Vanilla Visa Gift Card — can't use the card/declined
On June 11/09 I bought a Vanilla Visa gift card as a present to my sister, she tried to use it on 3 different places and they told her that the card was declined. I called the number on the back of the card and they said that it wasn't activated properly that I needed to go to the store where I got the card (Dollar General/Asheville/Patton Ave.) until 3 attempts to have somebody to help me the Assistant Manager called vanilla visa from there and they gave her some instructions but at the end she told me that I had to come back when the Gral. Mngr. get to the store that he would help me.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Asheville, NCI went the following day and he did the same thing, called Vanilla Visa again and told him to read the card number and then the number on the outside of the card cover and they told him that the numbers did'nt match and he resumed that he couldn't do anything because the numbers didn't match, implying that I have changed the original card from the card cover.
How did I know that the numbers matched when I bought the card if I didn't opened it when I bought it, this was a gift card that you give away the way you buy it. Until this day I cannot use the card.
I feel helpless, like if they just STOLE my money and didn't even want to investigate how this mistake was done.
More Vanilla Visa Gift Card Complaints & Reviews
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - it won't work 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - not able to use 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - visa ripoff cards
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - card unusable 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - no refund of stolen funds
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - deceptive fees 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - unusable 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - I purchased 2 gift cards $500 & $200 neither card worked 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - useless 
- Vanilla Visa Gift Card - gift card