Global Connections Complaints & Reviews

Global ConnectionsBad properties, no availability

We have owned our Global Connections timeshare for 4 years and have used it once. The property we were put in was old, dirty, and out of a bad movie. We have repeatedly looked on their site and requested the "new" properties (13 mos in advance which is all you can do) and they are never available. They offer us the old/dingy properties which we decline. If you don't mind staying in 1970/80 timeshares that people have sold because they upgraded to nicer/newer buildings- than this is for you. If you would like a clean fresh friendly vacation destination- check out another club, not Global Connections!

Global Connections — Scam

Let me shed some light here. Used to work for this place, at the distributor in Florida. My job was to defend...

Global ConnectionsIm Happy With My Membership

I just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I joined Global Connections 2 years ago and it was the BEST thing we've ever done. Our first trip was to San Diego to go to the famous San Diego zoo. The room we had was Huge! It cost exactly what they said it would. The only thing I didn't like was the tilling they had in the bathroom. It was hideous lol. But that's not global's fault. Bad interior designing. However the memories we created and the money we saved was well worth it. The second trip was to Panama City beach. It was beautiful. The kids really liked the fact that the resort was on the beach so they could just run outside and play whenever they wanted. We have a cruise planned coming up in a few months that are looking forward to. So all in all no company is perfect but this one has really gone above and beyond to make us happy. There's been a few very very minor issues but they were easily fixed. If you go to a presentation I would recommend doing it. I was really shocked to see some of the complaints written on here, that was until I really read into them. All you people that go to the presenations for "free" gifts.. I mean seriously what do you think your gonna get? Stop giving a good company a bad named based on something that has nothing to do with the company itself or the product they are selling. But all I can say Is my family and I have enjoyed global very much. I just wanted to take a moment out of my day to say Thank you.

ADVERTISIMENT

Global ConnectionsNot getting what we were promised

My husband and I had almost the exact experience as the complaint above. We bought 18 vacations; tried for 3 different vacations (over the past year) and so far they have not come thru. I am currently trying to get a refund thru the BBB of Oklahoma. At this point they want to keep $1875 (of almost $5000) for their marketing expenses!! Well, we never took the "free cruise", that was not free at all. I would have had to take 5 vacation days to stay on a boat for 2 nights, not worth it. So, they did not accrue expenses for that from us. Also, we got a $100 Resturant.com card which we still have, and would be more than glad to send back. The only other thing they gave us was a leather notebook with all the info in it, which is in perfect condition, and we would gladly send back. I do not think that adds up to $1875.00. During the presentation, we had to initial parts of the contract that says they are not promising many different things. We questioned each and every one, and was told each and every time, "It's just a formality" "we can almost always find a place, or use an affiliate"; to get us where we want to go. We specifically told them several times we do not like the typical tourist places, we are scuba divers, and go where there is good diving. We were in Key West the same month we bought the package, March 2011, and already had reservations for May 2011. We discussed that with them that evening. So, when we initialed on the contract the part that excludes Key West, we questioned the girl again, and told again, "we can almost always find a place for you. We were blatantly lied to, and yes we signed it, and absolutely should not have!! This company goes by so many different names; Southern Journeys of Oklahoma, Global Connections, myvacationquest.com, it is hard to know who to talk to. The person that responded to my BBB complaint has no phone number listed; hard to speak to the right person if you can not reach them by phone. I also looked them up on /link removed/ and there are many similar complaints there; mine will be there soon, as well. I will be using every type of media possible to warn people to stay away from this company. Leslie Armstrong of Oklahoma City

Global ConnectionsMisrepresentation of services

My husband I purchased 3 weeks from Global after sitting through their presentation in Mansfield, MA We had intended on going for the free (or not so free gift, a cruise and air fare, which we are still awaiting reimbursement for 3 months now. Before and after the presentation we had sat down with their represenatives for a lengthy amount of time. We told them our travel needs, looking for a 3 bedroom for the family and they assured us they had available 1-3 bedroom resorts in the carribbean which was our preferred destination to travel. AFTER we signed the documents they handed us their handbook and we went along our way.
        They only give you 3 business days to cancel, but you can't get on their website to check it out until you receive you membership number, which is about 7 days after you sign up. Does that make sense? We submitted our request for 3 destinations for a 3 bedroom 6 months in advance. Plenty of time you would think. Well it took the travel agent 14 days to get in touch with us in which she sent only 1 resort and the others in destinations we had not requested, nor were there any 3 bedrooms. When we questioned her about this she stated there were NO 3 bedrooms anywhere in the carribean. This was totally misleading. When we tried to get in touch with her that was a task within itself. The travel agency is only open from 8-5:30. Most people work during these hours so, I guess I need to take a day off from work to book a trip. When I called corporate to let them know how dissatisfied we were (and she had also not heard of no 3 bedrooms anywhere in the carribean) Imagine that and they promote this company.When you see their website, you will notice they only have a small selection of places to go. For example, they have no locations in New York, Chicago, or even the Florida Keys, or Bermuda. They say that if you don't see a place where you want to go, on the website, then to call and they will check to see what they may have, if anything at all. I don't see why we should pay out so much money, when we can't even see what resorts or locations are available. If we wanted to vacation in the US we would not have purchased this. We have no intentions on using this and want to be reimbursed for this nightmare.

The fact is, they do NOT tell you everything about the club unless you ask. They only give you 3 business days to cancel, but you can't get on their website to check it out until you receive you membership number, which is about 7 days after you sign up. When you see their website, you will notice they only have a small selection of places to go. For example, they have no locations in New York, Chicago, or even the Florida Keys. They say that if you don't see a place where you want to go, on the website, then to call and they will check to see what they may have, if anything at all. I don't see why I should pay out so much money, when I can't even see what resorts or locations are available. I would think that a company that's been around since 1971 (per sales presentation) would have all of their destinations and resorts plainly on their website for their members. And that peak season and value season thing is a whole other joke on it's own.

3 Responses
          • Es
            EStout Nov 27, 2012

Dissatisfied$

I sorry you are having trouble with your membership. You are more than welcome to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to help you with your membership. My direct number is [protected].

Eric Stout
            Operations Manager
            Global Connections, Inc.
            [protected]

• Di
            Dissatisfied$ Sep 23, 2012

We are filing a complaint with the State Attorney General in Florida - enough is enough. Those with a similar situation in the state of Florida need to do the same. We want refund of our WASTED money!!! Wen have never been able to get a single booking and looking at all the blogs out there, it's the same.

Don't be fooled by the very, very few positive blogs - those were probably written by Global Connections.

• Es
            EStout Jan 06, 2012

Hello, my name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to assist you with your membership. Please call me on my direct line [protected].

Eric Stout
            Operations Manager
            Global Connections, Inc.
            [protected]

Global Connections — Fraudulent company

For the promise of a free 3 or 4 day cruise plus free airfare for two, my wife and I attended a high-pressure...