Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. / unexpected seat change!
We just flew, for the first time, with Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow. Our one way ticket was very inexpensive and we had a great few days in London because of Virgin's lost cost fare.
I booked this flight way in advance and got a aisle and middle seat for my wife and myself.
I absolutely need an aisle and would not have booked this flight if one wasn't available.
When I got my boarding pass at the airport I noticed that our seats had been changed. Why? It was a light flight and they had to redistribute the load for safety reasons. I'm a million mile flyer on United and never heard of this for a huge 747. Okay, where are we now. Well, sir, you now have a middle seat with someone sitting next to you in the aisle for your 10+ hour flight. What!!.
To say the least I complained. To make a long story short we ended up in the very last row in a 2 seat arrangement. Seats were tight. Service was good and the fight itself was okay especially for the low fare.
However, this seat change at the very last minute is not the way you treat customers. Even if they moved us to a different row, but an aisle seat as I expected, it would have been okay. They just arbitrarily changed the seats without even telling us at the counter. There were plenty of aisle seats available as we discovered during the flight.
Make sure you call Virgin to ensure you're getting the seat you ordered if this is important to you.
More Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. Complaints & Reviews
- Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. - terrible customer service 
- Virgin Atlantic - terrible experience! 
- Virgin Atlantic - unsatisfactory response from customer relations dept
- Virgin Atlantic - obesity 
- Virgin Atlantic - robbed of $600 by virgin atlantic 
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - flight compensation 
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - flight friday 13rh 6pm from johannesburg to heathrow
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - nightmare travel and worst service offered by baggage department
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - flight
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - suitcase damaged