Viking Appliance Company / Broke our oven and no replacement!

I purchased a Viking double oven and my wife went to bake a cake after we had it for 6 months, she does not bake much. The cake burned after cooking only 10 minutes, the thermostat was 100 degrees off. So I called the local appliance dealer we bought it from they came and replaced the part (thermostat) after waiting 6 weeks. The technician when replacing the part scratched the face plate around the knob and ruined it so now you cannot read all the markings on it, to set on correct temp. We paid $3800.00 for that oven and have had problems from the start. They were supposed to replace the whole front of oven, I have called several times, it's been 6 months and nothing has been done.

Viking appliance co. and Appliance Distributors of Louisiana in Baton Rouge,La. Phone #[protected]

A  19th of Mar, 2008 by
We too have had such experiences with Viking. The oven never sat flush against the cabinet in one corner. They blamed everyone except their oven. Three installation companies later and it still not flush. It turns out it is the oven, but they aren't going to do anything about it. Their service rep states "I can live with that"

My belief is that when you pay for the Viking name, the product better be perfect. It's like buying a Ferrari with "just a few dents"

Viking's policy... blame it on everyone else.