VCA Animal Hospital / fraud
VCA gives customers a discount card which states "board your pet for 9 days and get the 10th for free.
At VCA Animal Hospital in Clearwater, FL. I boarded my pet for 9 days. When I asked to have the discount card validated for the 9 days, I was told that they count each boarding stay as one day. Only day was validated. This contradicts what is stated on the card and constitutes false advertising.
Other issues with VCA Gulf Bay, Clearwater, FL:
1. Unwillingness to record medical exams onto pet's health records. It was necessary to demand and insist and the veterinarian was very uncooperative, yet the exam in question was their prerequisite for boarding. Obviously, it is not recorded, it could be required again by them without mention of it on health records.
2. Non disclosed extra charges for services not asked for added to final bill. When questioned why extra services were performed, the answer was, it's a package. I asked for nail-clipping. I was told my cat was given a bath etc. Since when do you bathe cats. They should have informed me that if I asked for nails clipped, I would be charged for a package grooming kit. I would not have opted for that.
3. No boarding options, whereas other VCA do have options for cats, only the most expensive option is available. Boarding was about 30% more expensive than other VCA's used.
More VCA Animal Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- VCA Animal Hospital - suspected veterinary malpractice 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - money hungry business who do not care about the welfare of your pet! 
- VCA Animal Hospital - expense/service 
- VCA Animal Hospital - it's only about money
- VCA Animal Hospital - vca wants your money! 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - unethical charges for test performed with no results!
- VCA Animal Hospitals - deception
- VCA Animal Hospitals - vca in general
- VCA Animal Hospitals - gross negligence
- VCA Animal Hospitals - health and housing services of animals