VIP Travel / Chapter #11 Bankruptcy

We purchased a membership Sept. 2007. Tried to use the membership, VIP Travel could not accommodate. Asked for our money back. Was told no refund. Tried to use membership again. Finally, after months of trying to resolve the issue, I filed a complkaint with South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs in January 2008. The South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs must have had many complaints against VIP Travel, because the South Carolina Department filed a lawsuit against VIP Travel in April 2008. We received notice recently that VIP Travel filed Chapter #11 Bankruptcy July 25, 2008, in US Bankruptcy Court District of South Carolina Case #08-04363-hb 1100 Laurel Street Columbia SC [protected]

Comments

• Am
      11th of Mar, 2009

hats off to you Mr. Butler for keeping everyone posted on this company! I have read SEVERAL of your articles and am so glad there is someone out there informing people of these scam artists! I worked there and know what they have done to sooooooo many people. I am truly sorry you had to undergo this catastrophe but I hope it is a lesson to others! CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS!

• Vi
      23rd of Apr, 2009

If all the problems with VIP weren't enough headache! Now a company called Resort Reservation P.O. Box 2264 Columbia, SC 29201 has taken over where VIP left off! Scamming, Scamming, Scamming you out of money. I was unfortunately a member of VIP before it went bankrupt in 7/2008. Resort Reservation contacted me and said they were a "vendor" of VIP, and that VIP had filed bankruptcy and they could offer me the same services at the same price. I did not respond because I had already had enough problems with VIP, never getting any services from them for the $1916.76 I spent. I had already tried to cancel my membership with VIP and they told me I was "locked in by my contract". Now, Resort Reservation has decided to start billing my credit card I had on file with VIP without my consent thru a billing company called Universal Account Servicing, LLC. P.O. Box 147 St. Joseph, MO 64502-0147. They are very rude and said they "took over" VIP's contracts. I am now getting an attorney and suing Resort Reservation for their fraud and unauthorized use of my credit card. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT get involved with this company, you will regret it forever. If you are being charged on your credit card and did not authorize it, call the BBB, the state attorney general, and your attorney! They are ruthless! BEWARE RESORT RESERVATION IS A SCAM!