Victory Nissan / they overcharged me

In January of this year My husband Steve was driving to work on icy roads when he slid into the rear end of a truck who's driver was checking out a six car pile up at the foot of the hill. Steve was fine, but our poor 2001 Mitshibishi was totalled, and the driver of the truck must have been fine also because he drove off and did not wait for the police to be called.

Steve still had his old 72 Chevy Nova to drive to work, but I was now out of a car so we decided to finance another car somewhere else then go to our bank to re-finance this new car in six months giving our slow insurance company time to pay off the loan on our old car. So we went to Victory Nissan and decided to purchase a 2006 Nissan Sentra after we were told that the blue book value on it was $10, 500. We put $2000 down on it, signed the papers, and drove away in our new car thinking that this was what we were paying for the car. What we were actually charged was hidden under a lot of other charges so that hubby would have had to do some subtracting to find it, and he thought that they sold enough cars that they would not cheat us so he did not do the math. Our interest rate was 16.9% on this contract, but we thought that this was okay since we would only be making payments at this rate for about five months.

Last week we had owned the Nissan for six months so we went into our bank to get it re-financed. It was at this time we learned that instead of the $10, 500 that we thought we had paid for the car, we had been charged $14, 125 before taxes and other things were added to the loan and that we now owed $4000 more for the car then it was worth even after paying $2000 down. Joann, our bank loan official, advised us to go back and talk to the General Sales Manager which we did, and he claims that our car simply depreciated $4000 in value since we left there with it six months ago. We can never get this car re-financed because we will always owe more on it then it is worth. It is not right for this car lot to tell us the blue book value on the car when we asked how much the car was going to cost us when they had no intention of charging us anywhere near that amount.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      15th of Jul, 2008

I bought a Sentra last year and within months my transmisson went out so I traded for a Quest book vaule was real high $32, 000 so I agreed to go half way between the prices that left with about 15, 000.00 and everyone was in agreement. When I got ready to sign the deal my payment was almost 600.00 a month and the paper work stated that I would be paying back over $42, 000.00 for the van. I would love to tell everyone my expression but it was not nice. Then the general manger came in and told me he was having to pay off my Sentra which is funny because I paid cash for the Sentra18, 500. The manger lead me on thinking I was getting a great deal for $15, 000. with paymnet of 300. that I said I could live with that. The next morning the same type of Vehical was on sell for 20, 000. If this was such as great place why could they have not said hey wait tomorrow you can get this same car about 10, 000.00 with your trade in. The sad part now my Quest is making the same weird noises that the Sentra and it has only 8, 200 miles on it so here I go again. Oh by the way I was told it was my fault and that Carfax would be notied about the Sentra's transmission. It only had 10, 000 miles on it and the manager stated his the company would have to suck up my cost what a gulit trip. Gee I thought that was what Nissan'a warranty was about and it diffently was not my fault since we expressed concern's to the saleman the day we bought the car that the transmission sounded funny. He convinced my sickly husband ( he has cancer) that this particula transmission was new to Nissans and they made a weird noise. This would be his last car and he loved it so he bought it against my advice. So I will go back today and see why my Quest is making a noise somewhere in the transaxel or wheel bearing, caplier or somewhere only they will know and probaby three weeks down the road after me being told sevral tiomes to bring back the loaner car they will try to tell me it is in my mind and when I throw a fit the will finally find the problem try to shut me up but this time I will not buy anything else from them they may have a note from my lawyer instead of a sale.