Virgin Active South Africa / unauthorised billing

1 moses mabhida stadiumDURBAN, South Africa Review updated:

This is an e-mail I have forwarded to the person I have been liasing with at the gym: I started a membership at Kings Park, then my family upgraded to Moses Mabhida membership under Liberty Life, which cancelled my standard membership at Kings Park.

I continued going to the gym between May and July, as I was supposed to be a member. Everytime I came to the gym I encountered problems and continued to be told there was a problem with my membership. I took it up on myself to establish contact with you to explain the problem i was having when entering the gym. At no point did you mention that my membership was cancelled. The problem persisted until the day I couldn't leave my daughter at the ClubV area. I came to the classic gym and you told me I needed to go back to Kings Park to resolve the issue. At Kings Park I spoke to a guy called Andile. I was told my membership was terminated, months after adjusting my membership. I was told I would have to sign up again if I wanted to continue coming to Virgin Active. My daughter was refused access into the kids area and I had to put her ClubV membership under her dad. Upset about how much time and energy this situation had taken, along with the embarrassment of having to explain the same issue over and over again when ever I was coming to the gym, I decided the membership was not worth trying to restart after Virgin Active cancelled my contract.

From this point I never trained at the facility again, because Virgin Active breached our contract and cancelled my membership without my consent.

Unauthorised, Virgin Active started debiting my account two months after they stopped debiting for the membership. Please check your records for amounts I've paid before we even debate this issue. I then called you again to inquire as to what the status of my account. You said you would check and come back to me. This carried on a number of times with both you and your manager promising to get back to me but you never did. The issue was never resolved and payments have been coming off my account for a number of months. I don't even have a membership card for Virgin Active.

I have come in to inquire about the situation with my husband. The last I saw you, you assured me the problem would be sorted, and specifically said I would be reimbursed or be given membership for the time I paid and wasn't able to access the facility. Till today you have not resolved the issue and are now saying your going to reimburse me for two months that you didn't debit my account, during the cancellation period.

My husband and I have come into the gym many times looking for you since, the last time I was there I even left a note with reception asking you to call me. Are you now going to tell me I was using your facilities because I was coming in to find you and settle this matter?

Ne
Aug 7, 2015

Comments

• Az
      28th of Sep, 2015

how could your do this to me ... i was owing and amount of R850, i made arrangements to pay half and the other half in terms the call center told me that is ok but today when i phone they say my account is closed, how could you lie to people like this, this is not fair i rather join another gym and to the balance owing your can go fly a kite ..

if you value me as a member please contact me .. my name is Azaad Yakoob id no: 8012145192081