VIP Travel / Fraud

1 Durham, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-763-6372

My partner and I went to a presentation and thought it was a great idea...life long vacation discounts. Instead of the two free airline tickets, we were offered an extra week per year, so we took that.

Every time i have called them for a reservation, either everything is booked or they're waiting for a call back from someone. I called for airline reservations and car rental and the price they gave me was higher than any of the other online companies. I told Melissa this and she got a major attitude and then went to Travelocity and offered to book the cheaper flight for me...WTF? I could do that myself!

I am looking at what legal action I can take and may even go down there in person to deliver my complaint.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Tb
      8th of Apr, 2008

I find their website of little use to be honest. I have called twice now and both times the office is closed or they are on the phone and it is well before 7 p.m. EST. I am waiting on a call back.

I do agree that during the presentation, a "condo" was shown. It was not a condo and I called the guy on it. He admitted it was instead a hotel. He just wanted to show a high rise "condo" . This is deceptive. So far I have found nothing that compares to the trips he quoted during the presentation.

I am very dissapointed in this company. Please keep us informed on an resolution any one gets from this company.

22nd of Apr, 2008

Let me know, can I go with you??????? Joni Spires (The exact thing happened to us, only we never took the trip, my husband has terminal colon/liver cancer, with so many wiats on the phone, no call backs, and higher prices, now he is really too sick to travel. )

• Ri
      4th of Jun, 2008

We purchase a membership Sept. 17, 2007. Have tried to use our membership without success. Finally after months of trying, filed a complaint with Department of Consumer Advocate South Carolina, a TV station in SC, and several internet complaint boards. Here is part of their response to all three areas:They said:

'they had explained, and stated at the seminar where we bought the membership, and in their membership pack, any request for accommodation outside their 'major areas of concentration', was not promised their service.

Well, I am printing, directly from their membership packet:

'The VIP Travel Plan is unique in the fact that 'each' time you travel you will enjoy substantial savings. Whether you enjoy luxurious condos, cruising, all-inclusive reports, 3, 4, and 5 Star hotels, discounts on theme park tickets, restaurants, golf or RV rental, we can accommodate 'all' of your travel needs while saving you and your family money.'

(1) That's what we were told at the seminar, when we bought the membership;
    (2) that is what is published in their membership pack.

It appears they do not abide by their own membership publications. I have not attaacked them anywhere. I have, however, stated fact, after fact, after fact.

Please review here and other internet complaint boards, do a search on
    'VIP Travel' and you can decide for yourself if you wish to do business with them.

28th of Feb, 2010

My wife are nearing retirement and VIP Travel sounded wonderful. We paid them several thousand dollars for their services offered.
    2 days after signing we wanted to cancil the contract as the web site they promoted was nothing as described. They offered us a $1, 000.00 travel credit to stay with them. Now I can't even find their web site to expore an option for our 25th anniversary and when I called their number I got a message saying their number was not available from my calling area.

Should have stayed with our insticts and canciled. Last thing I want is to get involved in a class action law suit and throw more good money after bad.

It sadens me to know these lowlifes are getting away with stealing 100s if not 1, 000s of hard working peoples money.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

18th of Aug, 2010

This company is a scam operator preying on senior citizens. I attended a presentation for which I was awarded a travel certificate. Because I have cataracts in my eyes, I could not read the fine print which said I had to send $50 and send the form in by certified mail to receive my "free" plane tickets. The form was otherwise completely and properly filled out. I would have been happy to correct the errors if given an opportunity. The form was returned to me with a big VOID stamped across its face so that I was not able to correct the errors and receive the promised award. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS!!