Verizon Virginia Inc. / unfair settlement

when my mother passed away in 1999 I took over the house phone number I did not have at&t at that time and still don't to this day and when I would get my monthly statement it would have an at&t surcharge on it so I contactaed at&t and spoke with a supervisor there and it showed that I had no account with them and I told at&t I was being charged a surchage I was told to take it up with verizon so when I called verizon they said that at&t was charging them so verizon will charge me that is when I switched phone companies ad been harrassed ever since by collections and I have told verizon as well as the other collection companies when verizon will refund all at&t surcharges that has been charged to me then and only then will settle up any difference and this has been going on since 1999

Comments

12th of Sep, 2008
    verizon virginia inc. - Phone bill not owed paid in 2005
    AFNI, Inc.
    P.OB.ox 4327
    Phone: (866) 307-9197
    afnmicollections.com

This is the second time that AFNI, Inc. in the last year that I have been sent an collection notice.

This account (757)562-3214 was paid in the amount of $87.00 through Household Finance
    Check #5162013524 dated September 30, 2005.

They are stating that I owe them $86.85
    I have also forward them a copy of the cancel check last year stating that I don't owe the debt.