Value max / Unauthorized membership

Value Max
This morning, 7/18/09, I made a one-time search on Intelius and this afternoon I received an email
from Value Max that if they didn't hear from me by July 26, they would start debiting my checking
account monthly - they didn't specify the amount. I immediately phoned the number provided
but got nowhere because they were asking for an ID number which I didn't have. I then went online,
checked the cancellation box. My email address was requested and an ID number. I checked the "forgot
ID box" and IMMEDIATELY received a notice that my membership was cancelled. Also, it would take
2-3 business days to send a confirmation of cancellation. THIS AFTERNOON I RECEIVED TWO

When I used Intelius this morning, the site I used said it was secure - apparently IT IS NOT!

N  8th of Sep, 2009 by
I used Intellus today and received a free "trial membership" from this company and was notified by e-mail that my e-mail was my electronic signature authorizing the debit of my account. I had 7 days to cancel my membership or would be billed. What? I only went to Intellus and never accepted any offer from Value Max. I called the company, cancelled the "membership" but wanted to know how they got my information account information. I was told I had to physical input my account info into the Value Max site. WHAT!? Imagine going to Walmart and getting a bill from Target. This company has questionable business practices which makes Intellius questionable as well if they continue to allow individuals to be billed by a secondary company. If others have a similar complaint, try sending a letter to: Krista Alba - Cost Center Manager, 9500 West Dodge Rd, Omaha, NE 68114.
N  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.