Value Plus Monthly / Unauthorized monthly charge from Value Plus Monthly

1 Jamaica, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 646-533-2721

I reviewed my credit card statement for the last two months and saw monthly charges of approximately fifteen dollars to Value Plus Monthly. I did not authorize these charges and want the charges to stop immediately and be reimbursed for my previous payments. This is definitely fraud as I see other people withthe same complaints against Value Plus.

More Value Plus Monthly Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      3rd of Jun, 2008

They got me too! Rather than call them directly, I think I'll handle it through AMEX and the State Attorney General's office. Unless complaints are made with the AG, there is little reason for them to stop.

I have a similar complaint with Passport to Fun in Norwalk, CT. They seem to do the same thing.

• Am
      19th of Sep, 2008
    Value Plus Monthly - unauthorized credit card charges
    Homeplay Monthly

Charged to our credit card since May and we didn't solicit the service. Even after "cancelling" the service we didn't order, they still charged our credit card.

• Pa
      8th of Feb, 2009

I, too, have had monthly charges from them on AMEX (twice). I went to the website to "cancel" whatever account it is that they think I have with them. I think I will follow Gary C's advise and handle this through AMEX and other channels. Does anyone even have any idea who these people are? This must have been attached to some other credit card purchase...I'm embarrased to admit that I did recently purchase something from a TV infomercial (ugg!), and these charges have appeared since that purchase.

• Cr
      5th of Apr, 2010

Hello folks, I am getting charged $19.95!

I found their website and it has a telephone number for customer servic3e--1-800-475-1942

They canceled the subscription I allegedly made when I purchased something else on the internet. Like that gives them authority to piggy back!?

They said they will send me a letter within 7-10 days that contains instructions for getting a refund.

I am going to see how many hoops that letter contains and send it to the AG for Washington too!

• Sp
      22nd of May, 2010

I too have the same issue for $24.95 a month and they said I had to be the one to agree to there terms and after a war of words and the threat of a lawsuit they agreed to credit and cancel this charge.

• Ds
      26th of Oct, 2010

I was undergoing cancer treatment and therapy for a long period and did not closely monitor AMEX statements. I had value plus charge of 19.95 every month since Oct 2009. I am too waiting for a refund. I will let you know how it goes. I would happily join in a class action lawsuit through the AG's Office to punish and put these guys out of business. What they are doing is (e)mail fraud and that is a felony. Shane from California.

• Ct
      5th of Nov, 2010

I was told that I "accepted" membership through a "pop-up" $25 gift card offer while on a different web site. They should not be allowed to sign you up for a membership without you filling in the information. They basically stole my information from the other site. I hope a class action suit is taken. I, too, did not notice that I was being charged since Oct 2009.

• Ge
      6th of Nov, 2010

maybe if you checked your billing statements you wouldn't be charge several times. duh. check out the better business bureau.. they have an A+ rating.. just so you know.

• Ct
      22nd of Nov, 2010

Their business practices are unethical and dishonest. I was online buying another product, not their's. They essentially stole my information. Unfortunately, my oversight is a result of having gone paperless. With the amount of charges I make a month, it went unnoticed. Everyone knows that an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau means nothing as it can be bought.

• Ke
      8th of Dec, 2010

i have been been abused by this co my self we all should start a class action suite against them and the company that sold our information kevinnilson2002@yahoo.com

• Fi
      11th of Jan, 2011

Thank you creisalot. The 800-475-1942 got me to a "membership services." The rep gave me a confirmation # for what he said is an immediate cancellation. He did allow that i supposedly ascribed to a software service on-line, wheras i had not. He said he could not disclose any further info. I asked about getting my money back, so he said he would send a form to fill out for reimbursement of the three $24.95 charges. I also called AMEX and they agreed to waive the charges. We will see what happens, and come back with a report.

• Ca
      3rd of Feb, 2011

I, too, have been had by these 'scamsters'. A charge began showing up last month on my Chase card under the following:
    ES *VALUE PLUS MONTHLY 800-669-6975 MN 24.95
    I didn't think anything of it at that time since I thought it may have been an online charge that I forgot to record. But when it showed up again this month I knew better. I have filed a complaint with Chase; waiting now to see what they have to say. Surely they know about this crap what with all of the other complaints! Does anyone know what this company is?? These people need to be driven out of business ASAP!

• On
      24th of Mar, 2011

Everyone on here is completely lost and confused. This is why you all need to read the terms and conditions before you hit "accept" or "submit" when making a purchase online. This company and others like budget savers, are under the umbrella of companies that provide a portion of their profits to vendors like Acai Berry, Colon cleansers and many many many others. By checking the terms and conditions without reading the fine print, you are subjecting yourself and your card to future fees for a membership. Please be aware of what the very fine and legible print says. Also, one last thing, the poor analysts from AMEX or Budget Savers are only doing their job so stop blaming them and take responsibility for your actions. Honestly, if your car runs out of gas, I wonder who is to blame for that.

• Mg
      18th of Apr, 2011
    Value Plus Monthly - fraud
    362 CAPISTRANO CT
    Marco Island
    Florida
    Phone: 2393897367

Billing Amex card through esellrate for several months. They claim electronic signature .
    never received any thing from them. A major scam and shame on Amex for not delisting them after all the complaints.
    BBB gives them A+ (meaningless)

20th of Apr, 2011

You say: "... that provide a portion of their profits to vendors like Acai Ber..." Guess you're trying to say that they work on commission.

As for the "analysts" at AmEx etc., that you mention - what on earth would an "analyst" have to do with this scenario?! Are you talking about telephone sales reps? It almost sounds as if you are one of them, or perhaps work for Value Plus?

And finally, are you serious?!!? "Check the Terms and... " . Scammers like these guys do NOT announce their intention to defraud in any discernible way AT ALL and especially not under Terms and Conditions. You would do better to suggest that everyone check their bank's attitude to scammers like this before opening an account. Too many banking outfits are indifferent to this kind of scam and will leave their customers out to dry.

My bank has reversed the VP charges fraudulently billed to my card, (for what I have no idea), and is working with the relevant authorities to stop the creeps. Slimy as they are that won't be easy and it's unlikely VP will even be slowed down. I'm sure they have a ton of company names to hang out instead of "Value Plus" should anyone ever get close to them and without missing a beat it'll be "Business as Usual", rip-off business, that is.

• Ia
      1st of Jun, 2011

I have the same problem - exactly. Digital River deny any knowledge of the transaction, the same as our friends at "value plus monthly". At least AMEX has credited my account for the past ~60 days. Check out the web for Digital River and their many "subsiduaries". May they all rot.

Posted: 2011-01-08 by tokenboy
    Unauthorized Charge
    American Express card by Value Plus Monthly Software and one by the same vendor in December of 2010 for $24. 95. Amex put a block against this vendor preventing future charges to my account and they have opened a fraud investigation...

1st of Jun, 2011

"My bank has reversed the VP charges fraudulently billed to my card, (for what I have no idea), and is working with the relevant authorities to stop the creeps. .."

VP has replied to my bank that they keep record of all Web applications for their service/product(s) and that they have mine! (I still have no idea what they purport to buy/rent or in any other way, provide.)

As a result my bank has reversed the charge reversal 'til they hear back from me. Not only, but my bank photocopied me dozens of pages which VP sent them... none of which say/show anything other than their blank Web application and their claim to "keep records" and to be a reputable business. WOW. What nerve. The paperwork forwarding cost my bank over $2 in postage,

Next step: I have to call my bank - again. It's in Australia where I lived years ago and never closed because every few years I visit there. Money lost, time lost, what a pain. Is it better to be the scammer nowadays than the scammed? Can't help wondering.

28th of Jun, 2011

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANY CHARGES WITH SEM*VALUE PLUS! I SEE ON MY VISA DEBIT ACCOUNT THERE IS A PENDING OF $24.95! PLEASE DELETE THESE CHARGES AT ONCE!

THANKS,
    PEGGY L TAYLOR

28th of Jun, 2011

VERY UPSET!

• Ju
      2nd of Aug, 2011

Made unauthorized charges to my checking account.