are in the fine print you sign when you get your phone. Like I said not many people k ow this . The only reason I do is because I was burnt by Rogers for this problem once before. But it really is all stated. It's just a matter of taking the time to read it.

• Pr
      27th of Sep, 2011

Sorry just re read your last statement so I realize the only reason you were able to get your money back is because they did tell your son he would not be charged. If they had bothered to tell him the truth you wouldn't have been credited because you did owe them. It was a courtesy thing I guess. Consider yourself lucky.